Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Pittman is gonna be a beast so will Taylor yes 926 carries id be worried about that too which I imagine is why he didn't go first round this is why as a rookie Mack will likely still start and Taylor will be number 2 atleast at the start of the season.

Yup, Pittman should be an immediate impact for us, and gives us a lot of flexibility. I like him much better than Funch. 

Agree on working Taylor in. I'd start him out with 30ish % of the carries for the first 1/3 of the season and work him up from there. I need to dig on his injury history if he has one. Should be a great 1-2 punch. I just really hope he can catch.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

They had like 15 picks so I would think they would.

Funny enough Saints had only 4 but did well for what they had. 

I would agree.  A couple teams I can't figure out is the Patriots and Packers.  Like wth?

59 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you, Dan. Yeah, I read that. I also read that Thaddeus Moss signed with Washington.

Would you know if Adrian Killans signed with anyone?

Btw, you have a beautiful dog.

The dog belongs to one of my friends. He's going to Eagles.

16 hours ago, chad72 said:

I swear I could draft like DeCosta and the Vikings GM if I trust the scouting services I pay for, all fan favorites, LOL :) 

Many Vikings fans are not happy, calling for the owner to fire Rick Spielman, the GM. Lol. 

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Many Vikings fans are not happy, calling for the owner to fire Rick Spielman, the GM. Lol. 

I think the way Rick collected fourth round and fifth round picks in next draft, it looks like he firmly believes in managing next draft and beyond. 

I'm pretty sure Zim and Rick will get multi year extensions soon. If Kirk has got that, it only makes sense they both get too. 

I don't remember when Vikings fans were happy. Even during Keenum's miraculous season, they were complaining it was all going to end in heartbreak rather than enjoying the season while it lasts, and they were "right". 

60 years of Zero super bowl trophy has created that mentality, I guess. 

I read the draft feedback in this Colts forum, and they are all hundred times, if not thousands, more optimistic than Vikings fans ever have been.

Give this Colts rookie class to Vikings or similar tailored to Vikings needs, you'd hear so much complaints about the positions that were not addressed and their own favorite players who weren't picked when they were sitting on the board while Vikings were on the clock. Even with 15 draft picks (Guinness books record in 7-round draft era), fans find a way to emphasize the positions not addressed and the weaknesses in the roster.

It's a whole world of difference between this one and Vikings forum. Maybe, if Vikings finally win one someday, people will settle down and take it more realistically and positively.

5 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I don't remember when Vikings fans were happy. Even during Keenum's miraculous season, they were complaining it was all going to end in heartbreak rather than enjoying the season while it lasts, and they were "right". 

60 years of Zero super bowl trophy has created that mentality, I guess. 

I read the draft feedback in this Colts forum, and they are all hundred times, if not thousands, more optimistic than Vikings fans ever have been.

Give this Colts rookie class to Vikings or similar tailored to Vikings needs, you'd hear so much complaints about the positions that were not addressed and their own favorite players who weren't picked when they were sitting on the board while Vikings were on the clock. Even with 15 draft picks (Guinness books record in 7-round draft era), fans find a way to emphasize the positions not addressed and the weaknesses in the roster.

It's a whole world of difference between this one and Vikings forum. Maybe, if Vikings finally win one someday, people will settle down and take it more realistically and positively.

I think Colts fans trust Chris Ballard and that is why the comments seem so much more positive and optimistic. When Ryan Grigson was the GM, it was actually worse than the complaints by Vikings fans. (Maybe you can check back to 2015 when Grigson selected Philip Dorsett, passing on players the fans wanted like Mack Brown, our very own Eric Kendricks and the safety Collins that the Giants moved up for to draft.) Come back here when the Colts lose. You will see that this forum is not too different than Daily Norseman.

I believe a large percentage of Vikings fans want change. Spielman has been at least co-GM since 2006 or 2007. I like Spielman and believe he is underrated as a GM, especially in the eyes of our fans. I want him to continue as GM for as long as possible, but I believe that unless we win a Super Bowl, we will continue to hear complaints from other fans and calls to "Phyre Ryck".

True, I read few comments about the past drafts and the worst picks in history thread here. 

I agree fans here respect Chris Ballard and have faith in the process due to how well the players who get drafted fare and how the well-found HC and his staff groom the players and do more with less generally. That definitely helps in taking the picks in positive attitude. 

I think Vikings fans are generally spoiled now by GM Rick Speilman for getting 10+ draft selections every season (even though many don't like trading down), that if a new GM is selected and he picks only 6-8 picks, and when the draft goes without a single incident until our team's on the clock, imagine how worse the fans would feel. 

Vikings Fans have totally forgot getting less than 7-8 draft picks, and if we get only 2-3 promising players in a draft, that would call for a riot. 

That said, I'd have liked a Guard in second round or an elite defensive lineman like Fulton or Gallimore rather than Ezra Cleveland. I have a feeling he wouldn't turn out to be like Brian O'Neill, whom I liked when he was drafted. All OTs after the top 4 in this draft class seem to be overrated and have lot of improvements needed to be a successful starter. Whether they become one might be a big question, hopefully Cleveland does. 

Though our OL is still up in the air, I like how all other positions are addressed. Especially like Troy Dye, Kenny Willekes, DJ Wonnum, James Lynch, Dantzler, Gladney picks. Also, picking up Quartney Davis and Myles Dorn as UDFAs. Good defensive draft again, much needed improvement in DL. I like the idea of having Barr, Kendricks and Dye on the middle of the defense at the same time on the field - Kendricks and Dye would be explosive. 

Maybe, they're really moving to Seattle 4-3 UNDER scheme, where Barr would be on the front edge, Kendricks and Dye would govern the second level. Corners are also better in run support, hopefully they develop quickly in coverage. We have a plenty of defensive linemen now for rotation. 

Cousins and Cook will need to step in all tough matchups. 

Archived