Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laron Landry signed with Colts (confirmed) (merge)

Ihh61691

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dude is built like a tank and really only has had the achilles problem.  He's no bob sanders who is five foot nothing and ways 180 and hits like a tank..  I'd be intrigued if Brent Grimes falls much further and we bring him in on a one year incentive laden deal.  Him opposite Vontae would be beast.  Toler as the nickel and butler as the dime!

Grimes signed a one year deal to stay with the Falcons

The thing is.. he is good in coverage.. but we have to find a stat of the breakout plays he does, he can cover, but when the WR/TE/RB catches the ball, he's there to hit something.. i really like him.. because it's that kind of Defensive player that you can just close your eyes and hear him play.. no need to see the hits.. you can hear it..

Grigson is doing a fantastic job so far and we're still early in the process. Like you said, he is filling needs but not going out and paying mega contracts to the flashiest names.

Totally agree, if we add a couple of good pieces for depth and Maybee sign another OG like Brandon Moore that can upgrade the O-Line and a solid Draft were right were we need.

Now THIS signing, I'm stoked about. Great get for us at a fair price. 

The less we're locked in to positional need, the more interesting the draft's going to be. This might be the year we go WR round 1, or maybe we wind up with Datone Jones or Margus Hunt. Too soon to tell, but either way, we've bought ourselves a lot of draft flexibility with the pickups we've made in FA so far.

Source?  I haven't seen that anywhere.

my bad. i never got the update 

Updating a previous item, free agent CB Brent Grimes has not signed a one-year deal to stay in Atlanta.

The original report came from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, which has acknowledged its error. Grimes remains free to the highest bidder. Thus far, the corner market has been slow to develop for obvious reasons: it's the deepest position in free agency. Sean Smith, Grimes, and Aqib Talib all remain available. Mar 12 - 8:49 PM

New member. Been browsing this forum for a long time. Never took the time to join until now. Free agency has me anxious.

Landry is a big upgrade at one of our most at-need positions. If he can stay healthy, our defense will shock some people. I was hoping for this pickup rather than the Pollard talk. What most folks don't know about pollard is that he's been a disaster in the locker rooms everywhere he's been. Fort Wayne in hs, he left early at Purdue because Tiller practically kicked him out. Houston and Baltimore. Reports are that Baltimore is doing the same that purdue did. So I'm very happy we steered clear of that mess and picked up a more talented and athletic player. Keep building this monster.

So now how is our offensive line? Do we need more?

Welp at least we know Manusky's not on the elliptical again. I hope we take Warford with our first. He's graded as a 88/100 on NFL.com and a projected first rounder. We'd have pass block on the left with Castonzo and Thomas, and power on the right with Warford, and Cherilus. Come at us JJ Watt :P.

Sorry, new to this website. I have always been a college fan and now am moving into the NFL. I am an Arkansas Fan, I know our last year was HORRIBLE! But, we still have great players, just need a better coach. I want the colts to do well and I know they will with Luck and the other players working together, just hang in there for a good ride this year. As we have all seen, it's not over til it's over...Luck and the team won't give up. :)

That's higher than I would like, but if Landry stays healthy and plays up to his potential, he will be worth that

When i see a post like yours that says a  guy can`t get hurt playing football and they have to play to your expectations i think that person should just .... it`s .......

Welp at least we know Manusky's not on the elliptical again. I hope we take Warford with our first. He's graded as a 88/100 on NFL.com and a projected first rounder. We'd have pass block on the left with Castonzo and Thomas, and power on the right with Warford, and Cherilus. Come at us JJ Watt :P.

Float like a butterfly on the left...sting like a bee on the right.

That is about the only place that is projecting him as a first rounder

I am reserved on this one for 2 reasons. The guy seem to prefer big hits to tackles and we all know what may happen when he misses and second, I am concerned he is not going to stay healthy. I would have preferred Pollard because he seems to stay healthy.

Make the call. Tell them to stop the deal. What are the odds ANY starter won`t stay healthy playing NFl football.

Absurd.

Probably is the safest most accurate bet to I'd imagine compared to a large majority of other sites that wont put names or faces to there projections

Yeah, unless the Guard in question is Cooper or Warmack, they have no business being our 1st round pick. There's a number of quality power blocking G's we can grab with a mid-round pick instead that'd still be an upgrade for us.

Probably is the safest most accurate bet to I'd imagine compared to a large majority of other sites that wont put names or faces to there projections

Don't know why you keep saying this. You have no idea who does their draft tracker. Funny that nobody who actually puts their name on it at nfl network projects Warford as a first rounder.

I'm officially happier then a body builder directing traffic. Which is good, because if we didn't get one of the safeties signed, i was gonna be madder than a three-legged dog trying to bury a turd on a frozen lake... Glad we got this done. I'm really beginning to like our secondary a lot.