Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts Are Huge Winners From Carson Wentz Trade

Lurker

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, compuls1v3 said:

This.  Taylor was used in the passing game more last year than this year.  I miss that.

I miss Hines too. He is so entertaining and fun to watch. This is one of the biggest areas Reich and Wentz need to work on in the passing game this offseason. I am not sure it’s something that can be fixed overnight.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Draft wise we should take a WR in the 2nd round. @stitchesor @NewColtsFancould tell you who the best 4 or 5 coming out is but I know we need one.

To be completely honest I've been a bit slow with my college football watching this year, but I do have some favorites. I absolutely love Olave from Ohio State, but I kind of don't expect him to be available unless he tanks his pre-draft process... in which case... I would feel less confident in him too. I love Treylon Burks too, but he's similar to Pittman so no idea if he would be great fit for us. 

Some WRs that might fall to us and are more of the speedy Z-type variety:

-Wan'Dale Robinson, Kentucky

-Skyy Moore, Western Michigan

-Jahan Dotson, Penn State

-John Metchie, Alabama

Might be missing some and I have to watch those more(some of them I haven't seen at all but relying on what I've heard in some of those draft podcasts).

13 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I just don't think drafting a QB was ever the route they really wanted to take. And once Reich got word in Dec. about Wentz wanting out...that became the priority.

And if you weren't going to try to draft one last year, you probably aren't going to be all in on that a lesser draft class. So it's Wentz for at least one more year.

But I am interested to see where some of these QB prospects go in the draft. I know I am in the minority, but I would have no problem with gambling a 2nd rounder on the right QB prospect to bolster the position and give them a future dart throw as well. But I don't think it would ever happen with no 1st round picks (and especially after what transpired in PHI).

My personal view is - you keep drafting QBs every year until you think you have the guy. Since I don't think Wentz is the guy, I agree with you, but IMO Ballard... and especially Reich think very different than us. Frank loves Wentz. I think they think he's the guy... at least at this point... and they love Ehlinger too so... IMO they have 2 QBs they really love so I don't expect them to draft one early. 

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

To be completely honest I've been a bit slow with my college football watching this year, but I do have some favorites. I absolutely love Olave from Ohio State, but I kind of don't expect him to be available unless he tanks his pre-draft process... in which case... I would feel less confident in him too. I love Treylon Burks too, but he's similar to Pittman so no idea if he would be great fit for us. 

Some WRs that might fall to us and are more of the speedy Z-type variety:

-Wan'Dale Robinson, Kentucky

-Skyy Moore, Western Michigan

-Jahan Dotson, Penn State

-John Metchie, Alabama

Might be missing some and I have to watch those more(some of them I haven't seen at all but relying on what I've heard in some of those draft podcasts).

My personal view is - you keep drafting QBs every year until you think you have the guy. Since I don't think Wentz is the guy, I agree with you, but IMO Ballard... and especially Reich think very different than us. Frank loves Wentz. I think they think he's the guy... at least at this point... and they love Ehlinger too so... IMO they have 2 QBs they really love so I don't expect them to draft one early. 

I don't think Wentz is as good as Andrew was but he is good, jmo. Thanks for the WR update.

2 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Never heard of Evan Sidery before. Respect his opinion about Wentz, but I disagree.

He is the locked on colts podcast host. I enjoy the podcasts some but he is a jerk on Twitter. He blocks colt fans all the time and can have weird takes on the colts on his podcast. He steals content from others. He takes comments by coaches and twists to say something they never said. Just bad.

22 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Barring a huge game from either Zach Pascal (377 receiving yards) or Jonathan Taylor (342 yards) in the final, Colts will not have two pass-catchers break the 500-yard mark in 2021. 

The last time that happened, I believe, was 1988.

Unless I'm missing something, the Colts had three 1,000-yard receivers in 2004 (Harrison, Wayne and Stokley).

12 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I miss Hines too. He is so entertaining and fun to watch. This is one of the biggest areas Reich and Wentz need to work on in the passing game this offseason. I am not sure it’s something that can be fixed overnight.

I agree, we need to use Hines more in the passing game since we have average WR's as a whole.

Yep. Looks really bad now. Eagles are in the playoffs with three top 20 picks in the first round. We are out of the playoffs with many questions on if Carson is a franchise QB..

This might turn out to be the biggest blunder of Ballard’s career. I think we’re set to be a 9-8 or worse team for years to come. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. Looks really bad now. Eagles are in the playoffs with three top 20 picks in the first round. We are out of the playoffs with many questions on if Carson is a franchise QB..

This might turn out to be the biggest blunder of Ballard’s career. I think we’re set to be a 9-8 or worse team for years to come. 

This just made my head hurt. Three top 20 picks in the 1st AND playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

This is TRUTH... sadly

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Wow. Now that is GM of the year material.

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Perpetual mediocrity is my biggest concern with the Colts--just good enough to be assured a constant supply of lower draft picks, but just bad enough to not win--or even make-the playoffs.

The Eagles won this trade. Period. No one can debate it. What is it 28M this year? Top 5 QB money. A first 1st and 2nd. And this is what we show for it? Must win against a bad Jags team that got spanked last week by the Pats.

Our franchise is an embarrassment. 

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

ballard bought ocean front in arizona

6 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

This thread, my god. The Eagles make the playoffs and get our 1st round pick. Sickening. 

and we lose to a team that takes us out of the playoffs, a joke, a division rival, and they still get another #1 overall pick.  It's the literal worst thing that could happen, other than JT tearing an achilles during the game.

18 hours ago, Dasteez said:

The Eagles won this trade. Period. No one can debate it. What is it 28M this year? Top 5 QB money. A first 1st and 2nd. And this is what we show for it? Must win against a bad Jags team that got spanked last week by the Pats.

Our franchise is an embarrassment. 

It was a first and 3rd , plus the first was a future first. That said , we made a horrible deal.

I supported Wentz because I thought he would return to his 2017 form. He did not. I don't blame him for yesterday's team-no-show but a leader would have walked up and down the bench urging his teammates on. He did not. It tells us something when they came out for the second half as limp as they were in the first half. I fear there won't be much change coming and if so it will be hard to get up for next year. The Jets SBIII game angered many Colts fans this loss embarrassed them. They should form up and apologize to the city of Indianapolis.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

I supported Wentz because I thought he would return to his 2017 form. He did not. I don't blame him for yesterday's team-no-show but a leader would have walked up and down the bench urging his teammates on. He did not. It tells us something when they came out for the second half as limp as they were in the first half. I fear there won't be much change coming and if so it will be hard to get up for next year. The Jets SBIII game angered many Colts fans this loss embarrassed them. They should form up and apologize to the city of Indianapolis.

He did not because he's not the leader, simple, never was. But I was expecting this from Leonard at least, Q, somebody needed to spot that horror show.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, if he plays much better next year with upgrades at skill positions, he would still be better than any QB we could have gotten in this year's draft at No.16 which is where the Eagles will pick. 

We wouldn't be drafting a QB, more likely a WR.

Now nothing at all,  and that's the point. 

Should have sat him against the raiders. 

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

We wouldn't be drafting a QB, more likely a WR.

Now nothing at all,  and that's the point. 

Should have sat him against the raiders. 

So who was going to play the most important QB position on the team? Don't tell me Jacob Eason. I wanted Trubisky so that we could surround him with good players after seeing what he did with just Allen Robinson but obviously his ceiling was limited as a starter and the Bills got him as a backup for 1 year. After Rivers, we had to do SOMETHING, right?

5 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

We lost that trade with the Eagles, not only received our #1 this year, they are going into the playoffs with a 2nd year QB and to put icing on the cake, they're doing it with our former assistant OC.

Yeah, you can do that playing in the stellar NFC East and having Lions, Panthers, Falcons on your schedule, IMO. Watch Sirianni crash and burn along with the Eagles vs the Bucs.

2 hours ago, DiogoSales said:

He did not because he's not the leader, simple, never was. But I was expecting this from Leonard at least, Q, somebody needed to spot that horror show.

That was the most shocking part of the loss IMO. Our leaders disappeared. I'm so disappointed in them. 

7 minutes ago, Never_Quit said:

That was the most shocking part of the loss IMO. Our leaders disappeared. I'm so disappointed in them. 

its hard to motivate people when every one in the locker room knows the QB stinks .   look at 2011  we had hall of fame leaders in the locker room they were crushed watching painter play .   the team just gave up knowing the QB is horrible and you cant win without one .

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its hard to motivate people when every one in the locker room knows the QB stinks .   look at 2011  we had hall of fame leaders in the locker room they were crushed watching painter play .   the team just gave up knowing the QB is horrible and you cant win without one .

Idk....

I just went back and read previous gameday threads.

People here were praising him.

The media was praising our team.

Other teams and coaches  around the league were praising and borderline fearing the Colts. 

I "get" that we bombed the last two "win and in" games.

It was definitely a different team the past two weeks.  I know we're not supposed to make excuses, but I can't get past the feeling that some players coming off the covid list just didn't have the strength and energy needed.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I can't get past the feeling that some players coming off the covid list just didn't have the strength and energy needed.

seems like its always something with carson, it was an issue in philly too.  injuries, not getting along with coach, now covid 

trading for him always scared the crap out of me, and then he gets here and missed the off season.  of course covid struck at the worst time  

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, you can do that playing in the stellar NFC East and having Lions, Panthers, Falcons on your schedule, IMO. Watch Sirianni crash and burn along with the Eagles vs the Bucs.

Lol not being Homer but it is not like AFC South is any different than NFC East 

Last 2 teams in AFC are from AFC South lol

Archived