Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

43 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Im fine with the pick up of Buckner. However, I’m not a believer in the aging Rivers to do anything special given the drop in WR talent from Chargers to Indy

we beat KC, Houston and Tennessee (3 of the final 4 AFC playoff teams) with Jacoby at QB... our D will be MUCH better this year and I have no doubt that Rivers will be better at QB (and we will have a healthy TY, hopefully).

Not to mention that Rivers had a HORRIBLE O-Line with the Chargers...that will help him a lot, having our O-Line

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

we beat KC, Houston and Tennessee (3 of the final 4 AFC playoff teams) with Jacoby at QB... our D will be MUCH better this year and I have no doubt that Rivers will be better at QB (and we will have a healthy TY, hopefully).

Not to mention that Rivers had a HORRIBLE O-Line with the Chargers...that will help him a lot, having our O-Line

Our D will be better based on what? Just Buckner? 

Who is to say TY remains healthy? Past two seasons he’s gotten nicked up and either missed time or wasn’t able to perform at his previous level. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Who is to say TY remains healthy? Past two seasons he’s gotten nicked up and either missed time or wasn’t able to perform at his previous level. 

I dunno...but, please consider changing your avatar.   ;^)

5 hours ago, Indeee said:

Look, just my opinion here, but this HAS to end. Not just with you but everyone on here regarding LOVE, whether we wanted him or not, whether Ballard got skunked. STOP entertaining this stuff please, stop defending, stop hypothesizing,  stop everything regarding LOVE. It's over, so long, good riddance. There is not enough aspirin in the world to ease this subject. 

Look, just my opinion here, but this HAS to end. Not just with you but everyone on here regarding LOVE, whether we wanted him or not, whether Ballard got skunked. STOP entertaining this stuff please, stop defending, stop hypothesizing,  stop everything regarding LOVE. It's over, so long, good riddance. There is not enough aspirin in the world to ease this subject. 

Dear God,  that was one of the silliest rants I’ve read in nearly eight years here!    These kind of exchanges happen all the time between lots of posters.    You don’t like them, feel free to ignore them. 

Good luck tonight and tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dear God,  that was one of the silliest rants I’ve read in nearly eight years here!    These kind of exchanges happen all the time between lots of posters.    You don’t like them, feel free to ignore them. 

Good luck tonight and tomorrow. 

Seriously dude? How can you ignore them when ever since it was noted that Ballard visited Love twice way back in Feb. something about this guy has been in practically every thread. So short of not even coming on the forums, you are not going to read anything where this guy is mentioned in some way shape or form, so when the pack took him, there should be NO MORE of him period past initial reaction, yet there you are debating over whatever. IMO shouldn't have been as much about him to begin with, but now conspiracy theories on Colts being snaked because the Colts wanted him? THEY DID NOT WANT HIM. Let's move on.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

So, they are drafting a backup QB whose rookie contract may almost expire by the time Rodgers is retired with a first round pick, got it!!! :thmup:

They may have gotten comments from Rogers that he might not play out his contract.  Rogers seemed content with the pick, unlike Favre was with Rogers.

13 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Seriously dude? How can you ignore them when ever since it was noted that Ballard visited Love twice way back in Feb. something about this guy has been in practically every thread. So short of not even coming on the forums, you are not going to read anything where this guy is mentioned in some way shape or form, so when the pack took him, there should be NO MORE of him period past initial reaction, yet there you are debating over whatever. IMO shouldn't have been as much about him to begin with, but now conspiracy theories on Colts being snaked because the Colts wanted him? THEY DID NOT WANT HIM. Let's move on.

Here’s how far off you were in your first post to me.    Chloe and I were not talking much about Love.   We were talking about Chris Ballard!   You know, the General Manager.  

And if you’re going to try and argue that once something happens then we can’t talk about it, we’ll, congratulations, you’ve just elongated more than 50 percent of all thread discussions.

You might want to re-think that. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

another year in the system, our young players maturing and getting better... and yes, Buckner.  The 3T is what really drives a cover 2 D... we won a super bowl with our Tampa 2, once we got Booger to play the 3T... Buckner is a young all pro at the position, he will make the entire D better.

I didnt say TY WOULD stay healthy, i said if/hopefully

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

Its an accurate long ball, that's for sure.  And that is very important.

I was just providing Fromm's velocity relative to Love to give some consolation to the Love fans, that they didn't lose a gunslinger with a cannon.  They lost a gunslinger mind that probably doesn't have the ball velocity to back it up at the moment.  Which might help explain his 2019 season.

What explained last season has been discussed 1000 times. He lost 9.5 or 10 starters, changed all coaches and scheme, his replacement WRs were all terribly slow and small, and his D took a step back putting even more pressure on him. Do that to any QB and they're going to take a step back.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

What explained last season has been discussed 1000 times. He lost 9.5 or 10 starters, changed all coaches and scheme, his replacement WRs were all terribly slow and small, and his D took a step back putting even more pressure on him. Do that to any QB and they're going to take a step back.

I said "help" explain.  Gunslinger with only a pop gun is going to get himself into trouble sometimes when he shouldn't.

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I said "help" explain.  Gunslinger with only a pop gun is going to get himself into trouble sometimes when he shouldn't.

Dude, you really need to give up on this line of debate... It's simply silly given the comps... Here's what all the QBs measured this year, and I've included notable ones in the past. Note Mahomes is only 1 off. Prescott is the same. Jackson is 5 less. Add this into several on ESPN said he's the best long ball thrower in the entire draft. Simply a bad argument...

Here's how he stacked up in 2020

Jacob Eason Washington 59 (Left) 59 (Right)

Jake Luton Oregon State 59 (Left) 56 (Right)

Steven Montez Colorado 58 (Left) 59 (Right)

Kevin Davidson Princeton 57 (Left) 56 (Right)

Justin Herbert Oregon 55 (Left) 54 (Right)

James Morgan Florida International 54 (Left) 54 (Right)

Jordan Love Utah State 54 (Left) 53 (Right)

Jalen Hurts Oklahoma 54 (Left) 51 (Right)

Jake Fromm Georgia 53 (Left) 53 (Right)

Nate Stanley Iowa 52 (Left) 54 (Right)

Anthony Gordon Washington State 52 (Left) 51 (Right)

Brian Lewerke Michigan State 51 (Left) 49 (Right)

Cole McDonald Hawaii 51 (Left) 47 (Right)

Shea Patterson Michigan 50 (Left) 51 (Right)

Kelly Bryant Missouri 47 (Left) 45 (Right)

Joe Burrow – did not throw

Tua Tagovailoa – did not throw

Here's some other notable...

Gardner Minshew Washington State 55 (Left) 53 (Right)

Daniel Jones Duke 53 (Left) 54 (Right)

Drew Lock Missouri 54 (Left) 53 (Right)

Jarrett Stidham Auburn 53 (Left) 52 (Right)

Dwayne Haskins Ohio State 52 (Left) 52 (Right)

Lamar Jackson Louisville 49 (Left) 49 (Right)

Patrick Mahomes Texas Tech 55 (Left) 55 (Right)

Mitch Trubisky North Carolina 51 (Left) 50 (Right)

Deshaun Watson Clemson 45 (Left) 45 (Right)

Jacoby Brissett, North Carolina State 56

Dak Prescott, Mississippi State 54

Jameis Winston, Florida State 55

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Dude, you really need to give up on this line of debate... It's simply silly given the comps... Here's what all the QBs measured this year, and I've included notable ones in the past. Note Mahomes is only 1 off. Prescott is the same. Jackson is 5 less. Add this into several on ESPN said he's the best long ball thrower in the entire draft. Simply a bad argument...

Here's how he stacked up in 2020

Jacob Eason Washington 59 (Left) 59 (Right)

Jake Luton Oregon State 59 (Left) 56 (Right)

Steven Montez Colorado 58 (Left) 59 (Right)

Kevin Davidson Princeton 57 (Left) 56 (Right)

Justin Herbert Oregon 55 (Left) 54 (Right)

James Morgan Florida International 54 (Left) 54 (Right)

Jordan Love Utah State 54 (Left) 53 (Right)

Jalen Hurts Oklahoma 54 (Left) 51 (Right)

Jake Fromm Georgia 53 (Left) 53 (Right)

Nate Stanley Iowa 52 (Left) 54 (Right)

Anthony Gordon Washington State 52 (Left) 51 (Right)

Brian Lewerke Michigan State 51 (Left) 49 (Right)

Cole McDonald Hawaii 51 (Left) 47 (Right)

Shea Patterson Michigan 50 (Left) 51 (Right)

Kelly Bryant Missouri 47 (Left) 45 (Right)

Joe Burrow – did not throw

Tua Tagovailoa – did not throw

Here's some other notable...

Gardner Minshew Washington State 55 (Left) 53 (Right)

Daniel Jones Duke 53 (Left) 54 (Right)

Drew Lock Missouri 54 (Left) 53 (Right)

Jarrett Stidham Auburn 53 (Left) 52 (Right)

Dwayne Haskins Ohio State 52 (Left) 52 (Right)

Lamar Jackson Louisville 49 (Left) 49 (Right)

Patrick Mahomes Texas Tech 55 (Left) 55 (Right)

Mitch Trubisky North Carolina 51 (Left) 50 (Right)

Deshaun Watson Clemson 45 (Left) 45 (Right)

Jacoby Brissett, North Carolina State 56

Dak Prescott, Mississippi State 54

Jameis Winston, Florida State 55

Nah, you're just not seeing it correctly.   I see 55 as about the low cutoff for hero ball.  54 is game manager worthy.  The guy's gotta rethink his game, unless he wants to have his success by being an athlete like like Watson and Lamar. 

Mahomes succeeds by getting out of the pocket.  He's not great when he stays in it, in part because his ball velocity is on the cusp.

Look at this material in the thread I started.  Most of the successful throwing QBs are in the upper 50s.

The #Patriots and #Colts are two teams looking to trade down for more picks on Day 2 of the draft, according to 

@AlbertBreer

Patriots currently have 5 picks on Day 2. Colts have 3 such picks. The #Jaguars, #Broncos and #Falcons are teams looking to trade up.

I say trade with Broncos to 46 snd one of their 3 3rds 

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Nah, you're just not seeing it correctly.   I see 55 as about the low cutoff for hero ball.  54 is game manager worthy.  The guy's gotta rethink his game, unless he wants to have his success by being an athlete like like Watson and Lamar. 

Mahomes succeeds by getting out of the pocket.  He's not great when he stays in it, in part because his ball velocity is on the cusp.

Look at this material in the thread I started.  Most of the successful throwing QBs are in the upper 50s.

There is literally 1 MPH difference between Love and Mahomes. Love is 9 more than Watson. Brees was 52.... 

And nobody wants a QB to play hero ball... He's got plenty enough arm, just needs to work on decision making. If he has an OL and weapons, he'll have zero problem. Again, horrible argument. I see it just fine.

Here's a good article for you

BALL VELOCITY NUMBERS ARE LYING TO YOU

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/ball-velocity-numbers-are-lying-to-you

36 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There is literally 1 MPH difference between Love and Mahomes. Love is 9 more than Watson. Brees was 52.... 

And nobody wants a QB to play hero ball... He's got plenty enough arm, just needs to work on decision making. If he has an OL and weapons, he'll have zero problem. Again, horrible argument. I see it just fine.

Please.  They're not lying.  They are what they are, but we all know that ball velocity is just one of many things. 

More info:  Goff 58, Wentz 58, Foles 57.

Just saying, if all of these conversations about Love over the past months included the fact that his ball speed is a lot slower than Nick Foles' and basically the same as Jake Fromm's, some of those conversations would have a different tone, IMO.

Again, I bring it up mainly as consolation for the fans who were banking on Love.

57 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The decision making is what worried me

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It's the deepest draft, period, that I've seen in many, many years. There are a TON of guys who have the ability to develop into productive players in this league still left, and that's going to extend well into the 2nd half of the draft.

And we're not even talking, yet, about the UDRFAs when the draft concludes.

40 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Please.  They're not lying.  They are what they are, but we all know that ball velocity is just one of many things. 

More info:  Goff 58, Wentz 58, Foles 57.

Just saying, if all of these conversations about Love over the past months included the fact that his ball speed is a lot slower than Nick Foles' and basically the same as Jake Fromm's, some of those conversations would have a different tone, IMO.

Again, I bring it up mainly as consolation for the fans who were banking on Love.

a 1 mph dif from Mahommes. Same as Prescott. Much better than Jackson and Watson.

And..... folks saying he throws the best long ball of this year's QBs...... just stop... 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Day 2 starting now 

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

· 1m

With the second round about to get underway, the Bengals will stand pat and pick at No. 33.

Mainly because their owner wants to ask for an arm And a leg in a trade

Archived