Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hines traded to the Bills

CR91

18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Worse as it gets?   I'm not sure that makes sense..

Sorry I was ticked off when I saw your post. I was just expressing how upset and frustrated I am with this team. It's just a honest mistake of frustration. Nothing personal. My apologies

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, w87r said:

Agent isn't going rogue and making request without consent from the player he is representing.

Agent makes trade request = player makes trade request 

pointless conversation right now. I'm moving on.

Obviously he talked to Hines about it, but it wasn't Hines that went to the colts and demanded the trade. The idea was pitched to Hines and he was open to it, but he didn't request it.

1 hour ago, jbaron04 said:

I’ll stand on what I said early in the season I think Campbell could do what we want Hines to be but is a real receiver and 6” instead of 5’9 

Not unless we can't re-sign him. You think Campbell if he keeps balling out is gonna want anything under 10 mil a year? I'm not paying that

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Not unless we can't re-sign him. You think Campbell if he keeps balling out is gonna want anything under 10 mil a year? I'm not paying that

I think he will be a restricted free agent since this with technically be his 3rd accrued season so we can place a first or second round tender on him and get him back cheaper for 1 more year to see if he can stay healthy if so we gonna have to pay up 

I didn't like the trade at first as I think we gave up more talent than we got back.    After thinking on it, I don't think it was a bad trade with the current Colts team.  Reich has proven that he doesn't know how to use Hines like he should.  

Wonder if the emergence of Deon Jackson helped us to this decision. He seems a better fit... I'd argue that he's the better RB. We are no where near good enough to be utilizing specialty players like Hines lol. If this is clearing cap looking to the future, I'm all with it.. we're toast this season.

7 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

Wonder if the emergence of Deon Jackson helped us to this decision. He seems a better fit... I'd argue that he's the better RB. We are no where near good enough to be utilizing specialty players like Hines lol. If this is clearing cap looking to the future, I'm all with it.. we're toast this season.

Deon plays a part in it i think. But also i think on some of these obvious passing downs having a leaky line if youre in shotgun you may want to leave the back in to block. Hines cant do that, but JT, Jackson, and Moss can. And just overall with Reich switching more to a bell cow approach instead of RBBC theres not much room for Hines.

Unreal that this coaching staff couldn't figure out how to use Hines properly. The guy is a WR, not a RB.

I am however happy for Hines that he gets to go to a great team.

I don't know why they traded for another RB though. Deon Jackson is a great backup to JT. I thought for sure they would trade for an O-Lineman (a real need) 

10 hours ago, w87r said:

Yep was another thing I had been thinking about, for a while now.

Taylor ramifications because of it.

Good thing now is they can take this$13-$14m saved from Hines and put it towards Taylor's extension.

Definitely can put that money toward JT. But Hines being here would have created some urgency to extend JT. Colts can’t have their stud RB (who is eligible for an extension) making a lot less than the change of pace RB.

And given how this season has gone, I am

not sure they are going to be in a hurry to pay JT. They certainly didn’t pay Mack.

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Unreal that this coaching staff couldn't figure out how to use Hines properly. The guy is a WR, not a RB.

I am however happy for Hines that he gets to go to a great team.

I don't know why they traded for another RB though. Deon Jackson is a great backup to JT. I thought for sure they would trade for an O-Lineman (a real need) 

With JT banged up, they still needed another body at RB. Moss gives them that.

7 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

I think he will be a restricted free agent since this with technically be his 3rd accrued season so we can place a first or second round tender on him and get him back cheaper for 1 more year to see if he can stay healthy if so we gonna have to pay up 

I don't think that's how it works for drafted players 

Bills fans say he is a matchup nightmare and pretty much most of the examples given here are as him being used like a wideout. We all felt the same way too, Hines is a small slot WR and they should be using him as such (vs LBs and safeties in pass coverage), not run up the gut.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/11/2/23436131/bills-game-analysis-nyheim-hines-ken-dorsey-offense-scheme

Hines will flourish because of Josh Allen's arm and because of the other weapons they have. Good for 10-15 plays a game but that is about it, too many mouths to feed there.

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Bills fans say he is a matchup nightmare and pretty much most of the examples given here are as him being used like a wideout. We all felt the same way too, Hines is a small slot WR and they should be using him as such (vs LBs and safeties in pass coverage), not run up the gut.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/11/2/23436131/bills-game-analysis-nyheim-hines-ken-dorsey-offense-scheme

Hines will flourish because of Josh Allen's arm and because of the other weapons they have. Good for 10-15 plays a game but that is about it, too many mouths to feed there.

remember when Reich told us to put him on our fantasy teams lol

i have no doubt that Hines is going to go there and become a 50-100 yard all purpose yards player there.  That’s all they need him to do.  I’m so happy for him because now he’s going to be used the right way.  No more Hines up the gut 3-5 times a game.  

We can draft another RB that fits his skill set. What can’t keep doing is this patch work at QB. I really don’t care about Hines. We need to make this a better football team. We used him and people keep playing the same 3 highlights and back flips. Show the muffed punt, “why didn’t you let that bounce for a touchback” and inability to make guys miss plays. 

I don’t read every post on this board. I probably only read about 10%. Maybe not even that. But many fans complained about Hines. They got what they wanted. 

I don’t see how this is a good deal for the Colts. We basically lost another receiver, a return man, and a guy who can catch the ball out of the backfield. 

The Colts are not a better team after this trade. The Bills are though. 

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I don’t read every post on this board. I probably only read about 10%. Maybe not even that. But many fans complained about Hines. They got what they wanted. 

I don’t see how this is a good deal for the Colts. We basically lost another receiver, a return man, and a guy who can catch the ball out of the backfield. 

The Colts are not a better team after this trade. The Bills are though. 

HINES may help them make the super bowl, happy for him

Archived