Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jdubu said:

I’m in the same camp. CB has said trenches first. However, there looks to be some absolute fantastic WR’s left, Delpit still on the board and the TE’s. We definitely have options that in most drafts, would be first rounders. 

We've got 2 second rounders so...........I'm thinking between OL, WR, and CB.  I don't really know the defensive players this year as far as the DE are concerned.  If there's any nice ones out there then I guess that's a possibility too.  It's weird that so far there's only been 1 pass rusher taken.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rodgers just led his team to the NFC Title Game and is healthy. This pick makes ZERO sense. He still has at least 3 or 4 good to great years left. Love will be drinking coffee on the sideline and holding a clipboard for a long while. Rodgers is a top 5 QB in the league with ease.

And Love will probably need all that time to be ready.  Lol    

Just now, shastamasta said:

There has to be more to it...injuries or something behind the scenes. Perhaps a messy divorce is in the future.

Honestly, that's Rodgers' team and  LeFleur might want his own QB. Love sits behind Rodgers this season and GB tries to trade Rodgers in the offseason.

Greenbay was afraid the colts were going to move up. He fell far enough that should of been a trade up if he truly liked him. If he liked him shame on him for not trading up a few spots.  You can’t wait and be passive. Poor Rogers needs WR lol. Hopefully this means Ballard was not sold on him rather then him being passive.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

How would you guys feel if we trade #34 for a 2021 1st and say 2020 4th rounder?

It’s one thing to want to, it’s another thing to have another team willing to do it.    It takes two.

Why would we do this in a year where we are acting as if we’re all in on 2020?  Unless you think there’s not going to be a season this year? 

Folks we have to console ourselves. Ballard had two opportunities to draft Love. With the #13 overall pick and trading the #34 and #44 picks would have gotten Ballard back into the 1st round to take Love. Ballard passed up on both opportunities. 

He never saw Love as a franchise QB.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Greenbay was afraid the colts were going to move up. He fell far enough that should of been a trade up if he truly liked him. If he liked him shame on him for not trading up a few spots.  You can’t wait and be passive. Poor Rogers needs WR lol. Hopefully this means Ballard was not sold on him rather then him being passive.

GB traded just ahead of SEA, one of our rumored contacts.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Oh, Dear God!      :facepalm:

Rodgers needs run defense  to. They always getting  ran over. Hope we trade up for swift.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

It’s one thing to want to, it’s another thing to have a team willing to do it. 

Why would we do this in a year where we are acting as if we’re all in on 2020?  Unless you think there’s not going to be a season this year? 

I'm not saying I would want that, just seeing what peoples thoughts on if the possibility came up.

Only thing temptimg about it, is it gives us (2) 1st rounders next year to try and move up for Lawrence/Fields? Whoever.

I fully expect someone to help the team this year, or future QB.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

CB... I assume? Diggs? Or the Auburn guy... 

they really needed both OL and DL. 

a little surprised they took Wilson though. Thought Cleveland was a bit better, was a bit more flexible in terms of position. Good pick up though.

I don’t think Ballard was that invested in Love but Green Bay may have believed the rumors and hype and jumped the gun.  

Just now, chad72 said:

Yetur Gross Matos??

I don't know any of these guys this year for the pass rushers.  Is the class kind of weak?   I'm sort of taking it that way because only 1 team has drafted a DE or OLB so far.

Archived