Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laron Landry signed with Colts (confirmed) (merge)

Ihh61691

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is like a Bob Sanders contract average, hopefully Landry lives up to it. I like the ceiling immensely over Pollard. Hopefully Pagano gets out all the lack of discipline habits he may have developed with the Redskins and Jets.

Just to clear up a couple things about Landry;

He is NOT injury prone. He hurt his achilles once and the Skins soured on him because he wanted a new deal but did not want to have surgery.

He is NOT undisciplined. He was allowed/forced to become a freelancer ons the Skins D after Sean Taylor's passing.

This is a perfect landing spot for Landry. There is structure here, a pedigree of high standards as opposed to the constant chaos associated with the Jets and Skins.

Landry is a Colt, I'm happy.

At first, I ws reluctant about this signing because of the injury concerns.  But after researching it, in 2010 he blew out the achilles tendon (very painful BTW) and his injuries in 2011 were all leg related (I beleive the same leg) and can be attributed to his favoring that ankle and his leg not being 100% because you really can't do much rehab if your achilles is torn.  2012 his achilles was fully healed and the rest of his leg strength was there and he had a probowl season.  Obviously in the NFL there is always a chance for injury but it's not like his injuries were like Bob Sanders where he tears a bicep, then hurts a knee and then a shoulder, and then...

When i see a post like yours that says a  guy can`t get hurt playing football and they have to play to your expectations i think that person should just .... it`s .......

I never said he can't get hurt, nor did I say he has to play to my expectations. I just said I hope he doesn't get hurt and can play up to his own potential

Just to clear up a couple things about Landry;

He is NOT injury prone. He hurt his achilles once and the Skins soured on him because he wanted a new deal but did not want to have surgery.

He is NOT undisciplined. He was allowed/forced to become a freelancer ons the Skins D after Sean Taylor's passing.

This is a perfect landing spot for Landry. There is structure here, a pedigree of high standards as opposed to the constant chaos associated with the Jets and Skins.

Landry is a Colt, I'm happy.

THIS

He's not injury prone like Bob Sanders. This is the perfect scenario for him.

No. --     Indianapolis Colts

Safety

Personal information

Date of birth: October 14, 1984 (age 28) Place of birthMetairie, Louisiana Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)

Career information

High schoolBoutte (LA) Hahnville CollegeLouisiana State NFL Draft2007 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6 Debuted in 2007 for the Washington Redskins

Career history
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012

Tackles 483 Quarterback sacks 5.5 Pass deflections 39 Interceptions 6 Forced fumbles 10 Touchdowns 1

2012 Season

Landry reached an agreement with the New York Jets on March 19, 2012 on a one-year, $3.5 million contract with $700,000 in guaranteed money.[13][14] By June 14, 2012, it was reported that Landry's Achilles tendon was fully healed, but the heel bone connected to the tendon was still healing.[15] With the bone still healing, he was placed on the physically unable to perform list prior to the start of training camp.[16] He was placed on the active roster again on July 26.[17] He made a stellar debut as a Jet during the season opening win against the Buffalo Bills as he led the Jets' defense in tackles. He made his presence known by having an impressive tackle against Fred Jackson, which took him out for the rest of the game, and forcing a fumble that was recovered by Yeremiah Bell.[18][19] He had another good performance in Week 3 against the Miami Dolphins after intercepting Ryan Tannehill, he ran the ball back for 18 yards and scored his first career touchdown.[20] Late in the first half of the game, he also landed a hard tackle on Reggie Bush, which made him leave the rest of game.[21] Landry was selected to the 2013 Pro Bowl on December 26, marking the first appearance of his career, having been selected only as a Pro Bowl alternate in 2007 and 2008.[22] By the end of the season, Landry set new career highs of 100 combined tackles and four forced fumbles, as well as, recorded two interceptions, eight pass deflections, and one touchdown.

Laron Landry is so buff they use his DNA to produce steroids.

Laron Landry hits so hard Roger Goodell needs a concussion test after viewing the film.

And so the Laron Landry jokes commence...  Reminds me of the good ole days of Bob "Hitman" Sanders.  Great to have a head thumper patroling our secondary once more.