Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

And which QB should Colts get then or want a year of Sam?

I know we need a QB but I’m not very comfortable on spending a top 5 pick and really not comfortable sending the Bears a future 1st rounder for a QB that may be a bust.Good chance our 1st round pick will be top 10 next year no matter what happens in this draft.I don’t think the Colts are in the position to be giving up any high draft picks for the next few years.

Just now, Coltsbluefan said:

I know we need a QB but I’m not very comfortable on spending a top 5 pick and really not comfortable sending the Bears a future 1st rounder for a QB that may be a bust.Good chance our 1st round pick will be top 10 next year no matter what happens in this draft.I don’t think the Colts are in the position to be giving up any high draft picks for the next few years.

When would you be comfy. If we did this we would never take a QB. Every QB is a risk.

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Watch Ballard trade back to 10 and draft Anthony Richardson. :D 

Haha. That’s what he was rooting for…that extra 100-200 in draft trade chart points. That’s a third round pick!

I think they are trading up. Ballard’s got that CHI connection is going call in a favor with Poles, so it won’t be especially painful.

Need to get up to 4 so CHI can still get Anderson or Carter.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

When would you be comfy. If we did this we would never take a QB. Every QB is a risk.

I don’t agree in trading up and giving up draft picks,but I have a bad feeling Ballard will trade up and give up a kings ransom to do so to get a QB..But if we give up any 1st round picks to do so we will be getting fleeced big time and Ballard should be fired immediately.Why not just wait until the 2nd round and take Hooker;I personally don’t think hes that much worse than the QBs expected to go top 5.

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

Haha. That’s what he was rooting for…that extra 100-200 in draft trade chart points. That’s a third round pick!

I think they are trading up. Ballard’s got that CHI connection is going call in a favor with Poles, so it won’t be especially painful.

Need to get up to 4 so CHI can still get Anderson or Carter.

What if Ballard is gone?   So much for the connection.

Just now, Coltsbluefan said:

I don’t agree in trading up and giving up draft picks,but I have a bad feeling Ballard will trade up and give up a kings ransom to do so to get a QB..But if we give up any 1st round picks to do so we will be getting fleeced big time and Ballard should be fired immediately.Why not just wait until the 2nd round and take Hooker;I personally don’t think hes that much worse than the QBs expected to go top 5.

But he is.

2 minutes ago, Coltsbluefan said:

I have a feeling Ballard is not the GM after tomorrow.

14-10 chargers

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Another reason to trade up with bears is to protect yourself from Seahawks in case they decide to take QB. If you don’t then Texans and Seahawks could take a QB. 

I could see the bears not wanting to lose out on Carter or the DE.  I could also see them trading down with Houston then trading down again with us or someone else that is qb needy 

3 minutes ago, Coltsbluefan said:

I agree with your thoughts. I do not see Ballard giving up a Ransome for moving up unless he thinks one of the Qbs is his guy. If you think your franchise Qb is there you pull the trigger if you can move up you go get your guy. You don't do it just to be drafting a position of need. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The way Geno smith is playing today I wouldn’t trust Seattle not taking a QB.

Meh. They already know GB is winning tonight.

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Seahawks will get QB at 4 as Smith is 32. 5 not looking so good for us to get QB.

That’s why they will trade up.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The way Geno smith is playing today I wouldn’t trust Seattle not taking a QB.

I could see them franchising him just to make sure this season wasn’t a fluke before giving him a big contract.  So I think them drafting a quarterback is definitely a possibility.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I could see them franchising him just to make sure this season wasn’t a fluke before giving him a big contract.  So I think them drafting a quarterback is definitely a possibility.

Bears can easily get Texans 2 and 12 as Seattle has 3 and 20? These 2teams will get Young and CJ perhaps?

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Both Bosa and Mike Williams have already got hurt.

Really. Boss just got back off IR. It’s all tied hopefully they pull starters at halftime.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You think this even though Irsay has said multiple times that Ballard will be the GM next year….

I don’t care what Irsay says. He also said Reich was safe multiple times.

Archived