Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Saints Game Day thread

Nadine

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I totally believe it just with the eye test. It’s been so unbelievably bad. Not just open receivers but complete lapses in coverage.

I think it was 307 yards / game passing the last 3, going up some more.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

JB 21.5 M CAP in 2020

:facepalm:

Nothing can be done about it, except cut JB.  Saves some of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems like Flus has generally done a good job against the run, and when his blitzes have gotten home awesome (most notably against Watson last year and once this year), but in general it seems like his coverages get picked apart. I wonder if that’s not a strong suit of his in terms of coaching/game planning.

30 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

But....but.....Grigson left the team in a mess and after 3 drafts Ballard has done exactly what???

Not much, but I don’t think Ballard is a god either.  We’ll see how he does next year.  Hopefully we don’t have to set through Biscuit for another year.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am really disheartened by this teams epic fall. At 5 and 2, they looked competive.  Honestly, they look like the worst team in the NFL after 14 weeks

I am more frustrated that they look like they have quit.  That’s not a good sign for Frank.  Even Pagano’s teams didn’t quit.

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

If Irsay is as serious about this team as he talks acts like, I think he’ll have to force his hand this offseason and make Ballard do some trading/signing, etc. 

We cannot continue to rely on late round draft picks and hope they pan out. 

Wants to use the cap money to pay their own. Lol!

to be honest the colts secondary is horrible  ballard missed in all his secondary picks rock looks bad hooker is bad wilson is bad  even desir is overrated . kenny moore is the only good player in the secondary the defensive line is bad to sheard is horrible autry is the only slightly good player houston is old and is not even noticeable most of the game the only strength is linebackers have good depth  .  we need full secondary rebuild and defensive line rebuild and wrs rebuild to and new QB

40 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's very relevant. Last year the same D with the same scheme was much more effective because time of possession didn't stress and wear out the D. We've even added upgrades to the D. When you O goes 3 and out most drives, it's incredibly wearing on a D. If you ever played football you know that.

That's what I said.  3 and outs are like turnovers.   (In fact, I'm the only one here who says it). We didn't go 3 and out much early in the year.

Your claim of upgrades being added is purely judgmental.  You have no basis for it. 

In fact, this team looked the same last year against KC, which was a SB contender then, even with Luck at QB.  That says that QB play isn't very important.