Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth….   This story is dated April 24, the night of the draft.   It’s not based on anything since.   

He’s calling AR Trey Lance 2.0.   Maybe he’s right, maybe not.    Obviously we’re all hoping Ballard and the scouts and Steichen and his staff plus other analysts who see something special are right.  

trey Lance hasn’t had a chance yet so I’m not sure if that would be bad or not.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Mike Florio laughs and say Texans better hope stroud pans out because Texans passed on Richardson twice. Lol

I agree with him on the support system being the most important. CJ is talented and has an NFL arm and accuracy. But a QB's success is more about the environment they're in. Do they fit the system? Do they have good teachers and coaches? Do they have catchers whom they can build trust in? Do they have the maturity and the endless drive? It's not talked about much, but the greats who last as passers all have some things in common: they had fantastic teaching coaches, they had good weapons, and they were lifelong learners of the game. They still light up when talking about it. 

You can physically see the joy when Richardson talks about football. It's been his life. That's underrated. I think he has the will to make it as long as he keeps his head on his shoulders and continues to soak in everything they're teaching him. 

Steichen has been tabbed as an expert in developing rookie QBs, and if that's true there's no reason Richardson can't succeed in the future. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I agree with him on the support system being the most important. CJ is talented and has an NFL arm and accuracy. But a QB's success is more about the environment they're in. Do they fit the system? Do they have good teachers and coaches? Do they have catchers whom they can build trust in? Do they have the maturity and the endless drive? It's not talked about much, but the greats who last as passers all have some things in common: they had fantastic teaching coaches, they had good weapons, and they were lifelong learners of the game. They still light up when talking about it. 

You can physically see the joy when Richardson talks about football. It's been his life. That's underrated. I think he has the will to make it as long as he keeps his head on his shoulders and continues to soak in everything they're teaching him. 

Steichen has been tabbed as an expert in developing rookie QBs, and if that's true there's no reason Richardson can't succeed in the future. 

Something else he brings up in that video is Richardson has  a cheat code with his athleticism. Everyhing doesn’t need to be perfect around him go succeed. Something I have always wanted in a quarterback. I am really seeing now why they took him over Levis and why Irsay said they probably would have even taken him at 1.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nice video.  I think it's a bit ignorant when he talks about Taylor and RBs in general being screwed over.   Teams have figured out that there isn't much advantage in having the best RB as opposed to an average RB.  In fact, putting too much of the cap into the RB position has proven to be a disadvantage. 

So is it screwing RBs over because teams want to win and winning means not tying up too much cap space into the rb?  Apparently the Colts are just supposed to commit to losing so they can overpay the RB....doesn't sound fair to the rest of the team.  

41 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Nice video.  I think it's a bit ignorant when he talks about Taylor and RBs in general being screwed over.   Teams have figured out that there isn't much advantage in having the best RB as opposed to an average RB.  In fact, putting too much of the cap into the RB position has proven to be a disadvantage. 

So is it screwing RBs over because teams want to win and winning means not tying up too much cap space into the rb?  Apparently the Colts are just supposed to commit to losing so they can overpay the RB....doesn't sound fair to the rest of the team.  

It doesn't matter who you have at running back.  If you don't have a really good qb you aren't winning the super bowl.    If you have a really good qb and a really good running back,   that is a bonus 

• Like 1