Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

5th year option is average of top 5 contracts.

I'm sure that number would be $30m +

Top 5 contracts at the position.   Right now, is there even ONE WR who makes $30m?   Not that I’m aware of.

Is it possible 5 years from now?   Sure, it’s possible, but I don’t think it’s likely.   Right now a contract of 5/100 is considered big.   Hard to see the average going up that high, that fast.   

Just my two cents, and often not worth that much.    :thmup:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Nope it's Jordan Love. I'm glad he gets to go to a place that won't force him to play this year because he is not ready.

I see him more as a Colin Kaepernick with less athleticism than the Patrick Mahomes comparison everybody is throwing around.

Don't know how Aaron Rodgers is going to feel about this though...

People forget Kaep has an arm just not top of the line accuracy or vision.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Top 5 contracts at the position.   Right now, is there even ONE WR who makes $30m?   Not that I’m aware of.

Is it possible 5 years from now!   Sure, it’s possible, but I don’t think it’s likely. 
Rught now a contract of 5/100 is considered big.   Hard to see the average going up that high, that fast.   

Just my two cents, and often not worth that much.     :thmup:

Was referring to trading up for Love.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Ballards first pick is OL.

Some will have a meltdown when Ballard doesn’t take a QB for awhile.  I think he will take a developmental type like Morgan or Gordon, if he takes any one this year.  But I wouldn’t mind Eason or Hurts. 

Favre didn’t mentor Rodgers & Rodgers has always been called aloof & kinda selfish.  I doubt he’s gonna be enthused to mentor his replacement.  Be interesting to know his contract situation because I’d take him over Rivers as a stop gap or win now QB. 

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Some will have a meltdown when Ballard doesn’t take a QB for awhile.  I think he will take a developmental type like Morgan or Gordon, if he takes any one this year.  But I wouldn’t mind Eason or Hurts. 

Hurts yes eason no

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Ballards first pick is OL.

I’m in the same camp. CB has said trenches first. However, there looks to be some absolute fantastic WR’s left, Delpit still on the board and the TE’s. We definitely have options that in most drafts, would be first rounders. 

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Rodgers is probably  mad

For certain! 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rodgers just led his team to the NFC Title Game and is healthy. This pick makes ZERO sense. He still has at least 3 or 4 good to great years left. Love will be drinking coffee on the sideline and holding a clipboard for a long while. Rodgers is a top 5 QB in the league with ease.

There has to be more to it...injuries or something behind the scenes. Perhaps a messy divorce is in the future.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

December of 2014.   More than 5 years ago when he was young and stupid.  How long you going to hold on to this? 

Archived