Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, danlhart87 said:

It's definitely possible Stroud or Levis could go 1st too

levis had a down year there are people saying he could fall into the mid 1st but i think with how important the position is he will be gone top 5 .    i think young looks the best so far i dont watch a huge amount of college games but this year because we need a QB i actually starting watching .

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

@NFLfan

Do me a favor! Whenever we find out about Colts new draft pick for the week officially I will inform you and you can edit the title!

Okay. No problem. Just to be sure, if you let me know that the Colts now have the 20th pick, you would like me to change the title to "Colts currently have the 20th pick"? Right?

I hope the colts lose out but I fear they win two more times :yuk:.

I think we upset.someone and.beat the Texans last week of.season.. I don't think the Texans can beat a.pee wee league team. 

The #1 pick.should.refuse to play with them (like Elway  did to us) and then demand to be traded.to Colts!!! :funny:

2 minutes ago, craigerb said:

In draft or AFC?

Draft

9 minutes ago, James said:

Hopefully the Colts lose tonight (and every single remaining game of this season).

Sorry for being that fan, but I have a long term perspective. 

I'm with you. Winning pointless games doesn't help.

• NFLfan changed the title to Colts have the 8th pick with Saints win OR the 9th pick with Buccaneers win on Dec. 5th
On 11/29/2022 at 12:04 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

U have to look at the teams in front of  us who needs a qb. U also have to look at teams right behind us who will trade up. Houston , Detroit and Carolina are most likely locks for a qb. Atlanta will need one and I wouldn't count out Seattle. They have a very high pick because of Wilson. U don't get a free #3 that often. Plus I think Carrol would like to rub it in and pick their franchise qb courtesy of Wilson lol.Wild cards could be Tampa, Raiders, Washington and Giants. They are far done but also depends on how they finish. I could actually see the Colts finishing as high 3rd or 4th overall.

Atlanta just drafted Ridder last year. They won’t be in the running and if they areeee the Colts better be calling about Ridder ASAP!

Unless they lose to the Texans, 8-9 is about as high as they are going to get.  Even if they lose out, they probably won't get higher than #5.  

We will still most likely need to make a deal.  Let's hope Chicago ends up where they are.  We're a non-division, non-NFC team, and Ballard treated Eberflus right after McDaniels bailed.  They probably won't mind dealing with us.

Getting into the top 10 for us I don’t think will be a problem.  It’s the teams that will pick in front of us.  As long as the teams in front of us aren’t qb needy teams (like the bears) I’m fine with not having a top 5 pick, but we need to stay in the top 10 for insurance.

right now the teams I’m worried about, as we currently sit at #8:

1st  Texans:  we know they’re grabbing a qb.  No brainer

2nd Seahawks:  got this pick via broncos.  Geno is playing well but we know he’s not the long term answer.  Seahawks may be willing to part ways with him and sign their qb of the future.

4th Panthers:  another no brainer.  Will be getting a qb.

5th Lions:  Goff looks solid but atp he’s a journeyman.  Lions will be looking to get a franchise qb to put in that young talented offense

7th Steelers:  Pickett doesn’t look like the answer.  Pretty sure they’ll be looking to upgrade at qb

then there’s us at 8th.  The only team in the top 10 I see possibly moving back due to winning are the steelers and bears.  The other teams in front us are picks that were traded and I don’t see those teams winning, besides the saints.

if we can stay in the top 10, I’m thinking we should maybe entice the bears with a trade to move up.  They’re the only team in the top 5 with their qb position solidified and will be looking to load up on picks to continue building.  If we can move into the top 5 then I think we’re fine.  

We are currently at #9 but will move up to #8 if the Saints win tonight.   In the quest to get to #5 we could get to #5 if Carolina, Jacksonville, Arizona all win next week.  We would also need the Saints to win if they do not win tonight.  

On 11/28/2022 at 10:54 PM, NewColtsFan said:

The loss of the big Penn Stare OT is big for the Colts.    Ideally, the Colts need to come out of the first round either with a QB or a LT.    It’s still not clear that Rainmann is the future at that spot.  

Great game ......eh??????

Archived