Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread


LucasOilStadium

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not really. They have Mcnown to backup Wentz. Sudfield will be back by the end of Sept.

 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

they like Sudfield.

Kessler was behind him and McCown IIRC and maybe another guy.

 

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

They talked McCown out of retirement, he only came out to be the backup if imagine, so they are pretty good there, especially once Sudfeld is healthy, which shouldn't be much longer, a month I think.

McCown was brought out of retirement because Kessler had to leave game 2 with a concussion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

 

 

McCown was brought out of retirement because Kessler had to leave game 2 with a concussion 

McCown was brought back more because Sudfield went down. Sudfield was #2 on depth chart for the first preseason game, and McCown coming back sealed Kessler's fate. Kessler was more in competition with Thorson prior to McCown returning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why does this Taylor H Kid not have to clear waivers but Kessler does? Can someone explain that to me?

tyler heinicke is a vested veteran with 4 years in the league.  Kesler only has 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

McCown was brought back more because Sudfield went down. Sudfield was #2 on depth chart for the first preseason game, and McCown coming back sealed Kessler's fate. Kessler was more in competition with Thorson prior to McCown returning.

McCown was not brought in until after the Kessler injury

  I watched the 1st 2 Eagles games and saw NS, CK, and CT but not JM

 

    I believe the plan was to play CK or CT as the #2 after the Sudfeld injury

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Does Walker have any eligible PS time remaining?

 

God I hope we’ve seen the last of this prospect who has zero upside. 

3 hours ago, dw49 said:

 

 

Green IMO has no chance at all. He'll make it to the PS if the Colts want him. 

 

Funny how Green was the one draft pick that no one seemed to think was worthy of taking in round 6. A few on this board like him but most didn't and the "pundits" also didn't like the pick. No big deal that we probably blew a 6th round pick ... just saying.

Now watch him hit our PS and light it up once he gets his switch flipped. Could end up flaming out but it’s a risk CB felt he wanted to try. 

59 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

 

I think we'll bring 4TE-s, and Hentges will clear the waivers so he can go to PS. We'll see soon.

Hentges will not clear wavers and I almost bet that Travis is being shopped tonight and if need be, he is the cut not Hentges. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Hentges will not clear wavers and I almost bet that Travis is being shopped tonight and if need be, he is the cut not Hentges. 

 

I've been hoping that we might keep Hentges and get a good backup O-lineman for Travis, rather than just lose him in the cuts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

We need all the weapons we can keep

I doubt we can keep them all.

 

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

 

I think we'll bring 4TE-s, and Hentges will clear the waivers so he can go to PS. We'll see soon.

I think Hentges will be the 4th. TE,  I think Travis is going to be traded.   We'll see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

 

I've been hoping that we might keep Hentges and get a good backup O-lineman for Travis, rather than just lose him in the cuts.

Agreed and the drop-off at OT from the 1's to the 2's is a cliff right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, count me in as a Hentges supporter over Travis. I think when it comes to your 4th TE you should go with the better all around option and that's definitely Hentges.

 

Remember how many times in the beginning of last season (before Doyle went down) it seemed like they were reluctant to put Ebron in? There were quite a few games where we really didn't even see much of him until the 2nd half, specifically because of his blocking woes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking like our OL depth is gonna be Haeg, Andrews, Eldrenkamp, and Barton. Maybe we pick somebody else up on waivers though.

Honetsly, considering just how bad the state of OL talent/depth is around the league, I'm acutally fine with Haeg/Andrews/Eldrenkamp as backups. Barton's meh, but he is a rookie, so hopefully he improves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you do have to remember your not going to be playing five backups on the oline in the regular season. If one guy gets injured we can probably be ok.  Rick. Venturi today he might think of putting Braden Smith or at LT if AC gets hurt and putting Haeg at RT.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It's looking like our backup OL will be Haeg, Andrews, Eldrenkamp, and Barton. Although maybe we pick somebody else up on waivers because I wouldn't be surprised if we roll with 10 OL.

Considering just how bad the state of OL talent/depth is around the league, I'm acutally fine with Haeg/Andrews/Eldrenkamp. Barton's meh, but he is a rookie, so hopefully he improves.

Barton was so bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think you do have to remember your not going to be playing five backups on the oline in the regular season. If one guy gets injured we can probably be ok.  Rick. Venturi today he might think of putting Braden Smith or at LT if AC gets hurt and putting Haeg at RT.

 

Ok

  Smith stays at RT and Haeg plays LT

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was only surprised about Boehm until I read that the coaches have liked Andrews/Eldrenkam more and that Boehm was essentially fighting for his spot from early on.

I liked what I saw from Boehm last year too but maybe Strausser/Mudd like Eldrenkamp as a better fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I was only surprised about Boehm until I read that the coaches have liked Andrews/Eldrenkam more and that Boehm was essentially fighting for his spot from early on.

I liked what I saw from Boehm last year too but maybe Strausser/Mudd like Eldrenkamp as a better fit.

Maybe he's a more promising project.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...