Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe them.   You don’t.   I think there’s far more proof on my side if the ledger than yours.   

So we agree to disagree. 

First, the big thing is I don't share my opinion on this as if it's fact.  Statements like:

"Irsay ordered Wentz to be traded. 

Irsay ordered Ryan to be benched and replaced by Sam. 

Irsay hired Saturday over the objection of Ballard and the team President. "

are very definitive.  Statements such as those above should be easy to proove. If they cannot be easily proven, then they are speculation or conjecture.  

Questions though...you believe "them".  Who is "them"?  Once we figure out who "them" is I'd be curious to see the "far more proof" that is available to accredit "them".

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I dont know

Buckner is playing his best football this year

I want to keep him

he is aging though   if we are starting a rookie it could take 2 to 3 years for him to be ready to compete  .     if we can flip buckner for a 1st or 2 and free up money it might be worth it .    you dont wanna have to rebuild when your franchise QB is in year 3  which is what would happen if we keep our stars .  they are all pushing late 20s  now we would have to rebuild the core any way in a couple years  .  better to do it now then having to rebuild when your QB is finally ready to win a championship

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

he is aging though   if we are starting a rookie it could take 2 to 3 years for him to be ready to compete  .     if we can flip buckner for a 1st or 2 and free up money it might be worth it .    you dont wanna have to rebuild when your franchise QB is in year 3  which is what would happen if we keep our stars .  they are all pushing late 20s  now we would have to rebuild the core any way in a couple years  .  better to do it now then having to rebuild when your QB is finally ready to win a championship

With all due respect, no.  Gutting your team is never a good idea.  

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

Noticed something weird about the Colts and Texans betting line this week

Colts are favored by 2 in the spread but the win % is 70 for them and 30 for us.  

Its not super uncommon for the spread and win % to disagree by a couple percent but this is a lot.

Are you seeing that on the ESPN ticker at the bottom of your TV screen ? If so , I believe the "win %" is just something from ESPN. If you look at the betting line , the Colts are 2 to 2.5 favorites while the money line is Colts minus $150 and Houston plus $130. So what I'm trying to say is where you actually can place a bet , the Colts are favored to win the game. 

3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Are you seeing that on the ESPN ticker at the bottom of your TV screen ? If so , I believe the "win %" is just something from ESPN. If you look at the betting line , the Colts are 2 to 2.5 favorites while the money line is Colts minus $150 and Houston plus $130. So what I'm trying to say is where you actually can place a bet , the Colts are favored to win the game. 

Yes that was from ESPN.  I looked at some others to see what they were saying and found different numbers at different sites.  Espn also had the colts favored by 2 but a 70% chance to lose which is weird of them.

I think gambling sites dont usually give a win % but I looked at some other non gambling sites that do this and they have the colts at 55% to win.

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

There are quite a few that enjoy her posts. What's the harm? If they bother you,don't read them. Skip right over them. If the forum members can only engage in conversations that you like and approve of, it would be quite boring to be honest.

It's awesome when people hop into the middle of something and immediately demonstrate that they have no clue what they're talking about. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Would you guys trade Johnathon Taylor for the Bears #2 pick? That would give Fields a great RB and that would give us the #2 and #5 picks in the draft. We could draft the QB we want and the best WR in the draft as well. We can always go RB by committee as far as the running game. 

Who do you think is the best WR?

I like Marvin jr. But I don't think McShay had him in his top ten mock and had two other receivers instead. Maybe I seen it wrong? ... but I like what I've seem from Marvin jr.

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Who do you think is the best WR?

I like Marvin jr. But I don't think McShay had him in his top ten mock and had two other receivers instead. Maybe I seen it wrong? ... but I like what I've seem from Marvin jr.

He is not in this year's draft.  He is not eligible till the 2024 draft.

My prediction for the Colts 2023 Offense

QB Will Levis

RB Jonathan Taylor 

WR Michael Pittman Jr 

WR Alec Pierce 

WR Parris Campbell 

TE Jelani Woods

LT Bernhard Raimann 

LG Quenton Nelson 

OC Ryan Kelly

RG John Michael Schmitz 

RT Braden Smith 

2 hours ago, J@son said:

First, the big thing is I don't share my opinion on this as if it's fact.  Statements like:

"Irsay ordered Wentz to be traded. 

Irsay ordered Ryan to be benched and replaced by Sam. 

Irsay hired Saturday over the objection of Ballard and the team President. "

are very definitive.  Statements such as those above should be easy to proove. If they cannot be easily proven, then they are speculation or conjecture.  

Questions though...you believe "them".  Who is "them"?  Once we figure out who "them" is I'd be curious to see the "far more proof" that is available to accredit "them".

The numerous stories that have been written by local media. 

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

QB Will Levis

RB Jonathan Taylor 

WR Michael Pittman Jr 

WR Alec Pierce 

WR Parris Campbell 

TE Jelani Woods

LT Bernhard Raimann 

LG Quenton Nelson 

OC Ryan Kelly

RG John Michael Schmitz 

RT Braden Smith 

No to Levis….. If I had a choice of him or a STUD edge and Richardson then give me the latter. 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Sweet Ravens losing would potentially help Colts granted they lose too

I just think Lovie Smith has lots of experience in knowing how the game flows and what Texans need to do to make suitable adjustments to lose the game. 

Texans definitely wouldn't want to lose the #1 overall draft pick. 

16 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I just think Lovie Smith has lots of experience in knowing how the game flows and what Texans need to do to make suitable adjustments to lose the game. 

Texans definitely wouldn't want to lose the #1 overall draft pick. 

Lovie has said before it doesn't matter to them if they are 1 or 2

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Lovie has said before it doesn't matter to them if they are 1 or 2

That's the experience talking, convincing the world very well. That's what experienced coaches do very well. 

In reality, they need the best QB in the draft they like, and they're the only team who are in position to get whoever they like the best. Would they actually want to give up that leverage for winning one meaningless game now? Lovie would like to keep his job for longer than next year in the name of getting their franchise QB in this draft, if their selection works out. 

They gave tough fight to Cowboys and Chiefs, but relented from what they were doing well on defense in the last quarter. I think it's the way coaches call defensive alignments and offensive play calls, they can manipulate the way to lose the game without letting the players know. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

The numerous stories that have been written by local media. 

ok, so Irsay forced Frank to bench Ryan in favor of Sam.  Why then did he allow Saturday to go right back to Ryan 2 weeks later?

I did a computer draft simulation 10 times to see who Colts would take at 5 and these are the results 

1. Anthony Richardson 

2. CJ Stroud 

3. Bryce Young 

4. Peter Skoronski 

5. Will Anderson Jr 

6. CJ Stroud 

7. Joey Porter Jr 

8. Will Levis 

9. Anthony Richardson 

10. CJ Stroud 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

QB Will Levis

RB Jonathan Taylor 

WR Michael Pittman Jr 

WR Alec Pierce 

WR Parris Campbell 

TE Jelani Woods

LT Bernhard Raimann 

LG Quenton Nelson 

OC Ryan Kelly

RG John Michael Schmitz 

RT Braden Smith 

I don’t know about Kelly.  The guy is a shadow of his former self.  I think he is gone

i also think we need a true WR1

Pittman is solid but he doesn’t scare anyone

13 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I don’t know about Kelly.  The guy is a shadow of his former self.  I think he is gone

If Hyatt or JSN were available round 2 I would draft them but they won't unfortunately 

1 hour ago, J@son said:

ok, so Irsay forced Frank to bench Ryan in favor of Sam.  Why then did he allow Saturday to go right back to Ryan 2 weeks later?

Because Saturday came in and read the locker room.   He said the room was outraged that Ryan had been benched.  

Irsay had publicly said he wanted Saturday to improve the team and try to save the season.   Saturday goes to Irsay and says he wants to return to Ryan as the starter.  How would Irsay block Saturday and retain any credibility with anyone?   The coach he just hired says he wants Ryan, Irsay couldn’t say no.   So he said yes.  

By the way, I believe the change was almost immediate, and not two weeks later.   Wasn’t Saturdays first game vs Las Vegas?   Wasn’t that the game that Ryan was the-instated?    It’s been a looong season so perhaps I’m misremembering?   

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I did a computer draft simulation 10 times to see who Colts would take at 5 and these are the results 

1. Anthony Richardson 

2. CJ Stroud 

3. Bryce Young 

4. Peter Skoronski 

5. Will Anderson Jr 

6. CJ Stroud 

7. Joey Porter Jr 

8. Will Levis 

9. Anthony Richardson 

10. CJ Stroud 

Just my opinion… 

But I think there’s a near zero percent chance we’d take Richardson.  He’s the highest risk if the quarterbacks.   Yes, a high ceiling, but a super low floor if he misses.   And I think there’s no chance that Anderson gets to the 5th pick.   I think someone takes him before the Colts. 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because Saturday came in and read the locker room.   He said the room was outraged that Ryan had been benched.  

Irsay had publicly said he wanted Saturday to improve the team and try to save the season.   Saturday goes to Irsay and says he wants to return to Ryan as the starter.  How would Irsay block Saturday and retain any credibility with anyone?   The coach he just hired says he wants Ryan, Irsay couldn’t say no.   So he said yes.  

By the way, I believe the change was almost immediate, and not two weeks later.   Wasn’t Saturdays first game vs Las Vegas?   Wasn’t that the game that Ryan was the-instated?    It’s been a looong season so perhaps I’m misremembering?   

No, because Ryan was injured. Sam also started and was pummeled behind our worthless blockers against NE. 

If anyone thought afterwords that Q, Kelly and Smith gave Irsay the finger that day, maybe.

9 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Kelly has a body that started failing him 3 years ago. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Last year he lost a child and Pinter stepped in and out played him.

I think he is giving what he has left physically each play, out of pride, but he has hit the wall mentally. If he isn't a Colt next season playing for the Big Check that he has coming, i would not be at all surprised that he retires.

I want Pittman out of here and replaced with a smaller, quick, speed receiver.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Kelly has a body that started failing him 3 years ago. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Last year he lost a child and Pinter stepped in and out played him.

I think he is giving what he has left physically each play, out of pride, but he has hit the wall mentally. If he isn't a Colt next season playing for the Big Check that he has coming, i would not be at all surprised that he retires.

I want Pittman out of here and replaced with a smaller, quick, speed receiver.

I agree on Kelly. It’s a sad situation with his child. 
He is hurting us today.  

I have a different take on Pittman. he doesn’t stretch the field, but he can be a decent WR2.   However…. If he wants 20m to re sign  im saying good bye

14 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

QB Will Levis

RB Jonathan Taylor 

WR Michael Pittman Jr 

WR Alec Pierce 

WR Parris Campbell 

TE Jelani Woods

LT Bernhard Raimann 

LG Quenton Nelson 

OC Ryan Kelly

RG John Michael Schmitz 

RT Braden Smith 

Dear God please don’t let Ryan Kelly be brought back at center for the Colts. And I would hope we add a better option at WR and either RG/RT. 

Archived