Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hines traded to the Bills

CR91

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Shive said:

I posted it in the other thread, but:

Moss is the opposite of Hines as a RB. Here's a snippet from his NFL.com Draft Profile:

His player comp was Marion Barber, which I absolutely agree with.

Health has been his issue so far in the pros, plus he's more of a thunder vs Hines' lightning.

Highlight reel from last season for those interested:

Exactly.  He is the backup to JT that people complained we were using Hines for.  Complaining because he could not "run up the gut".  Well. we need a backup RB who actually can.

Now they complain that we didn't get enough for Hines, who is one dimensional...but still isn't as good as an average WR.

This forum just complains for no reason...

Just now, DougDew said:

Exactly.  He is the backup to JT that people complained we were using Hines for.  Complaining because he could not "run up the gut".  Well. we need a backup RB who actually can.

Now they complain that we didn't get enough for a Hines, who is one dimensional...but still isn't as good as an average WR.

yes we do!!!!! lol

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Just saw it was 2024 6th rounder (conditional)

For those that wasn't mad enough.

Hopefully , the "condition" turns the 6th into a 5th rather than a 7th. I thought I read that it was the former and not the later.

6 minutes ago, dw49 said:

It's not as bad a picture as you paint. The estimated cap for next year is 226m. This I believe includes around 8 m in roll over.The colts top 51 for 2023 is 197 m. Dead money is around 3m. 

The 2023 top 51 contracts come to just under 200m.This gives the Colts 26 m in cap space. Add to that the 23 m they save on releasing Ryan. Gives you 49 mill in cap space.

You're right, I posted similar breakdown prior to this one.

Only thing you're wrong on is Matt Ryan, he has $18m dead cap, $12m new money.

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

whats annoying is if hines is  used right could of been elite .   use him like the saints use kamara  put him in motion run more outside runs and make him get 10 plus passes out of the back field a game .  when rivers was here he looked great .  this teams ruins good players its getting annoying .  

Kamara is better than Hines at everything . He can run outside or through the tackles, Hines can only run outside

1 minute ago, w87r said:

You're right, I posted similar breakdown prior to this one.

Only thing you're wrong on is Matt Ryan, he has $18m dead cap, $12m new money.

I think the 6m roster bonus is only guaranteed for injury.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

It's a $6m restructure bonus.

Already been paid out, when we restructured his deal last year. Counts against this year's cap.

I just finished taking another look at his contract and you are correct. 

Just now, stitches said:

I mean... he got positive value for that contract so... hard to fault him.

And got out of most of the contract.

His contract structures are very under rated around here.

Just want to look at it as a whole and not see how he sets them up to get out of cheaply if need be.

4 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

ballard just saved our season with this blockbuster deal!!! no more 16 point games or losses!!

I know this is said in jest, but don't be surprised how much addition by subtraction there is right here.

3 of last 4 turnovers happened when Taylor wasn't on the field (he had other).

Don't have to worry about Taylor being off the field during 2 minute drill.

Offense should be easier to call without having to try and get Hines touches because he was 14th highest paid RB.

Then of course that near $14m over next 3 years in savings.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I know this is said in jest, but don't be surprised how much addition by subtraction there is right here.

3 of last 4 turnovers happened when Taylor wasn't on the field (he had other).

Don't have to worry about Taylor being off the field during 2 minute drill.

Offense should be easier to call without having to try and get Hines touches because he was 14th highest paid RB.

Then of course that near $14m over next 3 years in savings.

you nailed it, and moss is a good blocker

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Interesting it was Campbell running the jet sweeps too and not Hines . Campbell used to be a RB do I imagine less plays for Hines. I think we can get the same out of Parris. With him being healthy Hines is expendable.

Man that is totally possible that Campbell takes over most of Hines duties. Never looked at Hines as a RB anyways 

4 minutes ago, boogmanningluck said:

Man that is totally possible that Campbell takes over most of Hines duties. Never looked at Hines as a RB anyways 

Reich was finding it difficult to get Hines touches. Then you have pierce playing well too.  It is what it is. It’s actually a good thing. As much as we love Hines that means we actually have a good WR good now.  Now Reich doesn’t have go worry about finding him touches.

48 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Now they complain that we didn't get enough for Hines, who is one dimensional...but still isn't as good as an average WR.

Can’t agree more. Hines was given opportunities in this offense. He couldn’t make guys miss in open space. He’s track fast and not elusive. He was taken off punt return duties because he would muff the kicks. People keep forgetting these things. 

Archived