Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That tie was huge at the beginning of the season because there isn't a lot of gap between 8 and 14 right now

What players are yall wanting to go after in the draft?

BTW Olu OT from Penn State is staying in school

Anthony Richardson , we need someone we a lot of upside and elite athleticism 

Hopefully we lose the majority of our remaining games and get the highest pick possible for a QB, Ryan is not the answer, Sam is not the answer. Neither is another washed up vet from another team to join the merry-go-round.

I know a lot of the more pure sports fans will say hoping to lose is not the "proper" way to be a fan. But really think about it, you NEED a QB to win in this league, when your not good enough for playoffs, and not bad enough to draft high enough to get your QB, your in purgatory, the worst possible scenario. Thats when you get 5 years of a new washed up vet QB every year. 

7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That tie was huge at the beginning of the season because there isn't a lot of gap between 8 and 14 right now

What players are yall wanting to go after in the draft?

BTW Olu OT from Penn State is staying in school

The loss of the big Penn Stare OT is big for the Colts.    Ideally, the Colts need to come out of the first round either with a QB or a LT.    It’s still not clear that Rainmann is the future at that spot.  

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Perfect starting point to trade up and take a G.  He'll be generational and fix the oline immediately.

No worries.   Fear not.   Don’t lose any sleep.    

At this point no guard or center is projected as a first rounder.   Now, that could change between now and late April.   But there’s no generational G like Q. 

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No we  need someone who can play football. Enough gambles on upside and pick best football player available.

That’s what got us in this position now trying to pick BPA instead of BPA at PON , we need a qb and linemen I don’t care if you draft a QB in the 1st and another in the 3rd we have to start trying to get a young guy no matter what it takes 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No worries.   Fear not.   Don’t lose any sleep.    

At this point no guard or center is projected as a first rounder.   Now, that could change between now and late April.   But there’s no generational G like Q. 

Shoot.  None?  But it would be such a winning strategy if there was.

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The loss of the big Penn Stare OT is big for the Colts.    Ideally, the Colts need to come out of the first round either with a QB or a LT.    It’s still not clear that Rainmann is the future at that spot.  

Personally I would take  a QB if it is one of the better ones   Other than that I would look WR    I think Rainmann will work out just fine and no need to draft a backup (at least next yr).    

20 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Shoot.  None?  But it would be such a winning strategy if there was.

I know.   I know.    You’ve been Quentin’s biggest fan since long before the Colts drafted him.   No one cheered louder than you when we did.   And no one has supported Ballard’s decision more than you.   It’s been inspiring to so many.   

:sarcasm:

33 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Anthony Richardson is one of the worst players in college football this year. He has no chance of playing in the nfl

I saw him in a mock to the Colts and had to look two or three times to see if it was serious.  I am not sure why any team would think he’s a first round talent.  I really hope the Colts don’t draft him.

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I saw him in a mock to the Colts and had to look two or three times to see if it was serious.  I am not sure why any team would think he’s a first round talent.  I really hope the Colts don’t draft him.

He's got very high upside but is very raw. I think it would benefit AR15 big time if he returns to school

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

He's got very high upside but is very raw. I think it would benefit AR15 big time if he returns to school

Yeah that’s not a first round pick right now.  This isn’t the NBA where you draft based on potential.  You draft guys in the first round to help you right now.  He’s not that.  I agree his best move would be to return to school and get better and maybe be a first rounder next year if he can develop some of that raw potential.

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I think Colts finish anywhere between 12 and 18

Most likely prospects for Colts around that range 

Will Levis

Peter Skoronski if he falls 

Paris Johnson Jr 

Joey Porter Jr 

Looking at the schedule no way colts don’t end up with a top ten pick .   Every team we play is a playoff team except Texans who play us tough .  The tie is the only thing separates us from the 9 th pick . 

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Looking at the schedule no way colts don’t end up with a top ten pick .   Every team we play is a playoff team except Texans who play us tough .

Yeah.. what a nice schedule.. Looking way ahead lets see what nonsense we have next year..

AFC North (yay another loss to the Steelers)

NFC South (they've have a turnaround year much like the NFC east we played this year)

NFC Random (my guess would be cardinals)

AFC East (probably the patriots)

AFC West (probably Raiders)

Looks tough next year too lol

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know.   I know.    You’ve been Quentin’s biggest fan since long before the Colts drafted him.   No one cheered louder than you when we did.   And no one has supported Ballard’s decision more than you.   It’s been inspiring to so many.   

:sarcasm:

Well, there is this Moose patrolling the forum who has been even more of a cheerleader for the idea.

Skoronski is considered a very good olineman.  But we need to tank to get him, other wise we'll just be in G purgatory for years.....

Trade down and try to acquire extra 2024 1sts while still getting help at OT, pass rush, and CB. I think Indy will be out of range for both Young and Stroud, and I’m not sold on either anyhow. So unless a stud like Will Anderson or Jalen Carter is there, get extra draft capital for 2024 where I view the QB draft class is better. 

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Trade down and try to acquire extra 2024 1sts while still getting help at OT, pass rush, and CB. I think Indy will be out of range for both Young and Stroud, and I’m not sold on either anyhow. So unless a stud like Will Anderson or Jalen Carter is there, get extra draft capital for 2024 where I view the QB draft class is better. 

Totally agree..this QB class is not very good.

9 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Lose out with the exception of the Texans game will see us firmly cemented with a top 5 pick..........

That would be great, but not quite sure that will happen.  At 14 now there are a bunch of pretty miserable teams between us and a top 5 pick.

8 minutes ago, gspdx said:

That would be great, but not quite sure that will happen.  At 14 now there are a bunch of pretty miserable teams between us and a top 5 pick.

The teams between us and a top 5 pick have some winnable games and or play each other (or Jags/Lions, Rams/Cardinals).  We have some very losable games coming up.  We really should be top 7 at worst and a few of the teams ahead of us won’t need a QB.  

1 minute ago, jblastick said:

The teams between us and a top 5 pick have some winnable games and or play each other (or Jags/Lions, Rams/Cardinals).  We have some very losable games coming up.  We really should be top 7 at worst and a few of the teams ahead of us won’t need a QB.  

Yes - if everything works out in our favor.  I certainly can see us moving up and I think top 10 is likely.  I don't see top 5 as very likely.  It is possible though.

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I hope it’s the media just not learning their lesson after the Malik Willis incident. Richardson had an awful season. I mean one of the worst seasons by a Florida QB in over a decade. Even Driskel was better. Heck even Feliepe Franks was slightly better. Richardson will get a GM fired.

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

The best would be just taking will Levi’s without having to trade down . If he is a bust we would be in the running for the 2024 1 st round pick .   Cut some fat by trying to trade some guys and rebuild . That will guarantee either Levi’s is good or we are a lock for a top 3 pick in 2024 .   

Ballard has to bite the bullet and use that precious draft capital to trade up for a QB.  Take a da** chance. Pittsburgh did, and now they’re set for the next 15 years.  If it doesn’t work, tough. You can’t win the lottery if you don’t buy a ticket.  

Young or Stroud.  Someone mobile.  Let them sit and watch Ryan for a season.  

12 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Anthony Richardson , we need someone we a lot of upside and elite athleticism 

Great potential, but sheeze the guy is innacurate which keeps him around 55% in college

The pro CBs will pick him apart

If we had a really good starting older QB, and some time to develop, Id say sure.......  we dont have that

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

The best would be just taking will Levi’s without having to trade down . If he is a bust we would be in the running for the 2024 1 st round pick .   Cut some fat by trying to trade some guys and rebuild . That will guarantee either Levi’s is good or we are a lock for a top 3 pick in 2024 .   

I think Detroit will be getting him

U have to look at the teams in front of  us who needs a qb. U also have to look at teams right behind us who will trade up. Houston , Detroit and Carolina are most likely locks for a qb. Atlanta will need one and I wouldn't count out Seattle. They have a very high pick because of Wilson. U don't get a free #3 that often. Plus I think Carrol would like to rub it in and pick their franchise qb courtesy of Wilson lol.Wild cards could be Tampa, Raiders, Washington and Giants. They are far done but also depends on how they finish. I could actually see the Colts finishing as high 3rd or 4th overall.

Archived