Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

LucasOilStadium

6 hours ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Hi, Colts fans.   Hopefully a winless preseason doesn't reflect a poor regular season by record.  Colts will release and cut players to meet the final 53 man as early as Thursday Night, to meet the NFL mandatory 4:00 PM Saturday Afternoon deadline on August 31.

https://www.colts.com/team/transactions/

Ummmmm

the final score was Colts 13 Bengals 6.... wouldn’t that mean the Colts won and thus are not winless in the preseason(not that it matters) Or am I seeing things?

• Like 9

Can’t help but think that Walker might make the roster the first two weeks.  He doesn’t deserve it, and it would be disastrous if he played.  But would Wheeden or Osweiler be better a week into the system?  At least Walker could run the same system...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shepman said:

I have a feeling based on Phillips performance and team reset that Sheard will be cut.

Doubtful IMO. Sheard sets the edge better than anyone on the roster. He’s been consistent and has a reasonable contract.

However, I’m a fan of Phillips too. :thmup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Ummmmm

the final score was Colts 13 Bengals 6.... wouldn’t that mean the Colts won and thus are not winless in the preseason(not that it matters) Or am I seeing things?

I guess beating the Bengals in a pre-season game is the same as losing?

57 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Should be on a CFL roster sooner rather than later. Don’t know how he’s stuck around so long.

It’s better to have a guy from your PS running your scout team in practice than your second string QB.  Especially when he has to imitate mobile QBs.  

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Can’t help but think that Walker might make the roster the first two weeks.  He doesn’t deserve it, and it would be disastrous if he played.  But would Wheeden or Osweiler be better a week into the system?  At least Walker could run the same system...

That guy is a bum some guys can learn the offense on a fly so i'm sorry but if i'm in Ballard's shoe's i'm not keeping walker he is terrible 82 yards in a half is awful.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

He could run the same system as long as he doesn’t have any routes in the middle of the field. See if Peyton would come back for 2 games lol

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Doubtful IMO. Sheard sets the edge better than anyone on the roster. He’s been consistent and has a reasonable contract.

However, I’m a fan of Phillips too. :thmup:

Can’t see Sheard cut but it’s possible he gets IR and comes back second half fully healed for the run. But you’re right, he set the edge well with just enough penetration skill to be very effective at his job. 

I have enjoyed Phillips as well but does he have enough to get around starting string OT’s? He looks so little on tv. He had a little Mathis type pass rush moves though didn’t he? That rush and knife straight back into the QB for strip sack. Loved it. Rooting for him to make it, just don’t see who they cut to fit him on the team. 

21 minutes ago, Myles said:

I hope Skai Moore makes the team.  

I like this guy as well but like Phillips, who can you cut to make the room? I see PS or he may make someone’s 53. I’m rooting for him too, he has talent to be in this league and maybe if things fall just right for him, he could blossom into a starter somewhere with more playing time. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

actually... no. the 2006 COLTS won the superbowl in 2007.. in Miami

The 2 years we went to the SB, we were 1-3 in pre-season and the SB was in Miami both those years, and this time the SB is in Miami too.

Having said that, here are a few preseason stats to chew on, no team in the last 10 years has won the SB while having a losing record in pre-season, scroll below to read the preseason stat regarding the Jaguars, comical : :) 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/this-one-preseason-stat-might-have-just-eliminated-11-teams-from-winning-the-super-bowl/

So, what this means is that we make it to the SB and lose for all these stats to mean something??? :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

So who gets cut first?

Also, I don't think we'll see the cuts come out until closer to 4pm tomorrow

Technically Mathias Farley and Nate Hairston

It will be hard to tell since more than likely it will be released en masse

3 Jag cuts have already been leaked

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Technically Mathias Farley and Nate Hairston

It will be hard to tell since more than likely it will be released en masse

3 Jag cuts have already been leaked