Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Doyle embarrassing

James

25 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Lol

Yup, Elliot needs to shut the xxxx up lol...

And let's not act like Young isn't one of the more handsy and physical DBs out there. He's had a history of DPIs, many getting there too soon. He's been injured I think the last couple years, but the last year he played the majority of games he was top 10 in DB penalties. And it's not like the Ravens aren't known for cheap shots lol... 

My guess is that he was all over Doyle most of the game beyond 5 yards, and Doyle lost his patience. I don't care to be honest about the head shove. Wasn't like he kicked the dude or spit on him. It's a violent game. Don't be surprised when a little ruckus happens from time to time. 

54 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

And let's not act like Young isn't one of the more handsy and physical DBs out there. He's had a history of DPIs, many getting there too soon. He's been injured I think the last couple years, but the last year he played the majority of games he was top 10 in DB penalties. And it's not like the Ravens aren't known for cheap shots lol... 

My guess is that he was all over Doyle most of the game beyond 5 yards, and Doyle lost his patience. I don't care to be honest about the head shove. Wasn't like he kicked the dude or spit on him. It's a violent game. Don't be surprised when a little ruckus happens from time to time. 

Totally AGREE!!  He is liable to get the same treatment lol. Not to mention Doyle OWES him one anyways.

Isn't that premeditated "taunting/targeting" from Elliot?  What happened to all the fans that wanted smash mouth football from the Colts?

BTW i don't mind what Doyle did at all. No different then some of the 'cakes that Q gives out in a sense. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I just thought it was funny coming from Doyle: something I never would of expected from him.

16 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Totally AGREE!!  He is liable to get the same treatment lol. Not to mention Doyle OWES him one anyways.

Isn't that premeditated "taunting/targeting" from Elliot?  What happened to all the fans that wanted smash mouth football from the Colts?

BTW i don't mind what Doyle did at all. No different then some of the 'cakes that Q gives out in a sense. 

I'm sure they'll definitely be watching Elliot next game we play them lol. Pretty stupid of him IMO. 

Folks clutching pearls over this need to reevaluate if the football is the game for them lol. It just wasn't that bad. 

I deleted the game off my DVR this AM, but can recover it (I love that about Comcast lol)... I'm almost tempted to go back and see if Young was being a pesk earlier in the game.

14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I just thought it was funny coming from Doyle: something I never would of expected from him.

It's definitely not normal from Doyle, which is why I think there might have been more to story on earlier plays.

It wasn't a big deal regardless. Just the pearl clutchers looking for something to clutch... 

Simply unbelievable the amount of cynical people “defending” Doyle’s scumbag behaviour. What the actual ....

For me, I don’t give a toss about it giving the Colts a chance to win. I don’t want to win that way. In that abhorrent fashion. 

There’s being an intimidating and hard nosed football team and then there what Doyle did.

3 minutes ago, James said:

There’s being an intimidating and hard nosed football team and then there what Doyle did.

So would you view Manning trying to get the ball snapped before a defender can get off the field......as intimidating and hard nosed football?

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

So would you view Manning trying to get the ball snapped before a defender can get off the field......as intimidating and hard nosed football?

You’re actually trying to use that to spin the Doyle situation in a positive or logical (or whatever on earth you’re trying) light?

Quit belly-aching. 

That was disgusting by Doyle. 

Just now, James said:

You’re actually trying to use that to spin the Doyle situation in a positive or logical (or whatever on earth you’re trying) light?

Quit belly-aching. 

Its a violent game. What if Jack was merely retaliating? Is it disgusting to defend yourself as well? One way to get the bully to ease up is to hit him in the mouth.... 

3 minutes ago, life long said:

Its a violent game. What if Jack was merely retaliating? Is it disgusting to defend yourself as well? One way to get the bully to ease up is to hit him in the mouth.... 

then both players were wrong.  Jack retaliating doesn’t make his behavior right.  In football retaliating is normally exactly what the bully wants.  The best way to stop a bully in football is to beat them on the scoreboard and with your play.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

then both players were wrong.  Jack retaliating doesn’t make his behavior right.  In football retaliating is normally exactly what the bully wants.  The best way to stop a bully in football is to beat them on the scoreboard and with your play.

I don't expect people here to agree with my thoughts on how football is played. I know my take is more common in what actually happens, than what the casual choir boy fan would understand. What do you think happens in dog pile scrums? They aren't down there telling funny jokes or complimenting each other. Typically its bending fingers and eye gouging. 

8 minutes ago, James said:

Quit belly-aching. 

Please enlighten me as to where I belly ached. I asked you a legit question, and instead of answering, you tried to make it about me. What ever you may or may not feel about Jack Doyle, he is one tough SOB.  

For the record, I happen to love smash mouth football. And I put Manning doing the above posted stint in the same category as Doyle's. I believe it is called gamesmanship. I dislike gamesmanship, but accept that it is a big part of the sport. 

1 minute ago, life long said:

I don't expect people here to agree with my thoughts on how football is played. I know my take is more common in what actually happens, than what the casual choir boy fan would understand. What do you think happens in dog pile scrums? They aren't down there telling funny jokes or complimenting each other. Typically its bending fingers and eye gouging. 

Yeah no it’s not but think what you want.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah no it’s not but think what you want.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2019/12/12/21005035/fumble-pile-violence-nfl-stories

I doubt there is as much violence as the old days but I promise you in a close game many of the same tactics are still used.... but think what you want.

23 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm sure they'll definitely be watching Elliot next game we play them lol. Pretty stupid of him IMO. 

Folks clutching pearls over this need to reevaluate if the football is the game for them lol. It just wasn't that bad. 

I deleted the game off my DVR this AM, but can recover it (I love that about Comcast lol)... I'm almost tempted to go back and see if Young was being a pesk earlier in the game.

It's definitely not normal from Doyle, which is why I think there might have been more to story on earlier plays.

It wasn't a big deal regardless. Just the pearl clutchers looking for something to clutch... 

Last time we played the Ravens Elliot targeted Doyle's head... super cheap shot I'm sure there was some chatter.. 

7 hours ago, James said:

Simply unbelievable the amount of cynical people “defending” Doyle’s scumbag behaviour. What the actual ....

For me, I don’t give a toss about it giving the Colts a chance to win. I don’t want to win that way. In that abhorrent fashion. 

Apparently that is the guy that gave him a concussion last year so payback

7 hours ago, James said:

I don't condone what Doyle did but you have to look at the whole picture. The player he did that too went helmet to helmet on him last year and gave Doyle a concussion. Players don't forget these things. What happened to Doyle was worse last year. 

8 hours ago, James said:

Here's some things to consider.... 

• Young is known for being a handsy, mouthy, guy....
  • The last year Young played a full year, he led the team in penalties, mostly DPI and DHolding (aka being too handsy)
  • Elliot (the guy who complained via twitter) targeted Doyle last year. 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't condone what Doyle did but you have to look at the whole picture. The player he did that too went helmet to helmet on him last year and gave Doyle a concussion. Players don't forget these things. What happened to Doyle was worse last year. 

Wasnt the same guy.  That was the guy who mouthed off on Twitter and pretty much put a giant bullseye on himself for the officials the next time the Colts play the Ravens that if he does anything remotely physical to Doyle a flag will come out.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Wasnt the same guy.  That was the guy who mouthed off on Twitter and pretty much put a giant bullseye on himself for the officials the next time the Colts play the Ravens that if he does anything remotely physical to Doyle a flag will come out.

Oh I thought it was the same guy. Still what happened to Doyle was worse. What Doyle did was dirty though, never said it wasn't.

7 hours ago, life long said:

Sorry to say you are right. I had a friend who played college football, he was D-2 but was a good RB. He told me under piles he had guys bending his fingers and punching down on his hands a lot. 

On 10/13/2021 at 9:13 PM, EastStreet said:

I don't care to be honest about the head shove. Wasn't like he kicked the dude or spit on him. It's a violent game. Don't be surprised when a little ruckus happens from time to time. 

Right.  In the heat of it, you can lose your cool sometimes and that was minor.  The flop bothers me more but to each his own.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:18 PM, Wentzszn said:

Everyone loves a lovable guy that does not fight back. The moment someone sticks up for themselves in real life or fights back, they become a jerk. I am glad then that Doyle chose to be a jerk.

I know because my wife doesn't talk back and lets things slide when someone says something disrespectful while I talk back. She has more friends as a result (being nice when she doesn't need to but she is a bigger person than I am) but I flat out don't care. :) That is how life works.

On 10/13/2021 at 8:39 PM, Wentzszn said:

Lol

This is what people forget, Elliott cheap shot Doyle last season and was fined for it, not a little shove full on cheap shot so for Elliott to complain and whine is laughable, he scares no one....what a tool. What is good for one is good for the other.

22 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Please enlighten me as to where I belly ached. I asked you a legit question, and instead of answering, you tried to make it about me. What ever you may or may not feel about Jack Doyle, he is one tough SOB.  

For the record, I happen to love smash mouth football. And I put Manning doing the above posted stint in the same category as Doyle's. I believe it is called gamesmanship. I dislike gamesmanship, but accept that it is a big part of the sport. 

No, it’s not gamesmanship. 
Flopping/diving or being a violent scumbag should have no place in this game.

Asisine stance you take, and obviously it’s a hill you’re willing to die in. Which is truly baffling to me.

Gamesmanship... wth.

I simply don’t get how you can even remotely defend this, so for me your example is nothing but you belly-aching.

No point in discussing it further with you I tell unfortunately.

14 hours ago, Stephen said:

Apparently that is the guy that gave him a concussion last year so payback

No, it wasn’t the same guy.

And wth is with this eye for an eye philosophy people seem to have?

Doyle’s actions are justified because it was... payback? Because the Ravens player last time was also a massive scumbag?

Nice logic. Sound way of thinking.

2 hours ago, James said:

No, it wasn’t the same guy.

And wth is with this eye for an eye philosophy people seem to have?

Doyle’s actions are justified because it was... payback? Because the Ravens player last time was also a massive scumbag?

Nice logic. Sound way of thinking.

It should be an eye for an eye...in all aspects of life. If someone wants to ruin someone's life...pay back is a bit....

9 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Right.  In the heat of it, you can lose your cool sometimes and that was minor.  The flop bothers me more but to each his own.

Flop was pretty funny to me. I'd bet a decent amount if you went back and looked, Young was probably handsy and mouthy as hell on Doyle and the refs weren't calling it. Doyle probably just lost his cool, and then took the flop opportunity to get a call since previous stuff was ignored. Overall, just not a big deal at all. And the push on Young's head wasn't even bad in the first place. Not like he bounced his head into the ground or something. 

4 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

It should be an eye for an eye...in all aspects of life. If someone wants to ruin someone's life...pay back is a bit....

The extremes in this nonsense argument are funny.     

It had nothing to do with ruining anyone's life on either side.    These guys play a violent sport and have a history.   It's really not that confusing

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The extremes in this nonsense argument are funny.     

It had nothing to do with ruining anyone's life on either side.    These guys play a violent sport and have a history.   It's really not that confusing

Agreed is it really so hard to say Doyle was wrong to shove a guys head and at the sametime was right to act like he had been shot when the dude pushed him?  

Yes Doyle did something wrong.  I am sure the coaches reminded him that something like that can really hurt his team if the officials catch it and he has to keep his cool and I am sure Doyle understands.  It doesn’t make Doyle a dirty player.  He just lost his cool.  It happens to the best players in football.  Anyone remember the classic clip of Peyton blowing up on Jeff Saturday until Glenn (rightfully so) told Peyton to go sit down.  These guys are human it happens.  Also, no Doyle wasn’t trying to bait the guy.  First Doyle doesn’t have a history of doing that and second if the official caught what he did that flags comes out on him.  Given that they were trying to mount a game winning drive that’s too big of a risk to take.  Doyle just simply lost his cool.

By the same token ALL coaches teach you not to react to someone doing stupid stuff but if a player puts their hands on you sell it to try to dry the flag and gain the advantage.  That’s sports 101 and it’s not dirty or cheap to do.  If you don’t sell it the officials probably won’t throw the flag.  It’s part of the game.  Also, it’s easy for the other team to avoid, simply keep your cool and don’t put your hands on a dude post whistle.

the extremes of Eye for an eye or Doyle is some how a dirty player are just that extremes.  The truth is like I said Doyle lost his cool and then did exactly what he should have when the ravens player retaliated.  

On 10/14/2021 at 4:31 PM, James said:

Dude stay woke. 

It should've been 25,000, Doyle damn near got his head taken off, anything less than that is a joke. That was an extreme dangerous shot he took. What Doyle did is peanuts compared to what happened to him.

I doubt Colts players read this site but I am guessing maybe 1 or 2 do, I am pulling a Dungy and saying the secondary is soft. 

Archived