Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, shastamasta said:


He’s going to turn 24...hard to imagine how much more strength he can add to his frame. But hopefully he can at least be depth.

Keep in mind the difference in quality of coaching and training he will get. I doubt Ball State has a great program that gets the best out of their talent. He can still get stronger in an NFL weight room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ballard for two guys that will contribute day one.    

By the end of today, Goodell will be reading the picks from his bed

Buckner is a freakin all-pro. Relax.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Cephus gone too... 

 Def would have gone higher if not for the off the field stuff. 
 

I like DPJ, Collin Johnson, KJ Hill and Quez Watkins are some WRs left that I like. That being said CB will prob draft something out of left field lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stitches said:

Keep in mind the difference in quality of coaching and training he will get. I doubt Ball State has a great program that gets the best out of their talent. He can still get stronger in an NFL weight room.

Not to mention the switch from TE to OL during his time at BSU

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 Def would have gone higher if not for the off the field stuff. 
 

I like DPJ, Collin Johnson, KJ Hill and Quez Watkins are some WRs left that I like. That being said CB will prob draft something out of left field lol

Didn't know he has off-field stuff... (Collin Johnson went to the Jags 10-15 minutes ago)

 

Still some nice talent at WR left. I wouldn't mind picking DPJ, Hill... Hightower, Coulter...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would rather have Eason than Fromm. I don't see what people see in Fromm? 

 

Fromm has the intangibles. He is smart and is a leader. He won in college. But he lacks the arm and athleticism. Most fans like flashy players. I like smart players who are leaders. I like game managers. Lol.

 

I wanted the Vikes to use one of their 17 draft picks on Fromm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Keep in mind the difference in quality of coaching and training he will get. I doubt Ball State has a great program that gets the best out of their talent. He can still get stronger in an NFL weight room.


That’s true. But Pinter would be a massive outlier for that program. If it was a coaching issue... there would be BSU players being developed somewhere in the NFL.

 

They probably said the same thing about Robert Brewster when he was drafted by DAL...was out of the league in two years.

 

I will keep an open mind...probably ticketed for the PS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Oh damn, Hightower just got picked by the Eagles.

 

Hand gone too... There aren't many long corners left in the draft.

 

 


Eagles traded with 49ers for Marquise Goodwin too

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

Fromm has the intangibles. He is smart and is a leader. He won in college. But he lacks the arm and athleticism. Most fans like splashy players. I like smart players who are leaders. I wanted the Vikes to use one of their 17 draft picks on Fromm. 

The big question with most of the guys picked today is the same one College Freshman have to answer

    Can they handle going from a Big fish to a small fish

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shastamasta said:


That’s true. But Pinter would be a massive outlier for that program. If it was a coaching issue... there would be BSU players being developed somewhere in the NFL.

 

They probably said the same thing about Robert Brewster when he was drafted by DAL...was out of the league in two years.

 

I will keep an open mind...probably ticketed for the PS.

I think you are probably undervalueing him. He's likely going to be on the roster. We lost a lot of depth there and there will be one more roster spot for OL in the new CBA... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stitches said:

Oh damn, Hightower just got picked by the Eagles.

 

Hand gone too... There aren't many long corners left in the draft.

 

 

 

Do you like the Vikes' draft? Who is this guys they drafted in the 4th, DJ Wonnum?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Fromm has the intangibles. He is smart and is a leader. He won in college. But he lacks the arm and athleticism. Most fans like flashy players. I like smart players who are leaders. I like game managers. Lol.

 

I wanted the Vikes to use one of their 17 draft picks on Fromm. 

I think he would have been a good fit with you guys as a backup. Lots of playmakers if he had to play....play inside minimum 9 games a year. That said I don’t think he can make all the throws at an NFL level. The offense would be limited with him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Fromm has the intangibles. He is smart and is a leader. He won in college. But he lacks the arm and athleticism. Most fans like splashy players. I like smart players who are leaders. I wanted the Vikes to use one of their 17 draft picks on Fromm. 

You already have this guy star trek slapping GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I’d be fine with K J Hill but I wonder if they’re happy with TY, Pascal, Parris and Pittman along with Fountain in the wings


I want Isaiah Hodgins WR out of Oregon State. Mostly because I want someone from my Alma mater on the team but would Also be another tall reciever in the room

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stitches said:

I think you are probably undervalueing him. He's likely going to be on the roster. We lost a lot of depth there and there will be one more roster spot for OL in the new CBA... 

Outside of Patterson and possibly Eldrenkamp that are many guys coming in as replacements

 

      I see Pinter as the next Haeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dgambill said:

I think he would have been a good fit with you guys as a backup. Lots of playmakers if he had to play....play inside minimum 9 games a year. That said I don’t think he can make all the throws at an NFL level. The offense would be limited with him.


I still remember someone commenting at the combine that Fromm had to give everything he had, exercising lots more effort to get acceptable velocity on his throws at the combine. In other words, it wasn’t effortless like a Jordan Love, Justin Herbert or Eason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Didn't know he has off-field stuff... (Collin Johnson went to the Jags 10-15 minutes ago)

 

Still some nice talent at WR left. I wouldn't mind picking DPJ, Hill... Hightower, Coulter...

Damn I missed that. Jags doing pretty well this draft 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Oh damn, Hightower just got picked by the Eagles.

 

Hand gone too... There aren't many long corners left in the draft.

 

 

That is why I love you man, you bring up guys I have never heard of and I have watched football for 42 years. When I think of Hightower, I think of Police Academy lmao 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not good if Eason is the future for NE or CK

 

If they picked a QB early (top 20 pick) you could be thinking about them as the QB of the future.  In the 5th round I view him as competition for backup or a gamble on development.  I doubt they are considering him the future at this point.  But we can't keep 4 QBs, so one way or another, one of JB, CK, Eason won't be on the final roster.

 

The good thing about gambling on him in the 5th is that it will be easier to move on should a better opportunity present itself in the 2021 draft.  Had we spent major draft capital on a 2nd-tier QB this year (which IMO were all but Burrow and maybe Tua), then it would be harder to move on should a better opportunity be available.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:


I still remember someone commenting at the combine that Fromm had to give everything he had, exercising lots more effort to get acceptable velocity on his throws at the combine. In other words, it wasn’t effortless like a Jordan Love, Justin Herbert or Eason.

That is not good for someone going to Buffalo 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

CK is not going anywhere. He is the backup. Eason is the developmental guy.

3 QBs will  be on the new roster of 55.

Brissett is gone, one way or another, traded or released.

 

The roster limit will continue to be 53 for 2020, but two players from the practice squad may be brought up to increase roster sizes to 55 on game day, with those two players reverting back to the practice squad after the game. Practice squads will also be increased in size from 10 players to 12.  Active game day rosters will also grow from 46 to 48, provided one of those extra players activated is an offensive lineman.

 

Who sees

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ponyboy said:

 

If they picked a QB early (top 20 pick) you could be thinking about them as the QB of the future.  In the 5th round I view him as competition for backup or a gamble on development.  I doubt they are considering him the future at this point.  But we can't keep 4 QBs, so one way or another, one of JB, CK, Eason won't be on the final roster.

 

The good thing about gambling on him in the 5th is that it will be easier to move on should a better opportunity present itself in the 2021 draft.  Had we spent major draft capital on a 2nd-tier QB this year (which IMO were all but Burrow and maybe Tua), then it would be harder to move on should a better opportunity be available.

 

4th

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Do you like the Vikes' draft? Who is this guys they drafted in the 4th, DJ Wonnum?

I really like your draft. You are getting some favorites of mine and players I wanted on the Colts. Wonnum might be my least favorite pick to be fair. He's the type that Ballard likes but I think is limited(Basham, Tyquan Lewis type), the type that looks athletic on paper, but doesn't show it well on the field. The type that doesn't do anything exceptionally well. I might be wrong though so... take that with a bit of salt.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Oh damn, Hightower just got picked by the Eagles.

 

Hand gone too... There aren't many long corners left in the draft.

 

@NFLfan you got another one of the long corners.


I swear I could draft like DeCosta and the Vikings GM if I trust the scouting services I pay for, all fan favorites, LOL :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think you are probably undervalueing him. He's likely going to be on the roster. We lost a lot of depth there and there will be one more roster spot for OL in the new CBA... 

 

Of course I probably am...but what do I know...lol

 

I just think he’s very raw...especially for G...which is what he will have to play. Can’t imagine we see him on the field for a year or two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

The roster limit will continue to be 53 for 2020, but two players from the practice squad may be brought up to increase roster sizes to 55 on game day, with those two players reverting back to the practice squad after the game. Practice squads will also be increased in size from 10 players to 12.  Active game day rosters will also grow from 46 to 48, provided one of those extra players activated is an offensive lineman.

 

Who sees

OK.

I get a little "carried way" when I think about the team keeping Brissett.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why I love you man, you bring up guys I have never heard of and I have watched football for 42 years. When I think of Hightower, I think of Police Academy lmao 

 

RPfyauC.gif

 

He was a Colt football player... ;)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

Of course I probably am...but what do I know...lol

 

I just think he’s very raw...especially for G...which is what he will have to play. Can’t imagine we see him on the field for a year or two. 

Well, that's the hope... that we don't need him for the next year or two. Let him develop behind that monster line and then if he does well with his development let him take the spot of Glowinski when his contract is over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chad72 said:


I still remember someone commenting at the combine that Fromm had to give everything he had, exercising lots more effort to get acceptable velocity on his throws at the combine. In other words, it wasn’t effortless like a Jordan Love, Justin Herbert or Eason.

He definitely won’t be playing in SEC weather conditions in Buffalo. Arm strength, hand size, offense not a ball control dink and dunk, not tons of playmakers. Like I said...strikes me a cerebral qb like McElroy but just doesn’t have nfl talent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

The roster limit will continue to be 53 for 2020, but two players from the practice squad may be brought up to increase roster sizes to 55 on game day, with those two players reverting back to the practice squad after the game. Practice squads will also be increased in size from 10 players to 12.  Active game day rosters will also grow from 46 to 48, provided one of those extra players activated is an offensive lineman.

 

Who sees


So in theory...you would have a couple of PS guys dressing each game as depth for other positions...while allowing for 3 QBs. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Sure.  He can backup Eason on the practice squad 
    • There is nothing more vital than QBs and receiving talent.
    • Yeah, that's what I got from his press-conference too. That's what I got from Ballard's presser earlier this month too - he will prefer addressing QB with a vet.    Yep. Ballard said something similar to that effect too - they think they are close. I think they are somewhat close, but I do think several positions(most important ones) need addressing and we will need injury luck. I don't think we are Matt Stafford away. I think we are Matt Stafford, good LT, good WR, good DE and good CB away... and that's assuming good health. In essence, my position right now is - if you are getting Stafford, you better be ready to address all those other positions or you are wasting your resources on a team that will ultimately come short.    That's the thing. I think there is a good option. Not ideal, but good. It's trading up in the draft for one of the top 4 prospects. I think all of them are high level prospects that can be franchise QBs. This is a good draft. This is the type of draft you trade up in for the guy you love. Here comes the less than ideal part - this would mean we probably take a slight step back next year. But again... we have SO MANY high value positions unaddressed that we might take a step back either way unless we are ready to go all in with Stafford. Right at this moment we are a worse team than last year. Our franchise LT just retired. Our QB just retired. We have TY, Houston, Autry, Rhodes, Walker, Carrie, Muhammad, Burton, Alie Cox ... to re-sign. So... our best WR, both our starting DEs, both our starting outside corners(by the end Carrie was getting more snaps than Rock), 2 of 3 TEs, our starting MIKE, our backup DE...   In essence we have 70M cap to address: QB, LT, 2xDE, 2xCB, MIKE, 1 or 2 WRs, possibly TE... I'm not sure we will be able to.    Holy moly, the more I look at our situation the more I don't like where we are and the more I think Stafford won't be enough to even get us to this year's level. I don't know... I have to rethink things... I might do another mock off-season post Senior Bowl to put my thoughts on paper and see how it shakes up if we have to trade up multiple high level picks for Stafford. 
    • Judging by what Irsay had to say at his year ender,  it doesn't look like that Ballard will wait to the draft to pull the trigger, unless he strikes out in a trade for every veteran we've talked about.   From Stafford, to Rodgers, to Ryan,  to Carr,  to Garropolo and so on....   Irsay was saying he, Ballard and Frank all think they're close.  (his words)  So, the quickest and most direct path to future success is a trade for a veteran (my words, but his implication)    Irsay didn't rule out a draft pick in April.     I suspect you're old enough to understand the concept I'm about to address.   I think one of the most interesting concepts adults deal with in all walks of life is that sometimes,  there are no good options.   There are only poor options or bad options.  And the job is to try and figure out which option is the least bad.   I'm not just talking sports,  but all things in life.   Sometimes there just are no good options.   And, I think the Colts are pretty close to being there.   But, you find the best choice there is and chalk it up to the price of doing business in the NFL.     What else can we do?   Sorry if this got preachy....    didn't mean for it to.  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...