Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

LucasOilStadium

36 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

As we head into the 4pm deadline today I wonder if there will still be a trade made today? 

Player for draft pick or even player for player swap?

Candidates in my mind:

Carroll Phillips - has value as an edge rusher in both a 4-3 and a 3-4

Ross Travis - has value as a pass catcher in a league that covets mismatch TE's

Krishawn Hogan - has value as a big bodied, move the chains, red zone type receiver

Wish list:

Oline

Defensive tackle

Either a RB/WR that can return both punts and kickoffs 

Anything is possible 

8 hours ago, Jdubu said:

That makes sense for the trade. Old coach says look what I did for him last year and what the colts scheme/coaches have changed him to this year. Trade for him and I can gain that positive back for you. We come out ahead of we’ve gained a 4-5th rd pick in the exchange. 

Good point.  The new ol coaches are using a different style, more attack than setting a stance I think.   Maybe boehm is better suited for the former.  I hadn’t thought Of that before 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, krunk said:

Yes.  He's got some kind of Voo Doo hex on them I guess because he was getting his tail whipped the whole preseason. Waiting on him to take it to the next level and it's not coming.

Not to be that guy, but I’ve been saying for awhile now that Clark wasn’t good. Going all the way back to the start of last season. Much like TJ Green, he was another Grigson pick who had great measureables but never put it all together and likely never will. Give me Haeg at LT and Barton at RT if it comes down to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Not to be that guy, but I’ve been saying for awhile now that Clark wasn’t good. Going all the way back to the start of last season. Much like TJ Green, he was another Grigson pick who had great measureables but never put it all together and likely never will. Give me Haeg at LT and Barton at RT if it comes down to it.

Barton gets a pass for now, but he was getting smoked as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Barton gets a pass for now, but he was getting smoked as well.

2 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

Barton is sooo inconsistent. At times, All PAC player. At times, any end can out power him. I suspect he needs a year in the weight room before we know if he can play?

Looks like the coaches see something 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It shocked me a bit since he could play multiple positions 

He showed just what he did in AZ. He can't play guard worth a hoot, lacks the quickness required to pull, and the power to hold up against the strong players.
He just can't do the job required.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Hogan just needs a shot. He can play in the the NFL. 

the year we wanted him he went to AZ and then got hurt. He can play but he's been injured often. I agree with you he can play and has all of the physical tools but might not get burn here unless injuries bring him back.

• Like 1

Trim day is grim day.  I read that nearly every year, almost 50% of those cut by 4:00 pm today never have, nor ever will play an NFL down.  Another consistent stat, about 2/3rds of those players cut by trim down deadline will never play in the NFL again.  Lot's of action.

Beware the Turk.

In any event, things won't calm down until around Tuesday/Wednesday.  Just because a player has made the 53 tonight, that does not mean the will still be on it after teams go through the waiver/claim process that follows.

• Like 1

Just now, HectorRoberts said:

I hope they keep pascal over Rogers everything that makes Rogers “special” Campbell can do way better. pascal is a big bodied guy that can block and return.

Rogers isn’t going anywhere because no one else seems to be able to return punts.

Looks like Clowney is going to the Seahawks. Unless they get a stud oline man that might make it easier for the colts to win the division.

13 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Looking like our OL depth is gonna be Haeg, Andrews, Eldrenkamp, and Barton. Maybe we pick somebody else up on waivers though.

Honetsly, considering just how bad the state of OL talent/depth is around the league, I'm acutally fine with Haeg/Andrews/Eldrenkamp as backups. Barton's meh, but he is a rookie, so hopefully he improves.

Andrews is trash.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rogers isn’t going anywhere because no one else seems to be able to return punts.

Looks like Clowney is going to the Seahawks. Unless they get a stud oline man that might make it easier for the colts to win the division.

Texans were overrated last year their line is so bad now they don't have a running back Duke Johnson don't count he is a scat back nothing more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah, some were calling for him to make it over Muhammad but the coaches clearly like him. He was playing with the 1's in first couple PS games.

And I didn't see him making it over Gerri Green either. Not that Green has proven much, but they probably like his ceiling more than Phillips. 

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, some were calling for him to make it over Muhammad but the coaches clearly like him. He was playing with the 1's in first couple PS games.

And I didn't see him making it over Gerri Green either.

I would be shocked if Green makes it. There just isn’t room. I would keep ward over him.