Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, Mahomes was graded low and as a project.

Mahomes wanted to go to Kansas City. He told the Chiefs to trade up for him and leapfrog the Saints.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He isn’t coming so get that out of your mind.

Tom Telesco already hired two coaches previously. GMs typically don’t get to hire a third. Chargers would do the three things required for landing Payton: trading away premium draft choices, paying Payton near the top of the coaching market and ceding significant personnel authority to him. That is not how the Chargers operate. But I could see Jim Irsay doing that.

https://theathletic.com/3935899/2022/11/28/nfl-coach-firings-hirings/?amp=1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought Miller scored on the 3rd down play when he reached and the ball was over the goalline but the Refs didn't see that way. I guess that is a good way to get Alabama in lmao 

Yeah I guess except he didn't have control because he fumbled it?

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah I guess except he didn't have control because he fumbled it?

He stretched out and was clearly over the goaline before he lost control, because it was TCU the REFS blew it off, had that been Alabama and had that been young, the REFS would have gave them a TD. I am used to the non sense though because the Colts get cheated a lot. Alabama and Ohio St will get in now, every one's fantasy Homer Drool GIF

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He stretched out and was clearly over the goaline before he lost control, because it was TCU the REFS blew it off, had that been Alabama and had that been young, the REFS would have gave them a TD. O am used to the non sense though because tehe Colts get cheated a lot. Alabama and Ohio St will get in now, every one's fantasy Homer Drool GIF

Maybe but I don't think it was clear enough to call it a bad call.  You have to remember the camera angle wasn't directly above the line of scrimmage. IMO it was too close to be certain either way.  

I didn't have a dog in the fight so it makes me no difference. 

8 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

The Rams still owe the Lions their first-round pick for 2023. With a 3-8 record, and Matthew Stafford basically shelved for the season on IR, the Rams’ pick is now looking like a top selection for Detroit where they can pick a successor to Goff without lifting a finger.

Yeah the Rams are going to pay for the super bowl but it was worth it to them. 

Detroit is going to fool around and have a pretty good team next season.  

It sounds like Max Duggan is gonna be this years Anthony Gordon on the forum. A player that everyone on the forum loves and overvalues talking about 2nd round pick and we may have to trade up for, then in the draft goes undrafted.

It also seems everyone is obsessed with moving Smith to RG like they were moving Nelson to LT. I don't get it personally because he has been very consistent at RT when the OL hasn't been consistent. So why fix what's not broken.

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He stretched out and was clearly over the goaline before he lost control, because it was TCU the REFS blew it off, had that been Alabama and had that been young, the REFS would have gave them a TD. I am used to the non sense though because the Colts get cheated a lot. Alabama and Ohio St will get in now, every one's fantasy Homer Drool GIF

Idk do you think Clemson could jump Alabama if they win today?

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

It sounds like Max Duggan is gonna be this years Anthony Gordon on the forum. A player that everyone on the forum loves and overvalues talking about 2nd round pick and we may have to trade up for, then in the draft goes undrafted.

It also seems everyone is obsessed with moving Smith to RG like they were moving Nelson to LT. I don't get it personally because he has been very consistent at RT when the OL hasn't been consistent. So why fix what's not broken.

Not me.  He won't amount to much in the pro's like Hooker or Stroud.  

No on Clemson or Alabama.  

Finding a franchise qb is "pot luck". What we do is we make our best guess, and then hope and pray. Sure, we run into the Peyton Mannings or the Andrew Lucks, but other than that... do we really know?

Tanner McKee from Stanford is my guess. I'm still a little confused on why Sam Ehlinger fell out of grace.

If the Colts lose tomorrow and the following results occur, we’ll move from 14 to 9.  These are all realistic:

Steelers over falcons

Packers over bears

Browns over Texans

Raiders over Chargers

If somehow the saints beat the bucs we move to 8.  5-11-1 should get us top 5.

1 hour ago, jblastick said:

If the Colts lose tomorrow and the following results occur, we’ll move from 14 to 9.  These are all realistic:

Steelers over falcons

Packers over bears

Browns over Texans

Raiders over Chargers

If somehow the saints beat the bucs we move to 8.  5-11-1 should get us top 5.

im definitely not going to root for us to lose.

but i won't be as bothered by a loss tomorrow as i normally would. 

still want us to win though. 

5 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Not me.  He won't amount to much in the pro's like Hooker or Stroud.  

No on Clemson or Alabama.  

I'm not high on Duggan either. I haven't seen much of him but so far he's not passing the eye test.. Maybe future evaluation will be different?

One guy that certainly was high on the eye test is.Caleb Williams, a #1 overall would be nice in 2024... First time I seen him was last night...WOW. He and a few WR's seemed to be the whole team. What a atrocious defense USC has! 

Things went well for Bama(what else is new, lol) with USC & TCU both losing. I wonder if that's enough to get them in? ....if it is at least we'll get to scout Bryce another game.

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Idk do you think Clemson could jump Alabama if they win today?

I have a weird feeling that the committee will now put Ohio St at 3 so they get a rematch with Michigan and Alabama at 4 so they can play Georgia. I was pulling for TCU, they have been a refreshing story all year. I am happy Michigan won. I like Harbaugh.

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a weird feeling that the committee will now put Ohio St at 3 so they get a rematch with Michigan and Alabama at 4 so they can play Georgia. I was pulling for TCU, they have been a refreshing story all year. I am happy Michigan won. I like Harbaugh.

Ideally I would like to see

1. Georgia

2. Michigan

3. Clemson

4. Ohio State

I would like the committee to reward teams that won their conference over teams that didn't get in or played. It always annoyed me that a conference loss could hurt you but a win doesn't seem to help much. Although I know this will not happen

49 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Ideally I would like to see

1. Georgia

2. Michigan

3. Clemson

4. Ohio State

I would like the committee to reward teams that won their conference over teams that didn't get in or played. It always annoyed me that a conference loss could hurt you but a win doesn't seem to help much. Although I know this will not happen

Yeah I think it will come down to, the question will be who would win on a neutral field? TCU  or/vs Alabama? Most would say Alabama. Ohio St has only 1 loss and that was to Michigan. 

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm not high on Duggan either. I haven't seen much of him but so far he's not passing the eye test.. Maybe future evaluation will be different?

One guy that certainly was high on the eye test is.Caleb Williams, a #1 overall would be nice in 2024... First time I seen him was last night...WOW. He and a few WR's seemed to be the whole team. What a atrocious defense USC has! 

Things went well for Bama(what else is new, lol) with USC & TCU both losing. I wonder if that's enough to get them in? ....if it is at least we'll get to scout Bryce another game.

We might have a shot at Williams.  I am not expecting 2023 to be a good one because I think we really need to retool the entire OL and roster.  

I also do not think the D will be this good next yr.  I think a lot of the guys who are playing well this year will be gone next yr.  

Zak Kefer and Cox said it best after the MNF game.  

“Story of the season,” Alie-Cox said after the Colts’ fourth loss decided by a score or less this season. “It’s like a movie that just keeps repeating.”

Keefer said, "It does because the Colts keep repeating the same mistakes. It’s who they are. For a team lacking a true identity all year, maybe they’ve finally found it: they’re good enough to make you think they’re something more than they really are."

10 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

im definitely not going to root for us to lose.

but i won't be as bothered by a loss tomorrow as i normally would. 

still want us to win though. 

I agree.  Not in my DNA to root for a loss but good to know that there’s somewhat of a positive for losing.  

22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wanted Saturday to suceed. But it’s clear this team is too far gone for that to happen so now I want the highest draft pick 

I don't think the win-loss record is the determining factor in Jeff being successful. Jeff is Irsay's eyes and ears to the locker room. 

Just saying. 

18 hours ago, lilolemoi said:

He told the Chiefs to trade up for him and leapfrog the Saints.

Yeah KC was close to home and he probably didnt want to be on a team with Drew Brees.  DB played 4 more seasons after PM was drafted. 

He was seen as a project too 

58 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wanted Saturday to suceed. But it’s clear this team is too far gone for that to happen so now I want the highest draft pick possible.

I don’t think Saturday will be the head coach next year. I think he’ll end up as an assistant coach or a position coach with another team. Especially if we lose the rest of our games which I believe is very likely.

36 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think the win-loss record is the determining factor in Jeff being successful. Jeff is Irsay's eyes and ears to the locker room. 

Just saying. 

My point wasn’t win loss record. It was just a my perspective because I like Saturday so wanted him to win these last 8 games. But now I am on to the higher draft pick because this year there isn’t any hope for Saturday to turn things around.

Archived