Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Doyle embarrassing

James

I have always liked the guy, but that behaviour was disgusting. Downright embarrassing.

I thought “flopping” or “diving” was reserved for NBA and soccer players.

Matter of fact Doyle was the one who instigated it with a more obvious late hit.

Get a grip, Doyle!

It's football. You literally line up against someone for about three hours trying to beat him into the ground. Aggression and emotion is going to leak out from time to time. Am I happy about it? NO! Stuff like that's gonna happen though. It's a violent game. Heck I don't think I'm a dirty person and I used to do stuff like that. You just need to have a mean mindset and when you do this stuff will happen. 

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Shoving the guys head down was a dirty play.

Falling down and acting like the guy killed you when you get shoved is football 101.

Yeah, he was definitely the instigator.  His acting after the push was so bad I laughed each time they replayed it.

I’m not going to % on a guy for one play he made in his many years with the Colts. This isn’t something he regularly does or is known for. It was a bad play but I’m not going to question his character over one play in the hundreds of snaps he has for the Colts. That would be very silly.

I am sure all of you would love to have a "late hit" Rodney Harrison on your team if the number of plays he makes far exceeds the number of late hits he dishes out. I am not going to say Jack Doyle was right but it is not a big deal to me in an emotional sport. It happens. It almost got us the win. 

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Shoving the guys head down was a dirty play.

Falling down and acting like the guy killed you when you get shoved is football 101.

Flopping is perfectly acceptable.

I was disappointed with Doyle pushing his head down.  That was embarrassing.

5 hours ago, HoosierHero said:

It's football. You literally line up against someone for about three hours trying to beat him into the ground. Aggression and emotion is going to leak out from time to time. Am I happy about it? NO! Stuff like that's gonna happen though. It's a violent game. Heck I don't think I'm a dirty person and I used to do stuff like that. You just need to have a mean mindset and when you do this stuff will happen. 

It’s not the ballet. It’s a battle 

7 hours ago, James said:

I have always liked the guy, but that behaviour was disgusting. Downright embarrassing.

Matter of fact Doyle was the one who instigated it with a more obvious late hit.

Get a grip, Doyle!

That's the worst he's done?  Yeah, he's fine.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I am sure all of you would love to have a "late hit" Rodney Harrison on your team if the number of plays he makes far exceeds the number of late hits he dishes out. I am not going to say Jack Doyle was right but it is not a big deal to me in an emotional sport. It happens. It almost got us the win. 

Yup. That was a “nothing burger”moment by Doyle and he was rewarded by a bone headed move by the DB. I’m sure there was a lot of verbal back and forth all game. A non issue except it gave the Colts a chance to win. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Yup. That was a “nothing burger”moment by Doyle and he was rewarded by a bone headed move by the DB. I’m sure there was a lot of verbal back and forth all game. A non issue except it gave the Colts a chance to win. 

Totally agree - it's  not like he spit on the guy or anything, he baited him into a dumb penalty that gave us 15 yards and a chance to win the game.

When I saw the title, I thought this thread would be about the far more important aspect, his impact as a receiver.  Doyle had one catch for 4 yards.  Baltimore's Andrews had 11 catches for 147 yards, 2 TDs and 4 extra points.  Andrews ran good routes, used his body to shield the ball from defenders, and had impressive YAC.  He was the difference maker in the game.  Doyle?  No, not so much, despite his significant contract.

Doyle will never be at the level of Andrews, but maybe MAC could be.

4 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

When I saw the title, I thought this thread would be about the far more important aspect, his impact as a receiver.  Doyle had one catch for 4 yards.  Baltimore's Andrews had 11 catches for 147 yards, 2 TDs and 4 extra points.  Andrews ran good routes, used his body to shield the ball from defenders, and had impressive YAC.  He was the difference maker in the game.  Doyle?  No, not so much, despite his significant contract.

Doyle has never been thought to be the same kind of player as Andrews.  Doyle does a lot of the little ugly things that don’t show up in the box score.  He’s an old school tightend.

IF Blankenship would have made the field goal, we would have won because of doyle doing that. He got us extra 15 yards.. it was a slight push on the head it was like he through a punch or something. Like I said, if the field goal was made it was cuz of doyle that got that flag thrown

1 hour ago, il vecchio said:

I thought the same think as well. Doyle is becoming a non factor in the passing game

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

I thought the same think as well. Doyle is becoming a non factor in the passing game

He’s not exactly a spring chicken anymore. In fact, this is, in all honesty, probably his last year in the league. Doyle was never a star athlete to begin with, and he’s got plenty of tread on the tires. Not washed up, but “well used”. He’s always been a dependable guy that you don’t shy away from throwing to, but he’s never been a guy who you can incorporate as a weapon of the offense. 

It’s seemed like since Ebron’s big season the offense has used TE’s as primary options less and less. 

Maybe Ebron and Frank broke each other. 

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

I’m not going to % on a guy for one play he made in his many years with the Colts. This isn’t something he regularly does or is known for. It was a bad play but I’m not going to question his character over one play in the hundreds of snaps he has for the Colts. That would be very silly.

I've seen so much Doyle i can guarantee you Doyle risked getting a terrible penalty because that guy laying on the ground EARNED what he got and then some. To believe otherwise is silly!

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Honestly I thought it was a smart move to get a reaction and penalty that saved the drive. Was it ethical idk, was it effective yes

I don’t think Doyle was thinking about getting a reaction when he pushed his head down.  Honestly I think that frustration plus probably some yacking that had been going on and it boiled over.  Pushing his head down was dirty.  However, regardless of if he should have done that or not in the first place football 101 is when another player shoves you in front of officials is to go down like you’ve been shot and if draws the flags every time.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think Doyle was thinking about getting a reaction when he pushed his head down.  Honestly I think that frustration plus probably some hacking that had been going on and if boiled over.  Push his head down was dirty.  However, regardless of if he should have done that or not in the first place football 101 when another player shoves you in front of officials is to go down like you’ve been shocked and if draws the flags every time.

idk Doyle doesn't seem like a player that let's emotions get the better of him, that's why I think it was a calculated move to get a reaction

59 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

He’s lucky — very lucky — that turned out the way it did.  It was a critical game situation and should’ve and could’ve been 15 yards the other way.

Had it been 15 yards against us, I think there's a pretty good possibility that Doyle wouldn't be a Colt as of this morning - be that as it may, had the field goal attempt sailed through the uprights and we'd won, some folks would've wanted him carried off the field alongside Rodrigo!

On 10/12/2021 at 5:42 AM, James said:

Get a grip, Doyle!

Meh. Seen far worse. 

Archived