Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

Just now, Superman said:

Ballard might be the most transparent GM in the league. He basically telegraphed this pick for two months, and we could have just believed in what he was saying and figured this out. 

After 400 pages, forgive me if I forgot everything :) 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Ballard might be the most transparent GM in the league. He basically telegraphed this pick for two months, and we could have just believed in what he was saying and figured this out. 

Eh then how’s the accuracy comments come into play here? They took the least accurate of all QBs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Celebrate We The Best GIF by Booksmart

AR is who I wanted, especially considering we stayed at #4.

If he pans out, it puts us in position to go head to head with teams like KC, Buffalo, Denver, etc... when the games mean the most. 

If he fails to develop, then so what. Colts can grab another average QB until the next franchise guy comes arpund.

But we now have at the least, a exciting QB on the roster and it will be fun watching him.

Good pick regardless how it works out.

Either he leads us to the promised land or he leads us to Arch Manning, which would also be the promised land lol...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

You are weirding out.

YOU are saying Steichen should have made us take Hooker because of single trait.

:headspin: How Chloeish! Sad.

I’m saying that’s why some fans could be thinking that but to be clear I don’t think he lied.

Sorry about not taking the time to explain. Trying to get things done at home and type fast.

AR is who I wanted, if you look at my poll voting but I felt they’d go with Levis

Richardson wasn't my preference but he is a Colt now so I will support him. A good point was made on Sirus NFL Radio today. I can't remember who said it but they basically said that even if Richardson can't cut it as a NFL QB he is such a good athlete that he could help the team in other ways/other positions. The example they used was Taysome Hill from the Saints and how he plays different positions. Just something to think about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Celebrate We The Best GIF by Booksmart

AR is who I wanted, especially considering we stayed at #4.

If he pans out, it puts us in position to go head to head with teams like KC, Buffalo, Denver, etc... when the games mean the most. 

If he fails to develop, then so what. Colts can grab another average QB until the next franchise guy comes arpund.

But we now have at the least, a exciting QB on the roster and it will be fun watching him.

Good pick regardless how it works out.

Exactly how I see it. Total boom or bust, but it'll be funner than watching a statue or some other washed up retread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, csmopar said:

I with ya, but if his work ethic and desire to be the greatest ever while knowing he has to work to do is all true, and he holds too it, then he’s got a chance.

He can have the greatest work ethic of all time but he has too much to learn to be ready for the NFL to start day one.

• Like 1

I like it - high upside but no guarantees; free agent Wentz and the troubles of Baker Mayfield are recent examples.  We’ll know in a few years.  Minchew can play well enough to let Richardson learn.  It’s a good setup.  

Just now, csmopar said:

Eh then how’s the accuracy comments come into play here? They took the least accurate of all QBs

What about everything else Ballard (and Steichen) said? Or what about Ballard's history of favoring high traits prospects?

Last week, Ballard basically said it wasn't Levis. At the Combine, he said all the young QBs need a lot of work and development, so acting like 'ready to start Day 1' is a major factor didn't make sense. He said the drop back QB probably isn't the direction of the NFL right now. He also basically said all along that trading up wasn't gonna happen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Took the track star over a quarterback. 

Exactly...so what if Richardson ran for 15 yds during the season?!  What the hell is that?  I am not happy with this pick!! We need a QB not a running back!

• Like 2

I remember when Manning was a rookie, and his coordinator asked him why he didn't throw the ball.  Manning didn't think people were open, and his coach told him in the NFL, the tiny windows were open.  I lived to see running backs become obsolete, now, we have QBs who just need to chuck in the right general direction.  Still excited, the kid is a natural leader.  He is the athletic Tim Tebow.

Regardless, it’s gonna be fun at QB!  The mustache and the Greek God will be entertaining.  I do think Minshew will start the season, but I have a feeling Steichen will fill in the blanks with the best of AR15 until he’s ready.