Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

LucasOilStadium

So Texans Lose:

-2 1st Round picks

-1 2nd Round pick

-Jadaveon Clowney(Costed the 1st overall pick a few years back)

Texans Gain:

-Laremy Tunsil

-B. Mingo

-Jacob Martin

-Kenny Stills

If Laremy Tunsil is anything short of an All Pro LT for years to come this could be a massive failure haha, who is running the Texans?

• Like 1

QB Tyler Bray was cut by Chicago.

He looked unstoppable against our defense in 3rd preseason game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/31/tyler-bray-among-bears-final-cuts/

And then lit up the Titans...

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/226262/tyler-bray-has-huge-game-loss.php

Tyler Bray has huge game in loss

by Zachary Hanshew |

Bears Correspondent | Fri, Aug 30th

Tyler Bray completed 28 of 40 pass attempts for 334 yards, one TD, and no INTs in the Bears’ loss to the Titans in Thursday’s preseason finale.

Fantasy Impact:

Bray came out slinging the ball and finished with a huge day, despite tossing only one TD. After a preseason battle with Chase Daniel for the Bears' backup QB job, this performance may have been enough to give Bray the edge.

• Like 2

Just now, LockeDown said:

If the Dolphins tank and draft a QB, what about the Colts grabbing Rosen?  I don’t really like the guy but most experts say he’s talented. His intellectual personality might mesh with Reich plus he would be in a good system. Idk, just a thought.

He could be an option for next year 

The moves the  Texans are making are like the fan base is making them.   They aren't close to a superbowl contender,  but are making moves like they are.   2 firsts and a second for a good LT and a good Wr.  The bears got a steal for Mack if you compare the trades

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Lots of potential at CB. Some team will take a shot on him.

Do it Texans.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

So Roland Milligan is the scapegoat that lasts a day or two awaiting the signing of a new QB.....poor guy

Whoever #53 is.  Colts can only dress 46 on game day, so until injuries arise and accumulate, the last group is fairly cemented.

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Does Kelly have to make the team for the suspension to begin?

Yes, you can't be placed on the Reserve/Suspended list without officially making a teams 53 man roster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

giphy.gif

Whoever #53 is.  Colts can only dress 46 on game day, so until injuries arise and accumulate, the last group is fairly cemented.

Yes, you can't be placed on the Reserve/Suspended list without officially making a teams 53 man roster.

This is kind of incorrect. Nobody lost a roster spot do to Kelly having to. be on the roster then be suspended. The colts basically had a 54 person roster.  He goes directly to the suspended list without being on the 53.

19 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

If the Dolphins tank and draft a QB, what about the Colts grabbing Rosen?  I don’t really like the guy but most experts say he’s talented. His intellectual personality might mesh with Reich plus he would be in a good system. Idk, just a thought.

I don't know why everybody is clamoring for Rosen. No, Colts shouldn't grab him. Miami won't give him up until next year at the earliest 

22 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I feel so bad for him. He is now in another bad situation. He needs stability somewhere. If they were smart they would use those picks to build around him not another QB. 

I doubt they would trade him this year. I imagine his contact is pretty big also being the first pick.

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So the Texans also lost their RT

This reminds me of the old Cubs GM who would trade away the house every year for over the hill veterans in the offseason and at the trade deadline.......all to appease the fan base instead of building from the farm system up.....

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I feel so bad for him. He is now in another bad situation. He needs stability somewhere. If they were smart they would use those picks to build around him not another QB. 

I doubt they would trade him this year. I imagine his contact is pretty big also being the first pick.

I meant next year not this year. Teams like the Dolphins and Cardinals don’t have their act together. We do. I’m just saying it might be the only way we get a top QB. He is obviously just a guy that isn’t fitting in and I bet he would here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I don't know why everybody is clamoring for Rosen. No, Colts shouldn't grab him. Miami won't give him up until next year at the earliest 

I was talking about next year. I’m not clamoring. I said I don’t like him but the gurus say on tape he is really good. He just isn’t fitting in because of his personality.  

35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is kind of incorrect. Nobody lost a roster spot do to Kelly having to. be on the roster then be suspended. The colts basically had a 54 person roster.  He goes directly to the suspended list without being on the 53.

During final roster cuts, suspended players (that are not cut/waived) are moved to the Reserve/Suspended list and do not count against the 53-man roster limit. They are not allowed to be around NFL team facilities while being forced to train on their own, absent from their teammates and coaches.

Players on the suspended list are not paid for their time suspended, do not count against the active 53, and their salaries are reduced to reflect the weeks they are suspended.  Kelly has a $570 thousand / year contract for 2019 only, that will be reduced 2 game checks.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/chad-kelly-21995/

which leaves him with just under $503 thousand for 2019 services.

If you don't have a team and a contract, you can't be docked pay and achieve time served satisfying the suspension.  Not sure I ever even mentioned anything about losing a roster spot though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

QB Tyler Bray was cut by Chicago.

He looked unstoppable against our defense in 3rd preseason game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/31/tyler-bray-among-bears-final-cuts/

And then lit up the Titans...

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/226262/tyler-bray-has-huge-game-loss.php

Tyler Bray has huge game in loss

by Zachary Hanshew |

Bears Correspondent | Fri, Aug 30th

Tyler Bray completed 28 of 40 pass attempts for 334 yards, one TD, and no INTs in the Bears’ loss to the Titans in Thursday’s preseason finale.

Fantasy Impact:

Bray came out slinging the ball and finished with a huge day, despite tossing only one TD. After a preseason battle with Chase Daniel for the Bears' backup QB job, this performance may have been enough to give Bray the edge.

the kid could flat-out throw it.  I wouldn't mind using him on our PS.

24 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

the kid could flat-out throw it.  I wouldn't mind using him on our PS.

I suspect Nagy and the Bears want him back on their practice squad (if he is eligible)?

He may be the best passer, in terms of arm strength, available. His accuracy seems to have improved as well.

And at 6' 6"  215. he has all the measurables.

Bray spent much time with KC, so perhaps the connection to Ballard is there?

But Bray is kind of in the same mold as Chad Kelly.

So Ballard may look for a more seasoned vet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

No to Rosen. 

He seems to have underwhelmed on both NFL team so far.

Why take a problem off someone's hands?...and for a significant cost.

More on the Texans getting fleeced...

Not only did they trade Clowney only for a 3rdround pick,

Houston agreed to pay half his 2019 salary. 50/50 with his new team the Seahawks.

If you thought the Texans got fleeced yesterday, you haven’t heard the whole story.

Not only did Houston give Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle and receive only two backups and a third-round draft pick, but Houston is also giving Clowney $7 million.

As part of the Seahawks-Texans trade, Clowney’s pay this season won’t be the usual $15.967 million base salary that comes with the franchise tender. Instead, it will be a $7 million signing bonus paid by the Texans, followed by an $8 million base salary paid by the Seahawks...

...That’s a bizarre concession from Texans coach Bill O’Brien, who now makes the personnel decisions. It would be one thing to move on from Clowney because you want to save the cap space for other players. It’s quite another thing to move on from Clowney and take a $7 million cap hit in the process...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/01/report-texans-seahawks-agreed-to-split-jadeveon-clowneys-2019-pay/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Makes you wonder. I think Miami would be wise to use those picks to help Rosen not bring in another QB.

At this rate, I don't think they'll need to trade up at all. They'll most likely finish in the bottom couple of spots this season anyhow.

13 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Rosen sucks. His first team fired him for a gimmick QB that will bust. His second team benched him for Fitzpatrick. Insulting to Ballard suggesting he would want this bust Rosen. 

Got drafted and thrown into a starting job on a team vacant of almost any offensive talent, then traded to a team without much talent and a tendency to make bad personnel decisions = bust?

The kid was drafted a year ago, knowing that he wasn't ready to start year 1, then tragically mismanaged by 2 teams. Get him on a solid roster with good coaching and he could be really good.

• Like 1

What’s with all the Rosen talk?  Guy seems like another hype job who hasn’t been able to live up to projections.  I’ll bring him in if he’s released or maybe for a late round pick but I’m not giving up anything of good value for him.  One of the big knocks on Rosen coming out was that he came from money & privilege & scouts weren’t sure how much he truly “loved” the game of football...  Didn’t we just have a franchise QB walk away?  I’d roll with JB & CK before I’d pay medium or big for Rosen.  In fact I’d rather wait 2 years for Fields or Lawrence. 

• Like 3