Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Why would they do that?   They need a QB.   Geno is ok as a transitional QB but he is not their future 

the pete carroll way is through defense and running the ball .  i think they do take a QB but its a project QB like richardson to sit behind smith .   i think the seahawks went 9-8   this year  if they can take a generational defensive player and another good player with their second first they would be better .    

If the colts are really sold on young/stroud I think they should trade to that #1 spot if the bears are willing to make a deal. This way you get who you really want and take a swing. Otherwise if they are happy with one of those two guys I think they just sit where they are. 

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

If the colts are really sold on young/stroud I think they should trade to that #1 spot if the bears are willing to make a deal. This way you get who you really want and take a swing. Otherwise if they are happy with one of those two guys I think they just sit where they are. 

i would be fine taking levis at 4 .  as long as they get someone  at QB , if ballard passes on a QB irsay will throw him out head first

3 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

What’s it going to take to get to #1 in the draft. Would next years 1st and maybe a 2nd.

Too bad Luck and Manning aren’t available.  But we need to go for broke if either of the top guys is thought to be worth it. Yet, we don’t want to repeat the Jets mistake when we traded back so they could draft an expensive flop qb at #3.

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

to get stroud or young you have to trade up and give up a 1st .   so lets say the colts do this and end up bad again next year and miss out on a  much better QB prospect because they have no 1st round pick .    that is the risk of trading up  you can take levis and if he is a bust you have a chance to get the number 1 pick next year when you have so much more talent at QB coming out . 

that is why i am on the fence about trading up right now .

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i would be fine taking levis at 4 .  as long as they get someone  at QB , if ballard passes on a QB irsay will throw him out head first

I would hope that after these last few years that Irsay has already delivered the edict  that QB is the only option at that high of a pick. 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

people dont get you cant just look at stats when drafting a QB you need the whole picture .   josh allen fell off his last year in college just like levis .  16 touchdowns 6 picks his last year that is why he fell to 10 .   he was talented but not lighting it up in stats .    levis is 19 touchdowns 10 picks   he has crazy arm talent though .

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

to get stroud or young you have to trade up and give up a 1st .   so lets say the colts do this and end up bad again next year and miss out on a  much better QB prospect because they have no 1st round pick .    that is the risk of trading up  you can take levis and if he is a bust you have a chance to get the number 1 pick next year when you have so much more talent at QB coming out . 

I don’t think colts are taking another QB a year after drafting one in the top 5.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't see us getting Young at all.  Not with Ballard making the pick because he's going to go with 

the guy that has the measurables that he likes. I can't see him picking a 6ft 190lb QB

levis fits ballards mold so well ......  huge measurables great work ethic and character plus ballard wouldnt have to trade up for him .  i dont know if ballard views young or stroud high enough to start dealing out future number 1s when our team needs draft picks to fix the holes on the team . 

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

people dont get you cant just look at stats when drafting a QB you need the whole picture .   josh allen fell off his last year in college just like levis .  16 touchdowns 6 picks his last year that is why he fell to 10 .   he was talented but not lighting it up in stats .    levis is 19 touchdowns 10 picks   he has crazy arm talent though .

So because Allen turned it around that means Levis will too? It doesn't just work like that. If we take Levis and he craps the bed, I don't want to read a single post of "yeah, well I guess maybe we should have done what it took to get Stroud or Young."

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Good points, but there is no guarantee the Colts would give up on the “Bad “ QB pick after only one year with the organization, and draft another Qb soon or we remain outside the top 10 of the draft- slippery slope fore sure.
I would hope that if the team comes to the conclusion that one of these quarterbacks is a true franchise QB that they sell out to get him.

It is the best  way to start to dig themselves out of the current mess.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

stroud scares me a bit he is on a elite offense and when i watch his highlights a lot of his throws are first reads into wide open lanes .  i doubt he is even considered top 5 if he was on a kentuky or another team with average talent

I mean how many top 5 picks are on bad offenses?

2 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Good points, but there is no guarantee the Colts would give up on the “Bad “ QB pick after only one year with the organization, and draft another Qb soon or we remain outside the top 10 of the draft- slippery slope fore sure.
I would hope that if the team comes to the conclusion that one of these quarterbacks is a true franchise QB that they sell out to get him.

It is the best  way to start to dig themselves out of the current mess.

Levis would atleast make the offense exciting. I mean would you rather pick richardson at 4

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

So because Allen turned it around that means Levis will too? It doesn't just work like that. If we take Levis and he craps the bed, I don't want to read a single post of "yeah, well I guess maybe we should have done what it took to get Stroud or Young."

the truth is we dont know its all guessing i am using allen to suggest just stats dont tell the whole story .  how many air raid QBs put up massive stats and went to the nfl to fail ?   to get stroud of young you might have to trade away next years first and more and that will gut this team if we get another top 5 pick and dont get to use it next year because we traded it away . 

its all risks but staying put and taking a QB is the best for the future because then if the QB fails we get another top pick next year when the prospect are even better .

if the colts had the number 1 pick without a doubt i would want them to take young but we dont and need to trade up .  so ballard needs to make sure if we do trade up its the right guy or we are set back and have no chance of doing anything for two to 3 years .  we would have be in the broncos situation watching the team tank without the pick in the draft .

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

levis fits ballards mold so well ......  huge measurables great work ethic and character plus ballard wouldnt have to trade up for him .  i dont know if ballard views young or stroud high enough to start dealing out future number 1s when our team needs draft picks to fix the holes on the team . 

I actually think Levis is the best quarterback prospect in the draft.  So if we draft him I’m elated.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Levis would atleast make the offense exciting. I mean would you rather pick richardson at 4

No. Richardson full of potential, but a complete gamble. I don’t think you roll the dice with that high of a pick. They all have question marks, but Richardson is a total projection based on Physical traits and potential in my opinion.

I think some team will take an early shot on him; and I hope it is not the Colts.

Archived