Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

how ?  colts are 9th in the draft right now .   saints are winning 10-3 now if they beat the bucs we are 8th  in the draft .  looking at next week some teams will win they play each other .  colts can easily come out of the bye week at 6  in the draft going to play the vikings who are elite this year .  the number 4 team is a half game in front of us  number 3 is 1 and a half games in front .    the bears have fields playing well this year they will easily trade back and are in the number 2 spot right now .   colts play nothing but playoff teams  the rest of the year besides houston who will play us tough .   we can easily lose every game and be at number 3 or 4 .      trading up a spot of two is not hard . if the 49ers can move up to number 3 from pick 12 to take a QB colts can move up too

what do you think happens that Texans game if colts lose next 3. Will then bench a bunch of players if losing that game means the 3 or 4 pick. 

Colts are in s good situation with Carolina as that division I’d do bad and still up for grabs so they should keep playing hard.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, J@son said:

dear god.  another jackhole using the phrase "free speech" with zero understanding of what it actually means.  

the right to free speech means that the government cannot punish you for what you say.  It has no bearing on private websites, private companies etc

"Free speech is the cornerstone of our democracy.

Although what you say can have consequences—like losing friends or a job—it gives Americans the right to express opinions without government censorship or control"

https://informationstation.org/video/freedom-of-speech-explained/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpk&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyracBhDoARIsACGFcS5ikqtT5Lt5LkAc4DXCbIQmdaWffQyKCvb9_VzvH-307VxvyXs8Wj0aAqrnEALw_wcB

Any privately owned website can prohibit discussion of certain topics.  they can prohibit profanity.  they can ban or suspend your account for violating such rules.  none of this has anything to do with your right to "Free speech".  If you still don't understand, please click the link above.

Not to mention that this is a unique website that is owned by the team and organization itself. They have the right to determine the rules on this forum as such. Those who want a lawless forum can check out Facebook or Reddit. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

what do you think happens that Texans game if colts lose next 3. Will then bench a bunch of players if losing that game means the 3 or 4 pick. 

Colts are in s good situation with Carolina as that division I’d do bad and still up for grabs so they should keep playing hard.

i would hope so but i dont think they will .  its to obvious and will cause an uproar .

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m super torn here. I want the Saints to win for draft position, but my fantasy game hinges on their defense. And of course Tampa is playing terrible, so their defense is feasting and now I’ll lose. Ugh. 

Bucs look really bad. They could move up in draft position too if they don’t win the division. 

Just playing Sam and saying he deserves a chance could be enough. I bet a lot of players wouldn’t mind so they don’t take a chance of a injury going into the offseason or FA.

sam might improve and make some throws .   matt ryan might be the best chance right now he is a turnover machine .  the way the line is playing he will fumble or throw a pick in many games along with over throwing 5 yard passes .

Bucs look really bad. They could move up in draft position too if they don’t win the division. 

yea but they are at 5 wins with some easy games left with brady they are at least getting to 7 wins .   that division being so bad will hep the colts because the panthers will be playing to win the division only one game back from the bucs.   panthers will fall past us in the draft with a win .     

we need cardinals panthers jags rams broncos to win more games

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

sam might improve and make some throws .   matt ryan might be the best chance right now he is a turnover machine .  the way the line is playing he will fumble or throw a pick in many games along with over throwing 5 yard passes .

My guess is Foles plays against Vikings after Saturdays presser today.

Just now, coming on strong said:

yea but they are at 5 wins with some easy games left with brady they are at least getting to 7 wins .   that division being so bad will hep the colts because the panthers will be playing to win the division only one game back from the bucs.   panthers will fall past us in the draft with a win .     

Do panthers and Bucs play each other?

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

he might be just as bad as ryan .   he couldnt even move the ball in preseason and has been horrible the last couple years .  there is a reason he was 3rd stringer under frank who loves him .     either way with all three of these QBs we are in a good spot to tank

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

This weekend will be interesting. I think there is a good chance cards and jags run a couple. Broncos are a lost cause.

he might be just as bad as ryan .   he couldnt even move the ball in preseason and has been horrible the last couple years .  there is a reason he was 3rd stringer under frank who loves him .     either way with all three of these QBs we are in a good spot to tank

One thing with Foles is he will stretch the field. Maybe he would be better at setting protections.

26 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

how ?  colts are 9th in the draft right now .   saints are winning 10-3 now if they beat the bucs we are 8th  in the draft .  looking at next week some teams will win they play each other .  colts can easily come out of the bye week at 6  in the draft going to play the vikings who are elite this year .  the number 4 team is a half game in front of us  number 3 is 1 and a half games in front .    the bears have fields playing well this year they will easily trade back and are in the number 2 spot right now .   colts play nothing but playoff teams  the rest of the year besides houston who will play us tough .   we can easily lose every game and be at number 3 or 4 .      trading up a spot of two is not hard . if the 49ers can move up to number 3 from pick 12 to take a QB colts can move up too

If we finish anything other than in the top three we will be competing with other teams who may have more capital than us to give.  Other teams can trade up too.  Just because we may start off two or so spots ahead of them doesn't mean they don't leap frog us.  

Its like that Herbert trade up scenario that some think we missed on.  As if the only thing Ballard had to do was to want to trade up from 13 to 3, thinking that LAC or MIA was just going to stand there. 

That somehow we are the only team that ever wants the QB and are the only team that ever thinks to trade up for him.  LOL.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do panthers and Bucs play each other?

yes .   the panthers also play the seahawks next week who almost lost to the rams with a backup QB .  even though the seahawks have a decent record they are like the colts in 2019   they are worse than their record barely beating teams .   

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl  

here is the list of the draft order if you click on any team it shows their remaining schedule . 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If we finish anything other than in the top three we will be competing with other teams who may have more capital than us to give.  Other teams can trade up too.  Just because we may start off two or so spots ahead of them doesn't mean they don't leap frog us.  

Its like that Herbert trade up scenario that some think we missed on.  As if the only thing Ballard had to do was to want to trade up from 13 to 3, thinking that LAC or MIA was just going to stand there. 

That somehow we are the only team that ever wants the QB and are the only team that ever thinks to trade up for him.  LOL.

moving up two spots will be easier than other teams moving up .   it can be done if ballard wants it .

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

yes .   the panthers also play the seahawks next week who almost lost to the rams with a backup QB .  even though the seahawks have a decent record they are like the colts in 2019   they are worse than their record barely beating teams .   

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl  

here is the list of the draft order if you click on any team it shows their remaining schedule . 

Saints are goinf to play in this too if they hang on tonight. Next two weeks after the Vikings we should be really high. After this weekend and a loss the following week against Vikings.  Chargers trying to make playoffs so they won’t lay down.

i have a bad feeling ballard will trade back get a tackle and take richardson in the second .   its such a ballard move

Or hooker lol. He can’t be the GM once this season ends. If so Irsay must force the QB. I don’t know what coach your going to get with a lame duck GM. So it’s best he is gone.

the lions have that pick but i am hoping they win a couple games and make a playoff push so they wont take a QB with the pick since goff is still young .   they have won 4 of the last 5games

Yeah but if rams can pull off a couple more games maybe that  moves that Detroit pick lower. I really don’t think Detroit is taking a QB. Goff has looked so good.

wilson screwed us if he hit that wide open wr on the last play we would be a top 3 pick already

Or Chris Jones in that KC game.

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

moving up two spots will be easier than other teams moving up .   it can be done if ballard wants it .

Why does Ballard get it done and not the other GM who also wants it?   

I haven't seen how many other teams near the top of the draft have two first round picks this year...in addition to all of the picks we have in the future.  I think there are quite a few bad teams with two first rounders.

Yeah but if rams can pull off a couple more games maybe that  moves that Detroit pick lower. I really don’t think Detroit is taking a QB. Goff has looked so good.

they play the broncos so one of them has to win .  if the rams can beat the seahawks next week and the broncos we are in great shape can be top 3 .

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I haven't seen how many other teams near the top of the draft have two first round picks this year...in addition to all of the picks we have in the future.  I think there are quite a few bad teams with two first rounders.

the lions are the only team i can think of  and the seahawks .   i am hoping the lions keep winning because goff is still young and has looked good this year .   they won 4 out of 5 and if they keep winning they might not want to take a QB .  

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Because teams are more likely to move down one or two spots then 8. 

I think Ballard is pretty good when it comes to draft day trades.  He traded up to get JT.  Same with Cross but that one is still out.  I am sure there are more but I can’t remember all of them.  He trades back more than up but I really can’t think of a bad one.  I believe his success rate is quite high.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Saints about to blow this game.

that is the colts lock cant win games to make the playoffs but will win a couple and blow the chance to get a good QB .  blow the team up and trade every one and get a QB  .   roster dont matter without a QB  bottom line . i rather trade as many guys for picks to get that QB .  if the colts go into next year without a top pick there is zero point cant win without a franchise guy this isnt the early 2000s anymore .   in the last ten years only one non frachise QB won a super bowl nick foles and he dropped 400 yards in the super bowl

that is the colts lock cant win games to make the playoffs but will win a couple and blow the chance to get a good QB .  blow the team up and trade every one and get a QB  .   roster dont matter without a QB  bottom line . i rather trade as many guys for picks to get that QB .  if the colts go into next year without a top pick there is zero point cant win without a franchise guy this isnt the early 2000s anymore .   in the last ten years only one non frachise QB won a super bowl nick foles and he dropped 400 yards in the super bowl

Saints will be taking a QB so this sucks.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Saints will be taking a QB so this sucks.

its  to hard to win a superbowl without a franchise QB  going back to 2003 going on 20 years only one team without one one a super bowl .    the 49ers with their elite defense will never get over the hump either and end up rebuilding in the long run unless trey lance works out    i rather just rebuild and have a chance at a top pick than build the roster back up .   the nfl killed defenses with these rules and made it so you have to have one now .

Archived