Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hines traded to the Bills

CR91

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Hines gets to play for a juggernaut

Colts clear cap, get out of his deal, and get a return for a player that Reich had absolutely no clue how to use properly. 

JT *should* now be the focal point of the offense and moving Hines *should* make it easier to give him the ball in obvious JT situations rather than Hines

JT tweaked his ankle again last game and was completely useless after..

Dude needs a couple more weeks.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

And for what exactly? The colts couldn't use Hines correctly. The one year they did, we won 11 games.

I was hoping to Fire Reich at the end of the season and see a coach really use Hines correctly but what do I know… lol

whats annoying is if hines is  used right could of been elite .   use him like the saints use kamara  put him in motion run more outside runs and make him get 10 plus passes out of the back field a game .  when rivers was here he looked great .  this teams ruins good players its getting annoying .  

The Colts are not even close to being a contender in the AFC or even a threat to the Bills/Chiefs in January.

I highly doubt we're in the playoffs by the time Hines' contract is up.

Outside of personal attachment, I don't really see why anyone is upset at this

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

how ?  dont the colts still have to pay hines 5 million ?   a 6th round pick to lose a good pass catcher and punt returner is dumb . i only wanted to trade him for a 4th round pick

Why do the Colts have to pay him?

Buffalo should be eating the contract. 

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

The Colts are not even close to being a contender in the AFC or even a threat to the Bills/Chiefs in January.

I highly doubt we're in the playoffs by the time Hines' contract is up.

Outside of personal attachment, I don't really see why anyone is upset at this

definitely personal attachment, plus the fact that Josh Allen will definitely get value out of Hines, which we rarely were able to get, outside of Rivers. 

Good trade.

The team doesn't need to keep HInes, who is just a specialty receiver.  We have enough receivers now.

We need an actual backup RB to JT in addition to Jackson.  Not sure that Moss is the best backup for between the OTs running, but there are not many options in a trade.

If it was just Hines for Moss, it would make sense.  We got a 6th too.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

whats annoying is if hines is  used right could of been elite .   use him like the saints use kamara  put him in motion run more outside runs and make him get 10 plus passes out of the back field a game .  when rivers was here he looked great .  this teams ruins good players its getting annoying .  

Yeah but the talent difference between AK and Hines is massive

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

couldnt the colts just cut him next year ?   sounds like they are tanking i hate this .   try and win with sam i dont like tanking out loud .   at least try to act like you wanna win . 

Hines was very vocal on how much he hated all the cycling of quarterbacks every year. Maybe he wanted out.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Good trade.

The team doesn't need to keep HInes, who is just a specialty receiver.  We have enough receivers now.

We need an actual backup RB to JT in addition to Jackson.  Not sure that Moss is the best backup for between the OTs running, but there are not many options in a trade.

This.

Also that contract was terrible. You don’t pay backup change of pace backs that type of money. That’s an easy position to replace in the draft. Moss can actually run between the tackles.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Good trade.

Interesting it was Campbell running the jet sweeps too and not Hines . Campbell used to be a RB do I imagine less plays for Hines. I think we can get the same out of Parris. With him being healthy Hines is expendable.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

This.

Also that contract was terrible. You don’t pay backup change of pace backs that type of money. That’s an easy position to replace in the draft. Moss can actually run between the tackles.

Run between the tackles? We can't even create holes for Taylor. You think Moss will make a difference?

The Colts have not used Hines properly for a couple of years. They have had a glaring need to spell Taylor with a back that can pick up yards after contact. Around the league the return on many of the trades has been underwhelming. Hopefully this benefits the Colts run game.

So is this what frank meant when he said he was gonna use Hines more this season, or nah? Just trying to get a little clarification. Maybe one of you frank truthers can chime in and explain the master plan here to me. 

This is definitely Ballard’s worst trade. Take a good player that the coaching staff can’t figure out how to use properly and trade him for a bad player who isn’t translating to the NFL and a 6th round pick that will come so late it might as well be a 7th rounder. 

If they had used Hines to his * strengths (you know, like frank said he would,) he’d be a weapon. Instead he’s just a marginalized guy out there randomly running plays and routes best suited for someone else. And now we have a guy in Moss who has struggled however he’s been used instead.

Yippee.

Jesus we’ve become the PG13 Pacers of the NFL. And it’s starting to look like we’re actively working to be in that position. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886021e041e0efa4f06a7

Yah not sure what people are so upset about. A mediocre backup running back that we barely used isn't fetching more than what we got. I seen hopes for a 3rd or 4th round pick in the other thread which is laughable. We cleared cap space thats what this was about.

Archived