Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

LucasOilStadium

21 minutes ago, Shive said:

At this rate, I don't think they'll need to trade up at all. They'll most likely finish in the bottom couple of spots this season anyhow.

Got drafted and thrown into a starting job on a team vacant of almost any offensive talent, then traded to a team without much talent and a tendency to make bad personnel decisions = bust?

The kid was drafted a year ago, knowing that he wasn't ready to start year 1, then tragically mismanaged by 2 teams. Get him on a solid roster with good coaching and he could be really good.

Aren't most top 10 QB picks thrown into starting jobs on teams vacant of offensive talent?  Andrew was. Peyton was.  They came out and made plays.  Rosen hasn’t & can’t even beat out Fitz.  Granted Fitz is a gunslinger & a true pro but still Rosen is top 10.  Again, I’m not saying Rosen is a bust and you can close the book on him.  He just hasn’t shown up “yet” in the league.

Maybe Frank is just the thing Rosen could use to bring it all together?  Maybe the Colts organization & a city like Indy could be perfect for the kid?   I just personally don’t think he’s that great.  I don’t think he could beat out JB or CK in this offense in this season.  Maybe even if they all started out on equal footing in training camp.

The job is JB’s. He’s got a good team around him.  I think he will do just fine. If he doesn’t, it looks like CK, with a coach like Frank guiding him, just might be something special. That sports science video really showed talents I didn’t know the kid possessed. Watching him in preseason, confirms that video & shows he definitely can spin it on an elite level.

I like what we have here now. If there’s an injury, maybe we offer a mid round pick for him before the deadline?  I think Rosen will get his chance though because we all know Fitz flames out.  Then we’ll see if he’s got it or not.  I just don’t see us exploring it this year unless something drastic happens or we can get him for a 4th.

• Like 1

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Aren't most top 10 QB picks thrown into starting jobs on teams vacant of offensive talent?  Andrew was. Peyton was.  They came out and made plays.  Rosen hasn’t & can’t even beat out Fitz.  Granted Fitz is a gunslinger & a true pro but still Rosen is top 10.  Again, I’m not saying Rosen is a bust and you can close the book on him.  He just hasn’t shown up “yet” in the league.

Maybe Frank is just the thing Rosen could use to bring it all together?  Maybe the Colts organization & a city like Indy could be perfect for the kid?   I just personally don’t think he’s that great.  I don’t think he could beat out JB or CK in this offense in this season.  Maybe even if they all started out on equal footing in training camp.

The job is JB’s. He’s got a good team around him.  I think he will do just fine. If he doesn’t, it looks like CK, with a coach like Frank guiding him, just might be something special. That sports science video really showed talents I didn’t know the kid possessed. Watching him in preseason, confirms that video & shows he definitely can spin it on an elite level.

I like what we have here now. If there’s an injury, maybe we offer a mid round pick for him before the deadline?  I think Rosen will get his chance though because we all know Fitz flames out.  Then we’ll see if he’s got it or not.  I just don’t see us exploring it this year unless something drastic happens or we can get him for a 4th.

Arizona cleaned house after last year and KK wanted a qb who had ran his system

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Arizona cleaned house after last year and KK wanted a qb who had ran his system

Yes but he looked terrible out there last year.  Now it’s more excuses in Miami...  Next year if our QB situation is up in the air, I might think hard about bringing in Rosen.  Because from what we’ve seen of him so far, he’d just about guarantee us a shot at Lawrence or Fields...  :D

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Yes but he looked terrible out there last year.  Now it’s more excuses in Miami...  Next year if our QB situation is up in the air, I might think hard about bringing in Rosen.  Because from what we’ve seen of him so far, he’d just about guarantee us a shot at Lawrence or Fields...  :D

A lot of it can be put on the coaching staff

They lasted only 1 year

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gee, maybe they can fill that piece you are so worried about with the monster $$$ they will have from dumping Clowney. 

Gee,  he was going to be a free agent after this season.   They aren't saving anything.   Now they don't have a first round pick until 2022

32 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Peyton and Andrew should never be the benchmark for top 10 QBs. They're both generational talents that were 2 of the most pro-ready QB's we've ever seen.

Also, being picked in the top 10 doesn't mean you're a top 10 talent. He was a kid with a ton of upside that also needed a lot of refinement. Most draft evals I read on him said as much and referenced him needing to sit and learn a year behind a vet.

You can't have these known expectations that he wasn't ready for a year 1 start, his terrible team throwing him in the fire and expecting greatness, then immediately call him a bust.

I'm not the biggest fan of his and I don't want him as my QB by any means, but I'm never ready to call a year 2 player a bust, especially under circumstances like that. 

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Peyton and Andrew should never be the benchmark for top 10 QBs. They're both generational talents that were 2 of the most pro-ready QB's we've ever seen.

Also, being picked in the top 10 doesn't mean you're a top 10 talent. He was a kid with a ton of upside that also needed a lot of refinement. Most draft evals I read on him said as much and referenced him needing to sit and learn a year behind a vet.

You can't have these known expectations that he wasn't ready for a year 1 start, his terrible team throwing him in the fire and expecting greatness, then immediately call him a bust.

I'm not the biggest fan of his and I don't want him as my QB by any means, but I'm never ready to call a year 2 player, especially under circumstances like that. 

Feel the same way here

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

What are you talking about. This has nothing to do with him going to be the backup. Lol. He is good at his job on the practice squad.

im surprised hes even still eligible for that.  i stand by what i said about hoyer too, he may not want to sign here for just 2 games.  he will have other suitors 

i think practice squad rules changed recently and walker can be on there for three years now.  im not sure why we still want him though 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Chad Kelly still might end up there. From what I understand walker is really good at getting film together and those kinds of things a practice squad guy tends to do.

kelly was too good to put there, he can be JBs backup after week 2