Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

HOU, CAR, DET will probably draft QB.  Bears probably want Will Anderson, EDGE 'Bama.  They may not want to drop past 4, since every team in the NFL would want a stud pass rusher.

Don’t be so sure about Detroit. Goff has looked really good. They need defense.  They are scoring a lot of points.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seattle I think is one of those teams that has a decent QB and might go in a different direction. I am shocked at how many bad teams there are. Especially ones that already have their franchise guy.

The combine and pro days will shake things up but as they are going now I think Levis is going to slip and if that happens there is a very good chance he lands with the Colts.  I want to be excited about Levis but I would have liked to see him make others better around him in college.  He kinda reminds me of Love when everyone said well all his players left.  Sure they did but you should elevate players around you more than Love or Levis has IMO to be completely comfortable going he’s our guy but then again the Colts are reaching the point of beggers can’t be choosers.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

The combine and pro days will shake things up but as they are going now I think Levis is going to slip and if that happens there is a very good chance he lands with the Colts.  I want to be excited about Levis but I would have liked to see him make others better around him in college.  He kinda reminds me of Love when everyone said well all his players left.  Sure they did but you should elevate players around you more than Love or Levis has IMO to be completely comfortable going he’s our guy but then again the Colts are reaching the point of beggers can’t be choosers.  

I am seeing a lot that Levis may go number one. Don’t be so sure about that. Levis will probably go up draft boards after interviews and the combine. Everything I have been reading he is tough as nails. He is mature. He is a hard worker. He has a huge drive to suceed.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Don’t be so sure about Detroit. Goff has looked really good. They need defense.  They are scoring a lot of points.

Then I doubt that CHI trades behind DET and will want to face Will Anderson in the division.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Detroit just took a DE last season. But maybe.  I think Detroit is going to try and trade down to get more defensive picks. They need defensive backs.  

Young, Stroud, and Levis will probably go 1-2-3.  We won't know what teams will be landing on those picks.  I think its tough for us to get up there.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Young, Stroud, and Levis will probably go 1-2-3.  We won't know what teams will be landing on those picks.  I think its tough for us to get up there.

We always try and predict quarterback but it rarely goes exactly as we think. We just have to let things play out and see where everyone shakes out.  The combine and interviews can change a ton of thinking. 

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am seeing a lot that Levis may go number one. Don’t be so sure about that. Levis will probably go up draft boards after interviews and the combine. Everything I have been reading he is tough as nails. He is mature. He is a hard worker. He has a huge drive to suceed.

That’s what I mean when I say the combine and pro days will change things.  Right now he’s the one slipping though.  Still that can change.   Personally I hope some how young slips.  He’s probably my favorite of the big three QBs in this draft.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

That’s what I mean when I say the combine and pro days will change things.  Right now he’s the one slipping though.  Still that can change.   Personally I hope some how young slips.  He’s probably my favorite of the big three QBs in this draft.  

I think if one of them does slip it will be young because of his size. 

23 minutes ago, KB said:

If Will Anderson is there when we pick, do you pick him?

He won’t get past the Bears who are currently picking number two.  if he does he doesn’t get out of the top five so the Colts would have to move up more for it to become an issue.  What could be interesting is if one of the big three QBs is there but so are both of the top LTs do you take one of the LTs knowing you can get someone like Hooker in the second or trade back a few spots and take whichever of those three is still there?

We need to be top 10 for draft position hopefully in the 6-8 range, but more importantly we need the bears or another team that has a QB to have the second overall, that way we can trade up and not have to mortgage to much of the future to get the QB we want.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

We need to be top 10 for draft position hopefully in the 6-8 range, but more importantly we need the bears or another team that has a QB to have the second overall, that way we can trade up and not have to mortgage to much of the future to get the QB we want.

I am not sure the bears will trade out.  I think they are looking at Will Anderson and licking their chops.

6 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

We need to get ahead of Carolina. Because when we try and trade up first thing that will happen is they are calling a team like Carolina to see if they want to move up. That way the trading down team isn’t moving down to much. If we can get ahead of panthers I think we have a good shot at a QB.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not sure the bears will trade out.  I think they are looking at Will Anderson and licking their chops.

True but they have a lot of needs (especially on offense) and they need IDL more than DE , so they may want to trade back and still get a WR like Jordan Addison, an IDL like Breese/Carter, or the top OT. Conservatively their will be two QBs taken in the top 5, so they will still be able to fill a hole with a premium player and gain draft picks

We need to get ahead of Carolina. Because when we try and trade up first thing that will happen is they are calling a team like Carolina to see if they want to move up. That way the trading down team isn’t moving down to much. If we can get ahead of panthers I think we have a good shot at a QB.

That would help alot but I could see the Panthers win 1 more game but I also see us definitely winning the Texans game. So we will have to pay more for the move above them but it has to be done. You also just gotta hope that Ballards ties/relationship to the Bears will help with the trade. He's worked with Ryan Poles in KC and gave Eberflus his DC job. If the trade offers are similar you just gotta hope they go with a guy they have a good working relationship with.

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Bears will draft Jalen Carter! Eberflus will be jumping for joy when they do too!

They could go with him too.  Either way I don’t see themselves moving out of position to land him or Anderson.  If they move back to 8 or 9 they probably would so I think the Colts would have to get in the top five if not the top four to make the Bears consider a trade.

21 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

That would help alot but I could see the Panthers win 1 more game but I also see us definitely winning the Texans game. So we will have to pay more for the move above them but it has to be done. You also just gotta hope that Ballards ties/relationship to the Bears will help with the trade. He's worked with Ryan Poles in KC and gave Eberflus his DC job. If the trade offers are similar you just gotta hope they go with a guy they have a good working relationship with.

I done think paying more will do it if there is a player the trading down team wants a slot or two later. It’s all going to depend on how high we end up so a trading down team doesn’t have to move down much. Eagles, Bears, Seahawks could all be trade down possibilities. Bears need a DE.

I done think paying more will do it if there is a player the trading down team wants a slot or two later. It’s all going to depend on how high we end up so a trading down team doesn’t have to move down much. Eagles, Bears, Seahawks could all be trade down possibilities. Bears need a DE.

They also need a WR because Fields doesn't have a number 1 WR or a number 2 WR, interior DL, and OL. Honestly if I was them I would go the route the Bengals did and draft the WR Addison. Which would make a huge difference for their offense because Fields won't have to scramble as much.

21 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I highly doubt Colts trade up at all! If anything they should trade down to see if they can net a 2024 1st!

No more putting off QB. Enough 

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

They also need a WR because Fields doesn't have a number 1 WR or a number 2 WR, interior DL, and OL. Honestly if I was them I would go the route the Bengals did and draft the WR Addison. Which would make a huge difference for their offense because Fields won't have to scramble as much.

I would give up Buckner or Grover to get yo to two.

On 11/28/2022 at 11:50 PM, DougDew said:

Perfect starting point to trade up and take a G.  He'll be generational and will fix the oline immediately.

I regret that I only have but one emoji to give LOL That deserves the champion chalice and the LOL 

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No more putting off QB. Enough 

I would give up Buckner or Grover to get yo to two.

That would be tough, for that to happen the Colts would have to make that trade early in the offseason because they would have to add a starter from Free Agency not mention adding a depth player as well. Although it would workout great when it comes to the cap because it would save us 19.75 Million on the Cap which would give them the money to sign a replacement and probably T. Lewis. 

So if they are able to replace a first rounder for Buckner, because Eberflus wants him that I think works out for both teams.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

That would be tough, for that to happen the Colts would have to make that trade early in the offseason because they would have to add a starter from Free Agency not mention adding a depth player as well. Although it would workout great when it comes to the cap because it would save us 19.75 Million on the Cap which would give them the money to sign a replacement and probably T. Lewis. 

So if they are able to replace a first rounder for Buckner, because Eberflus wants him that I think works out for both teams.

At that point your in a rebuild mode with a young QB. So it wouldn’t matter if they were replaced right away.

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

BTW,  for those of you who like WalterFootball, and I don't mind him, his mock has us taking Tanner McKee with pick 14.   Young, Stroud, and Levis are off the board.

As a Stanford guy, I don’t want McKee in the first or second round.   Maybe in the third.   Maybe.  

FWIW,  I like Davis Mills MUCH more. 

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

At that point your in a rebuild mode with a young QB. So it wouldn’t matter if they were replaced right away.

I wouldn't call it a rebuild, honestly just don't care for the term rebuild because it's not a roster that is void of talent like the post grigson team where we had a crazy amount of roster turnover. Resign our own add a RG, DT (if you trade Buckner in the move up for a QB) QB. Then just a couple depth players and we are looking good. 

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

how ?  colts are 9th in the draft right now .   saints are winning 10-3 now if they beat the bucs we are 8th  in the draft .  looking at next week some teams will win they play each other .  colts can easily come out of the bye week at 6  in the draft going to play the vikings who are elite this year .  the number 4 team is a half game in front of us  number 3 is 1 and a half games in front .    the bears have fields playing well this year they will easily trade back and are in the number 2 spot right now .   colts play nothing but playoff teams  the rest of the year besides houston who will play us tough .   we can easily lose every game and be at number 3 or 4 .      trading up a spot of two is not hard . if the 49ers can move up to number 3 from pick 12 to take a QB colts can move up too

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ah censoring free speech are we lol??

dear god.  another jackhole using the phrase "free speech" with zero understanding of what it actually means.  

the right to free speech means that the government cannot punish you for what you say.  It has no bearing on private websites, private companies etc

"Free speech is the cornerstone of our democracy.

Although what you say can have consequences—like losing friends or a job—it gives Americans the right to express opinions without government censorship or control"

https://informationstation.org/video/freedom-of-speech-explained/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpk&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyracBhDoARIsACGFcS5ikqtT5Lt5LkAc4DXCbIQmdaWffQyKCvb9_VzvH-307VxvyXs8Wj0aAqrnEALw_wcB

Any privately owned website can prohibit discussion of certain topics.  they can prohibit profanity.  they can ban or suspend your account for violating such rules.  none of this has anything to do with your right to "Free speech".  If you still don't understand, please click the link above.

Archived