Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

Love must really be mediocre because NE and Indy had chances to pick him and they passed over him. 

His velocity is the same as "noodle armed" Jake Fromm.  54 vs 53 Made bad decisions over the middle.  Floaty passes into coverage means picks.  And before someone says he had a strong arm, no he does not.  Its above average.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I don't know any of these guys this year for the pass rushers.  Is the class kind of weak?   I'm sort of taking it that way because only 1 team has drafted a DE or OLB so far.

Both are top 40 on Gil Brandt’s board

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I don't know any of these guys this year for the pass rushers.  Is the class kind of weak?   I'm sort of taking it that way because only 1 team has drafted a DE or OLB so far.

Yes it’s a weak class for pass rushers

Just now, DougDew said:

His velocity is the same as "noodle armed" Jake Fromm.  54 vs 53 Made bad decisions over the middle.  Floaty passes into coverage means picks.  And before someone says he had a strong arm, no he does not.  Its average velocity, and I saw it on the first highlight reel I watched back in November.

And they said earlier (their little panel) he throws the best long ball out of all QBs in the draft....

noodle arm... sheesh..

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Pittman jr or Mims at 34 please

Pittman please!

Just now, ColtsUrUs said:

You got Ballard on the horn? Ask him if jelly or jam on his toast. 

He's more of a marmalade kind of guy.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Greenbay was afraid the colts were going to move up. He fell far enough that should of been a trade up if he truly liked him. If he liked him shame on him for not trading up a few spots.  You can’t wait and be passive. Poor Rogers needs WR lol. Hopefully this means Ballard was not sold on him rather then him being passive.

Like I have said many many times.  U can even check my posts. I don't think Love was ever their choice if they ever were thinking of drafting a qb. If they believed he was the guy, they would have traded up.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

they really needed both OL and DL. 

a little surprised they took Wilson though. Thought Cleveland was a bit better, was a bit more flexible in terms of position. Good pick up though.

I assume it's all because of Henry who is the base of their offense. He needs instant movement and gaps at the LoS, rather than some mobile OT leading the way... once he gets speed Henry is good enough breaking tackles and gaining yards on the second level on his own. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

And they said earlier (their little panel) he throws the best long ball out of all QBs in the draft....

noodle arm... sheesh..

Don't follow.  The pundits on here said that Love had a better arm than Fromm, when they both have the same velocity measured at the combine.  That's all I meant.

Losing Love is no great loss, IMO.

Just now, Stephen said:

I hope we don't  draft james Morgan 

It won’t matter because he’d likely wind up being just a back up QB any way.  Well it would mean one less potential weapon for Rivers next year.  I don’t think Ballard envisioned this year’s draft as the means to obtain the Colts’ next franchise QB.  But maybe he feels he can snag a potential back up from it.

Just now, ColtsUrUs said:

You got Ballard on the horn? Ask him if jelly or jam on his toast. 

That is what he said in video with mcgahee  before  the draft started. He said he was going to watch tape of buckner  and consider  trading back for more picks in draft

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He will probably take a tackle and trade 44 lol. No WR in second.

Odds are if Ballard trades 44, it’s only down further into the 2nd round.  

Odds are incredibly small he’d trade completely out of the 2nd round.  A WR in the second is still possible. 

12 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Folks we have to console ourselves. Ballard had two opportunities to draft Love. With the #13 overall pick and trading the #34 and #44 picks would have gotten Ballard back into the 1st round to take Love. Ballard passed up on both opportunities. 

He never saw Love as a franchise QB.

It wouldn’t have even taken that... you are right, he didn’t want him.!

Archived