Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, coming on strong said:

its  to hard to win a superbowl without a franchise QB  going back to 2003 going on 20 years only one team without one one a super bowl .    the 49ers with their elite defense will never get over the hump either and end up rebuilding in the long run unless trey lance works out    i rather just rebuild and have a chance at a top pick then build the roster back up .   the nfl killed defenses with these rules and made it so you have to have one now .

I made a mistake that saints pick goes to eagles so that won’t matter too much.

Just now, Coltsbluefan said:

Saints don’t have a 1st round pick..Eagles have their 1st rounder.Eagles definitely aren’t taking a QB in the draft.

I corrected it. I suspect after Texans pick their QB A couple teams will move up for a QB. Neither Chicago or Denver need a QB.  So after Texans I imagine teams will be trying to move up to those 2nd and 3rd picks. Even if Chicago picks at 2 that still moves a QV down.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I mean look at this. After Texans there might not be another team needing A QB. Seattle might then panthers. Lots of room to move up if need be.

It amazes me how bad the cardinals are, didn't even realize they were ahead of us in the top 10 picks

Colts need panthers, Jags, Rams,  cardinals to win. Rams are playing the raiders so raiders losing kind of hurts. But the fact lions may not take a QB could help. Lions need to keep winning.

Just now, Zoltan said:

It amazes me how bad the cardinals are, didn't even realize they were ahead of us in the top 10 picks

Kingsbury is going to be fired.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I mean look at this. After Texans there might not be another team needing A QB. Seattle might then panthers. Lots of room to move up if need be.

At 9 Colts have a chance to get 1 of these

Bryce Young
CJ Stroud
Will Levis

or 

Hooker for later round

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

its gonna be tight though 3 top QBS  and three teams in the top 5 right now that need QBS plus panthers  .  lions panthers seahawks texans colts  .   i just hope the lions win a bunch of games and want to keep goff and build around him .  need to beat out the panthers at least and might still have to trade up a lot of picks . 

if the colts miss out on the top 3 they should just trade back multiple times take richardson in the second and try to go into next year with two first rounders . try and trade some veterans and we can stack picks up .   i see no point running it back with a veteran it wont work  and we will be in the same spot every single year . 

I think the cost to trade for Jordan Love would be cheaper than moving up in the draft.  I think he would be extremely more productive out of the gate.  No secret Ballard coveted him. I think a trade for Love all hinges on how the Packers handle their last four games.  That’s what I’m keeping an eye on.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think the cost to trade for Jordan Love would be cheaper than moving up in the draft.  I think he would be extremely more productive out of the gate.  No secret Ballard coveted him. I think a trade for Love all hinges on how the Packers handle their last four games.  That’s what I’m keeping an eye on.

How much longer Rogers wants to play would need to be taken into consideration, also.

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If the Colts wanted Jordan Love they would have drafted him.

• NFLfan changed the title to Colts have the 9th pick (updated 12/6/22)
58 minutes ago, Moe said:
58 minutes ago, Moe said:

With the two second round picks we could have moved up if we wanted him.

It would have cost more than two second round picks to get in front of pick 26.  I think they were planning on moving up to the back of the 1st to get him.  No one expected the Packers to take him at 26.  They messed everything up and ticked off Rodgers.  Now we can make the move.  Never too late.

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts need panthers, Jags, Rams,  cardinals to win. Rams are playing the raiders so raiders losing kind of hurts. But the fact lions may not take a QB could help. Lions need to keep winning.

Kingsbury is going to be fired.

A cardinals win is the most likely. Not so much on the others…..

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Mills, Geno, Goff, Darnold, Murray, are the starting QBs for teams with very bad losing records.  Only Murray was ever recently thought to be a franchise QB, once upon a time. 

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Mills, Geno, Goff, Darnold, Murray, are the starting QBs for teams with very bad losing records.  Only Murray was ever recently thought to be a franchise QB, once upon a time. 

Goff has been playing very well. I don’t think they take a QB. They are close if they get defense. Geno has been fine we will see what happens there Panthers are the ones we need to get ahead of. Let’s hope they can win a couple games.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Goff has been playing very well. I don’t think they take a QB. They are close if they get defense. Geno has been fine we will see what happens there Panthers are the ones we need to get ahead of. Let’s hope they can win a couple games.

Regardless of how their QB is playing this season, I think its SOP that when a team does not have a franchise QB at the helm, they don't pass on one if they are in position to take one.  But we'll see.

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Texans, Lions, Panthers are in prime position to draft one and Falcons  will probably move up . I also think that Seahawks could be in play. Geno is having a good year but we all know how these stories usually  end. He probably comes back to earth next year. They have a top  3 pick right now and teams rarely get into that position with a winning record. They were not afraid to pull the string on Russell,. so  if there guy was there, I would not be surprised. Plus, I think Carrol would like to draft a franchise guy with the picks he used to get rid of Wilson. If they did not go qb, I think they are the team to trade with. They also have Denver's  #1 next year and could say get the Colts #1 next year. That would give them lots of ammo in next years draft. I am not sure Chicago moves back. They need serious talent. If Fields is the guy, then they need to surround him with talent. The Bears are bad and u never know, they may decide to change coaching staffs. No one is safe with a record like that and the next regime could come in and start with a new qb. I also heard that 2024 is suppose to be a good qb draft. I am actually all for just playing out next season and just sitting still and taking the best player. I dont want Ballard picking our qb of the future as i dont trust him. I think when the grades come out for these guys, i expect them to fall. This could be a qb draft that in years really does not produce much so why not wait till 2024 as this is a major rebuild anyways. The last game against the Cowboys proved we lack talent and character on this team. The inability to hand onto the ball screams of a team lacking physical and mental toughness.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Texans, Lions, Panthers are in prime position to draft one and Falcons  will probably move up . I also think that Seahawks could be in play. Geno is having a good year but we all know how these stories usually  end. He probably comes back to earth next year. They have a top  3 pick right now and teams rarely get into that position with a winning record. They were not afraid to pull the string on Russell,. so  if there guy was there, I would not be surprised. Plus, I think Carrol would like to draft a franchise guy with the picks he used to get rid of Wilson. If they did not go qb, I think they are the team to trade with. They also have Denver's  #1 next year and could say get the Colts #1 next year. That would give them lots of ammo in next years draft. I am not sure Chicago moves back. They need serious talent. If Fields is the guy, then they need to surround him with talent. The Bears are bad and u never know, they may decide to change coaching staffs. No one is safe with a record like that and the next regime could come in and start with a new qb. I also heard that 2024 is suppose to be a good qb draft. I am actually all for just playing out next season and just sitting still and taking the best player. I dont want Ballard picking our qb of the future as i dont trust him. I think when the grades come out for these guys, i expect them to fall. This could be a qb draft that in years really does not produce much so why not wait till 2024 as this is a major rebuild anyways. The last game against the Cowboys proved we lack talent and character on this team. The inability to hand onto the ball screams of a team lacking physical and mental toughness.

ATL drafted Desmond Ridder and they signed Mariota as the stop gap.   I don't think they throw away Ridder by trading up for another rookie.  They will probably draft defense or possibly WR, oline if they are BPA.

49 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Denver just paid Russell 250 million. They also don’t have that pick. It goes to Seahawks. Bears have their QB. They need to get him weapons and defense.

Seahawks could be in play and I  am not sold on Fields yet.  I hope the guy does well but if I'm a GM and I am not convinced my young qb on a rookie contract is the franchise QB then it would make sense to at least look at options in the draft.

I'm not holding my breath that we will get a shot at one of the top 3 guys.  That's all.  Too many teams all over the NFL need QBs.  And we have no idea what all these GMs are thinking.  The vet QB carousel has shown that isn't a great method of securing a franchise guy.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Denver just paid Russell 250 million. They also don’t have that pick. It goes to Seahawks. Bears have their QB. They need to get him weapons and defense.

If Chicago would offer Fields for our first and second.........  I would take it all day and every day

The kid just needs some talent around him..... he is picking up the pro game slowly, 

12 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

If Chicago would offer Fields for our first and second.........  I would take it all day and every day

The kid just needs some talent around him..... he is picking up the pro game slowly, 

I would take fields any day. He should of been a colt anyways. But Chicago isn’t trading him.

2 hours ago, gspdx said:

Seahawks could be in play and I  am not sold on Fields yet.  I hope the guy does well but if I'm a GM and I am not convinced my young qb on a rookie contract is the franchise QB then it would make sense to at least look at options in the draft.

I'm not holding my breath that we will get a shot at one of the top 3 guys.  That's all.  Too many teams all over the NFL need QBs.  And we have no idea what all these GMs are thinking.  The vet QB carousel has shown that isn't a great method of securing a franchise guy.

If colts keep losing they could end up in the top 5.  Seattle I’d one that may or may not take a QB. I can see it going either way. Detroit maybe but Goff has been so good.

Archived