Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Levis measurables, I like his arm strength, his mobility, his competitive streak, and the fact that he's in a NFL offense already, but I don't think he's a better player than CJ Stroud.  Everybody has their own opinions though.   I will be fine getting either one of the 2 to be honest.  Will clap for either pick!

35 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Why would they do that?   They need a QB.   Geno is ok as a transitional QB but he is not their future 

Because i think Seattle will see it as a chance to load up. Geno with a couple better weapons has already shown he can play. I think they trade back, rearm into 2024. Especially if Geno leads them on a playoff run

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I like Levis measurables, I like his arm strength, his mobility, his competitive streak, and the fact that he's in a NFL offense already, but I don't think he's a better player than CJ Stroud.  Everybody has their own opinions though.   I will be fine getting either one of the 2 to be honest.  Will clap for either pick!

To me both of them have question marks that makes me lean more to them both being busts more than long term franchise QBs

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I actually think Levis is the best quarterback prospect in the draft.  So if we draft him I’m elated.

If we draft him I sure hope you are right. I think he has some issues processing the field and is not all that accurate. There is a lot of evaluation ahead for these quarterbacks - Pro Day, Interviews, Combine, Team Visits…etc. so I guess we will see how this shakes out.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Because i think Seattle will see it as a chance to load up. Geno with a couple better weapons has already shown he can play. I think they trade back, rearm into 2024. Especially if Geno leads them on a playoff run

To me both of them have question marks that makes me lean more to them both being busts more than long term franchise QBs

Again we all have our opinions.  My opinion again in case you like the little man from Alabama is I doubt Ballard goes that route and I haven't seen much of anything that comes out of Alabama at QB that ever turns in to anything.  We all can make the potential bust claims about this or that when we prefer another prospect. 

20 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

So because Allen turned it around that means Levis will too? It doesn't just work like that. If we take Levis and he craps the bed, I don't want to read a single post of "yeah, well I guess maybe we should have done what it took to get Stroud or Young."

Then what if we trade up for Young or Stroud and they crap the bed AND we gave up next year's draft picks to take them?

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Again we all have our opinions.  My opinion again in case you like the little man from Alabama is I doubt Ballard goes that route and I haven't seen much of anything that comes out of Alabama at QB that ever turns in to anything.  We all can make the potential bust claims about this or that when we prefer another prospect. 

If we trade up to take young we need to draft another qb incase he gets hurt

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Agree. If Ballard is in the seat I do not see him selecting an undersized QB.

I want to stay put, keep all of our picks this year and next, as far as drafting our QB. I'd take Levis...and if he is an obvious bust, we still have plenty of picks next year in a better QB draft.

I'd also trade Leonard and Taylor if we can get good picks from them...draft BiJan Robinson and have a cheap RB for 4-5 years instead of giving Taylor a massive contract in a year or two. Love Taylor but think Robinson will be a stud and also don't like paying huge money to a RB

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

I’m not and will not ever be a fan of Saban’s QBs.

Honestly. I don’t like any of the QBs billed as 1st rounders. I just don’t have a good feeling about them. Not sure why, just a gut feeling. 

that said, I still think we need to swing for a QB in rounds 1 or 2. If we go QB in round one, I’d like to see us get the best WR deep threat available at 36.  

but if there is a stud WR , like a super star worthy of a top 5 pick, I’d almost rather see us take him or the LT from northwestern and grab QB at 36. 

19 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

WTH does that have to do with swagger?   Swagger is a dumb word

If you don't understand what it actually means, how can you say it's a dumb word? With that being said, I haven't said swagger in almost 20 years.

Swagger = How one presents him or her self to the world. Swagger is shown from how the person handles a situation. It can also be shown in the person's walk and actions. Basically not being a stagnant, 6 yard pass on average offense.

20 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

If you don't understand what it actually means, how can you say it's a dumb word? With that being said, I haven't said swagger in almost 20 years.

Swagger = How one presents him or her self to the world. Swagger is shown from how the person handles a situation. It can also be shown in the person's walk and actions. Basically not being a stagnant, 6 yard pass on average offense.

I know what it means.   And it make no sense using it in the context it was used.   It has nothing to do with not being stagnant BTW.  

Only way I can see us going Young with Ballard as the GM is if we have Sean Peyton as the coach and he thinks Young is a lot like Drew Brees.  I don't think he's wearing that #9 for no reason.  He probably wants to be like Drew I bet.

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

Too bad Luck and Manning aren’t available.  But we need to go for broke if either of the top guys is thought to be worth it. Yet, we don’t want to repeat the Jets mistake when we traded back so they could draft an expensive flop qb at #3.

If Luck or Manning were available the Bears wouldn’t be taking offers for their pick they would be running to the podium to take either one of those guys.

After we get our QB, if one of the WRs like Quenton Johnson or Jordan Addison, start to fall we should trade up for them. Our WR core lacks explosiveness and I’m not sold on Pittman as a number 1.

Also hoping to create draft capital by trading some players.

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived