Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Max Duggan will be a better Pro. Fast and accurate on the run.

I think we have to stop trying to predict who will be good and who don’t. We really don’t know.  George Bremer and his podcast partner were doing the same thing on their podcast.  People have all different opinions on Quarterbacks but facts are no one knows who will be good or not. It’s a projection. So if they do take one we have to trust they will be able to develop the one we get.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think we have to stop trying to predict who will be good and who don’t. We really don’t know.  George Bremer and his podcast partner were doing the same thing on their podcast.  People have all different opinions on Quarterbacks but facts are no one knows who will be good or not. It’s a projection. So if they do take one we have to trust they will be able to develop the one we get.

Max Duggan reminds me of Steve Young. Predicting isn't a bad thing. We need someone, Matt is old and Sam is not the answer nor was Wentz. 

The Colts could beat the Chargers and the Texans and that’s a stretch. Top 10 not 5, and that’s good enough for a QB. Gotta take one, good year or not. Hopefully with a new GM. I’m sure Irsay has talked to Sean Payton who will want more control.

1 minute ago, lilolemoi said:

The Colts could beat the Chargers and the Texans and that’s a stretch. Top 10 not 5, and that’s good enough for a QB. Gotta take one, good year or not. Hopefully with a new GM. I’m sure Irsay has talked to Sean Payton who will want more control.

Peyton is not coming here. It’s a bad situation  and he is waiting on a LA job to open. Staley is in a short leash and mcvay has talked retiring. 

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Peyton is not coming here. It’s a bad situation  and he is waiting on a LA job to open. Staley is in a short leash and mcvay has talked retiring. 

Guess it depends on whether the Chargers make the playoffs. If Payton comes to Indy, you’re gonna have Brady as your QB.

Something funny I noticed...

Matt Ryan was benched on the 28th week and 3rd day of the year, or the 199th day of the year. Who was the 199th draft pick? Tom Brady. The matrix works in mysterious ways haha!

1 hour ago, lilolemoi said:

Guess it depends on whether the Chargers make the playoffs. If Payton comes to Indy, you’re gonna have Brady as your QB.

Matt Ryan was benched on the 28th week and 3rd day of the year, or the 199th day of the year. Who was the 199th draft pick? Tom Brady. The matrix works in mysterious ways haha!

He isn’t coming so get that out of your mind.

30 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

There will be quite of teams moving up for QBs in this draft

There will be teams that may want to move up. The QBs coming out are overrated by the media and the fan bases as far as them being picked in the top 10 spots. The mock drafts I have seen are not QB heavy in the early 1st round. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So far not looking great today in a big game.  Still plenty of time but not impressed. 

He had 1 miss pass where a guy was open but K. State rushed him pretty good on that play. K. State is good. We will see how it ends up. Caleb looked bad last night vs Utah, Stroud in the 2nd half looked awful vs Michigan and almost everyone says he is going #1 or #2.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He had 1 miss pass where a guy was open but K. State rushed him pretty good on that play. K. State is good. We will see how it ends up. Caleb looked bad last night vs Utah, Stroud in the 2nd half looked awful vs Michigan and almost everyone says he is going #1 or #2.

That kinda falls back to what I said earlier.  IMO this QB class is not as good as the media and fan bases have advertised.  

I'm probably in the minority here on this one, but I find Richardson the most intriguing.

His upside is potentially through the roof compared to the other QBs. Dual threat, extremely athletic, has a gun for an arm, doesn't lose his poise after a bad play, only 21, etc...

I don't think we can fiscally move on from Ryan next year, so I think he'll be QB1 again next season. But as evidenced from this crazy season for the Colts, anything can happen. Ideally we could draft Richardson and have him sit behind Ryan next year and develop more.

He really should stay in college another year, get more experience, and improve his stock. But if he's there when we pick, I'd be fine with the Colts taking him.

I'm just not feeling it with the other QBs outside of Young in this class.

jmo

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I saw him overthrow a receiver deep by quite a bit.  K. State has let them back in.  Don’t see him as one of the top quarterback choices.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually Will Howard looks better than Duggan in this game.  

3 hours ago, lilolemoi said:

That explains everything maaaannn.

An American Hippie In Israel Reaction GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

GMs and drafting crews look and grade these QBs a lot different than the fans do. 

There were fans that wanted Mahomes to go to the Bears and they gave up draft up picks to get Trubisky to move up to 2. Lynch traded a lot to get Lance and he had Jimmy G, still does. Some never learn lmao . Jimmy may win the SB this year. All he does is win.

Archived