Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 53 Man Cut Transactions Thread

LucasOilStadium

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have a question. This guy they claimed can they just put him on the practice squad now.

Claiming a player off waivers requires them to go directly to the 53 man roster for at least 1 week (I believe). Then we'd have to cut him, him clear waivers, then get signed to the PS (if eligible).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

OMG Phillip Walker to Colts practice squad when are they finally gonna realize this guy sucks and move on for good.

They don’t ever have any plans to ever play him. He is good at what a they want out of him. They are never going to actually play him in a game.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Gerri Green to Patriots PS

That is very surprising.

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have a question. This guy they claimed can they just put him on the practice squad now.

No you have to sign them to your active roster and if it’s from another team they have to stay there for at least three weeks.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

With only one Waiver claim looks like Hale Hentges is Safe 

They are still going add another QB at somepoint this week.  Someone will have to go then.  It might not be Hentges but someone will have to go.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No they need another QB on the active roster for two weeks.  They aren’t going into games with just one QB.  Since they didn’t claim someone they aren’t rushing which means they want a vet which is to be expected. 

But technically they could just pull Walker up from the practice squad for the first two games.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

No you have to sign them to your active roster and if it’s from another team they have to stay there for at least three weeks.

They are still going add another QB at somepoint this week.  Someone will have to go then.  It might not be Hentges but someone will have to go.

I was thinking Milligan will be one and I don’t think 7 CBS will be kept

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

maybe Rosen just isnt good.  ive seen worse, but doubt hes the answer for anyone 

I think there has always been those that question about his 'love for the game', not his talent.  The greats are all in, work hard, work at getting better.  Rosen is ? where??  Luck retires because he isn't 'all in ' right now. Honesty.

48 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:
Didn't think we'd claim a DB.

37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That doesn’t bother me. He must be doing a good job as the practice squad guy. It’s not like he will ever get a chance to play.

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Chad Kelly still might end up there. From what I understand walker is really good at getting film together and those kinds of things a practice squad guy tends to do.

Very often, for a P.S. Quarterback, it is mimicking the upcoming opposing teams QB, their plays they run and how they run them.  That way #1 defense gets to see on the field what they learned in meetings and during game plan install and may well see game day.

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Agree,  Maybe Ross Travis to the PS.  

Did he clear the waiver process?

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If any of these guys weren't hurt all that bad and were bubble/roster material for at least another team or two, their agents will be asking for injury settlement.  The others will collect their pay and sit out.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like hogan and Travis passed through waivers. Not sure If they have PS time left.

They passed rules not too long ago that allowed more players the P.S. option, even some vets with 2 years or less experience to be eligible.  See below-

Each team is allowed to carry 10 players on its practice squad. Teams participating in the International Player Development Program can also carry one (additional) international player to the practice squad.

Teams are allowed to sign four players with two accrued seasons to the practice squad. The other six players must have fewer than two years of experience. Players can’t stay on the practice squad for more than three seasons. A player must be on the practice squad for a minimum six games for that season to count toward the three-year limit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

But technically they could just pull Walker up from the practice squad for the first two games.

If they were going to do that they would have left him on the active roster.  You can’t just use someone from the practice squad they have to be on the active roster.