Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Nadine

Colts @ Saints Game Day thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

31 teams wanted nothing to do with this guy it’s plenty of chances. Why the hell do we want him? Will we look better losing with him too?

Yet the Colts made him one of the highest paid PS guys, and are keeping him on the 53 now....

 

We may not win with him, but guessing we do better than 5 of 15..... And if he looks bad, at least we know, and can simply cut him.... And if he does well.... 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

20-0 at the half, I actually expected it to be worse.

It should be worse the saints stopped themselves twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, waka waka said:

Who's getting open JB had some bad throws but if you expect Doyle to beat someone with speed? Need pass rush and if like to see more run out of non shotgun looks.

Just tuning in to the game are we? He has missed several wide open 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

No, no, no, man.  Don't go low like that.  It's just plain wrong to hope a player gets carted off.

No player deserves that.

I get it, I really do but when the coaching staff can’t remove the player that’s hurting the team, I don’t know what can be done. I don’t really want any harm to come to JB honestly, I just want him off the field. At this rate, we should have kept Vinny and ran the all garbage team. I’m not too sure what’s going on behind the scenes and decision making but if Reich is going to be so stubborn as to keep playing below avg talent here, why will people keep watching the product? This is just pitiful. I didn’t feel this frustrated during the suck for Luck year because we knew the reason to play crap. This year, we can’t seem to find the logic into playing bad players, whether injuries or talent, JB and Vinny have cost the team this season and our coaches won’t admit they have a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have been saying for months that regardless of who is drafted or whatever, Brissett will be our starting QB in 2020.  I don't think that's a given.  Looks like an open competition is in order.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

Yet the Colts made him one of the highest paid PS guys, and are keeping him on the 53 now....

 

We may not win with him, but guessing we do better than 5 of 15..... And if he looks bad, at least we know, and can simply cut him.... And if he does well.... 

He will never play a meaningful down in the NFL. The QB of the future isn’t on the roster as of yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m sure he will. To say thanks for ruining a once in a generation QB and forcing his early retirement 

Nah.  Luck was a chucker anyway.  We had a lot of 3 and outs and other forms of turnovers when he was here.  Good riddance.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yet the Colts made him one of the highest paid PS guys, and are keeping him on the 53 now....

 

We may not win with him, but guessing we do better than 5 of 15..... And if he looks bad, at least we know, and can simply cut him.... And if he does well.... 

the Colts coaches should be fired if they don’t see what they have in him good or bad the next two weeks.  There is no excuse not too.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MPStack said:


I know right. Can’t wait for the excuses coming. 

 

The never ending train of excuses and denial is mind bending.

 

Unless he turns things around big time, it's going to be hard finding excuses tonight. He has TY and Doyle, and has thrown badly to both... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

31 teams wanted nothing to do with this guy. Some with serious QB needs had plenty of chances. Why the hell do we want him? Will we look better losing with him too?

It doesnt take a veteran NFL scout to watch Kellys play and see he is better than Jacoby and Hoyer. I would bet my paycheck that Kelly can out play both. As for staying out of trouble idk so far so good this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Myles said:

I' m a brees fan.  

 

He seems like a good guy overall but ever since he was one of the most vocal liars about bountygate, I just can't cheer for him at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Teams figured out stack the box and make the Colts beat you throwing and just pick the zone apart and the team has made ZERO adjustments.  Not saying frank should be fired but they have been a major problem lately.

They know if you stop the run #7 damn sure cant shoulder the load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MAv said:

HOYER, is a batter QB, I was hoping  Jacoby broke his legs coming out if the tunnel...

Cool story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, waka waka said:

Who's getting open JB had some bad throws but if you expect Doyle to beat someone with speed? Need pass rush and if like to see more run out of non shotgun looks.

Guys are open. I'm sure someone will post the all22 which will show the same thing we've seen all year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yet the Colts made him one of the highest paid PS guys, and are keeping him on the 53 now....

 

We may not win with him, but guessing we do better than 5 of 15..... And if he looks bad, at least we know, and can simply cut him.... And if he does well.... 

I mean.... hell the Panthers are going to have their practice squad QB start against us next week so why not? It could be the Practice Squad Bowl!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

31 teams wanted nothing to do with this guy. Some with serious QB needs had plenty of chances. Why the hell do we want him? Will we look better losing with him too?

No one wanted Unitas either. Atlanta thought Brett Farve could not play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, relkins said:

What's our half time adjustments? None!

That would be to bench JB. Sadly that wont happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Who cares, that's just one player.  We need a whole defense.  

A bend but don't break works a lot better with an O that can actually function. 

So far, time of possession is 2 to 1. I agree our soft zone is a problem, but you can blame Eberflus for sticking with the scheme.

4 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

He will never play a meaningful down in the NFL. The QB of the future isn’t on the roster as of yet.

Thank you Amazing Kreskin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

She's calling around trying to find reasons to tell us why JB should start all next year while we sit the rook QB we draft.

You should make a fake twitter and post something positive about Brissett tonight, $100 says she would post it here and defend it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MAv said:

I am so tired of the same excuses over and over again...Frank's voice is starting to get on my very last nerve....

I understand that character is important, but I think we are playing guys based on it over talent. The FO is starting to look like some Ned Flanders, Mr. Rogers do gooders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JMichael557 said:

No one wanted Unitas either. Atlanta thought Brett Farve could not play. 

Brett Farve was a 2nd round pick.  2nd!!! Let’s not pretend he was a scrub.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I mean.... hell the Panthers are going to have their practice squad QB start against us next week so why not? It could be the Practice Squad Bowl!

If next week gets out of hand, maybe... But it's a home game and I'm sure they stick with JB short of a horrible disaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fat lady has sung, time to start packing.  Truly embarrassing, a definite high draft.  Hope we get a QB, just any QB will do, Brissett is overwhelmingly under performing, total garbage to be exact...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

A bend but don't break works a lot better with an O that can actually function. 

So far, time of possession is 2 to 1. I agree our soft zone is a problem, but you can blame Eberflus for sticking with the scheme.

Thank you Amazing Kreskin

But Brees is like 19 for 20.  Our O's performance is irrelevant to that.  The main thing it should be doing is trying to make first downs as to limit our bad defense from being too exposed, like we were doing pretty well early in the year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IndySouthsider said:

Brett Farve was a 2nd round pick.  2nd!!! Let’s not pretend he was a scrub.

He was in a car accident before that draft.  That’s why he fell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I get it, I really do but when the coaching staff can’t remove the player that’s hurting the team, I don’t know what can be done. I don’t really want any harm to come to JB honestly, I just want him off the field. At this rate, we should have kept Vinny and ran the all garbage team. I’m not too sure what’s going on behind the scenes and decision making but if Reich is going to be so stubborn as to keep playing below avg talent here, why will people keep watching the product? This is just pitiful. I didn’t feel this frustrated during the suck for Luck year because we knew the reason to play crap. This year, we can’t seem to find the logic into playing bad players, whether injuries or talent, JB and Vinny have cost the team this season and our coaches won’t admit they have a problem. 

This makes no sense.

like it or not, Hoyer and Kelly are worse than our chances with JB. They just are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

This makes no sense.

like it or not, Hoyer and Kelly are worse than our chances with JB. They just are.

That's why your sitting on a couch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I understand that character is important, but I think we are playing guys based on it over talent. The FO is starting to look like some Ned Flanders, Mr. Rogers do gooders.

Oh, but I got lambasted for saying we need tougher players, players that arent all boyscouts and quior boys. That all the fan base seems to want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well right now, we have to throw the ball on almost every down... and the defense have to get off the field...all this running the football is thrown out the window...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where’s that guy that was comparing Brees to Brissett?  

 

He was spot on.  I couldn’t tell the difference between the QBs if it weren’t for the jerseys (sarcasm).
 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...