Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

7 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

He’s going to turn 24...hard to imagine how much more strength he can add to his frame. But hopefully he can at least be depth.

Keep in mind the difference in quality of coaching and training he will get. I doubt Ball State has a great program that gets the best out of their talent. He can still get stronger in an NFL weight room.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ballard for two guys that will contribute day one.    

By the end of today, Goodell will be reading the picks from his bed

Buckner is a freakin all-pro. Relax.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Cephus gone too... 

Def would have gone higher if not for the off the field stuff. 

I like DPJ, Collin Johnson, KJ Hill and Quez Watkins are some WRs left that I like. That being said CB will prob draft something out of left field lol

Just now, stitches said:

Keep in mind the difference in quality of coaching and training he will get. I doubt Ball State has a great program that gets the best out of their talent. He can still get stronger in an NFL weight room.

Not to mention the switch from TE to OL during his time at BSU

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Def would have gone higher if not for the off the field stuff. 

I like DPJ, Collin Johnson, KJ Hill and Quez Watkins are some WRs left that I like. That being said CB will prob draft something out of left field lol

Didn't know he has off-field stuff... (Collin Johnson went to the Jags 10-15 minutes ago)

Still some nice talent at WR left. I wouldn't mind picking DPJ, Hill... Hightower, Coulter...

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would rather have Eason than Fromm. I don't see what people see in Fromm? 

Fromm has the intangibles. He is smart and is a leader. He won in college. But he lacks the arm and athleticism. Most fans like flashy players. I like smart players who are leaders. I like game managers. Lol.

I wanted the Vikes to use one of their 17 draft picks on Fromm. 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

That’s true. But Pinter would be a massive outlier for that program. If it was a coaching issue... there would be BSU players being developed somewhere in the NFL.

They probably said the same thing about Robert Brewster when he was drafted by DAL...was out of the league in two years.

I will keep an open mind...probably ticketed for the PS.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Oh damn, Hightower just got picked by the Eagles.

Hand gone too... There aren't many long corners left in the draft.

Eagles traded with 49ers for Marquise Goodwin too

Just now, NFLfan said:

Fromm has the intangibles. He is smart and is a leader. He won in college. But he lacks the arm and athleticism. Most fans like splashy players. I like smart players who are leaders. I wanted the Vikes to use one of their 17 draft picks on Fromm. 

The big question with most of the guys picked today is the same one College Freshman have to answer

Can they handle going from a Big fish to a small fish

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

That’s true. But Pinter would be a massive outlier for that program. If it was a coaching issue... there would be BSU players being developed somewhere in the NFL.

They probably said the same thing about Robert Brewster when he was drafted by DAL...was out of the league in two years.

I will keep an open mind...probably ticketed for the PS.

I think you are probably undervalueing him. He's likely going to be on the roster. We lost a lot of depth there and there will be one more roster spot for OL in the new CBA... 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Do you like the Vikes' draft? Who is this guys they drafted in the 4th, DJ Wonnum?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Fromm has the intangibles. He is smart and is a leader. He won in college. But he lacks the arm and athleticism. Most fans like flashy players. I like smart players who are leaders. I like game managers. Lol.

I wanted the Vikes to use one of their 17 draft picks on Fromm. 

I think he would have been a good fit with you guys as a backup. Lots of playmakers if he had to play....play inside minimum 9 games a year. That said I don’t think he can make all the throws at an NFL level. The offense would be limited with him.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Fromm has the intangibles. He is smart and is a leader. He won in college. But he lacks the arm and athleticism. Most fans like splashy players. I like smart players who are leaders. I wanted the Vikes to use one of their 17 draft picks on Fromm. 

You already have this guy star trek slapping GIF

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I’d be fine with K J Hill but I wonder if they’re happy with TY, Pascal, Parris and Pittman along with Fountain in the wings

I want Isaiah Hodgins WR out of Oregon State. Mostly because I want someone from my Alma mater on the team but would Also be another tall reciever in the room

Just now, stitches said:

I think you are probably undervalueing him. He's likely going to be on the roster. We lost a lot of depth there and there will be one more roster spot for OL in the new CBA... 

Outside of Patterson and possibly Eldrenkamp that are many guys coming in as replacements

I see Pinter as the next Haeg

• Like 2
Just now, dgambill said:

I think he would have been a good fit with you guys as a backup. Lots of playmakers if he had to play....play inside minimum 9 games a year. That said I don’t think he can make all the throws at an NFL level. The offense would be limited with him.

I still remember someone commenting at the combine that Fromm had to give everything he had, exercising lots more effort to get acceptable velocity on his throws at the combine. In other words, it wasn’t effortless like a Jordan Love, Justin Herbert or Eason.

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Didn't know he has off-field stuff... (Collin Johnson went to the Jags 10-15 minutes ago)

Still some nice talent at WR left. I wouldn't mind picking DPJ, Hill... Hightower, Coulter...

Damn I missed that. Jags doing pretty well this draft 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

That is why I love you man, you bring up guys I have never heard of and I have watched football for 42 years. When I think of Hightower, I think of Police Academy lmao 

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not good if Eason is the future for NE or CK

If they picked a QB early (top 20 pick) you could be thinking about them as the QB of the future.  In the 5th round I view him as competition for backup or a gamble on development.  I doubt they are considering him the future at this point.  But we can't keep 4 QBs, so one way or another, one of JB, CK, Eason won't be on the final roster.

The good thing about gambling on him in the 5th is that it will be easier to move on should a better opportunity present itself in the 2021 draft.  Had we spent major draft capital on a 2nd-tier QB this year (which IMO were all but Burrow and maybe Tua), then it would be harder to move on should a better opportunity be available.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I still remember someone commenting at the combine that Fromm had to give everything he had, exercising lots more effort to get acceptable velocity on his throws at the combine. In other words, it wasn’t effortless like a Jordan Love, Justin Herbert or Eason.

That is not good for someone going to Buffalo 

26 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

CK is not going anywhere. He is the backup. Eason is the developmental guy.

3 QBs will  be on the new roster of 55.

Brissett is gone, one way or another, traded or released.

The roster limit will continue to be 53 for 2020, but two players from the practice squad may be brought up to increase roster sizes to 55 on game day, with those two players reverting back to the practice squad after the game. Practice squads will also be increased in size from 10 players to 12.  Active game day rosters will also grow from 46 to 48, provided one of those extra players activated is an offensive lineman.

Who sees

• Thanks 1
Just now, ponyboy said:

If they picked a QB early (top 20 pick) you could be thinking about them as the QB of the future.  In the 5th round I view him as competition for backup or a gamble on development.  I doubt they are considering him the future at this point.  But we can't keep 4 QBs, so one way or another, one of JB, CK, Eason won't be on the final roster.

The good thing about gambling on him in the 5th is that it will be easier to move on should a better opportunity present itself in the 2021 draft.  Had we spent major draft capital on a 2nd-tier QB this year (which IMO were all but Burrow and maybe Tua), then it would be harder to move on should a better opportunity be available.

4th

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Do you like the Vikes' draft? Who is this guys they drafted in the 4th, DJ Wonnum?

I really like your draft. You are getting some favorites of mine and players I wanted on the Colts. Wonnum might be my least favorite pick to be fair. He's the type that Ballard likes but I think is limited(Basham, Tyquan Lewis type), the type that looks athletic on paper, but doesn't show it well on the field. The type that doesn't do anything exceptionally well. I might be wrong though so... take that with a bit of salt.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, stitches said:

@NFLfan you got another one of the long corners.

I swear I could draft like DeCosta and the Vikings GM if I trust the scouting services I pay for, all fan favorites, LOL :) 

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Of course I probably am...but what do I know...lol

I just think he’s very raw...especially for G...which is what he will have to play. Can’t imagine we see him on the field for a year or two. 

6 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The roster limit will continue to be 53 for 2020, but two players from the practice squad may be brought up to increase roster sizes to 55 on game day, with those two players reverting back to the practice squad after the game. Practice squads will also be increased in size from 10 players to 12.  Active game day rosters will also grow from 46 to 48, provided one of those extra players activated is an offensive lineman.

Who sees

OK.

I get a little "carried way" when I think about the team keeping Brissett.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why I love you man, you bring up guys I have never heard of and I have watched football for 42 years. When I think of Hightower, I think of Police Academy lmao 

RPfyauC.gif

He was a Colt football player... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Of course I probably am...but what do I know...lol

I just think he’s very raw...especially for G...which is what he will have to play. Can’t imagine we see him on the field for a year or two. 

Well, that's the hope... that we don't need him for the next year or two. Let him develop behind that monster line and then if he does well with his development let him take the spot of Glowinski when his contract is over.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He definitely won’t be playing in SEC weather conditions in Buffalo. Arm strength, hand size, offense not a ball control dink and dunk, not tons of playmakers. Like I said...strikes me a cerebral qb like McElroy but just doesn’t have nfl talent.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Who sees

So in theory...you would have a couple of PS guys dressing each game as depth for other positions...while allowing for 3 QBs. 

• Like 1