Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts claim Safety Kindred

Mr.Debonair

12 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

But can he do it on the same play?

yup, if he thumped the wrong guy without the ball lol

my buddy said basically he's solid depth, not a starter, that might be able to improve if he learns to wrap up instead of going for the big hit down low. 

15 hours ago, #12. said:

His nickname is Peanut, due to the shape of his head.  Thanks, Wikipedia.

After looking at some photos, I'm not sure I see it.  Is it a peanut within the shell or one outside the shell in a jar?  

I’m a little concerned about his durability. What if he is brittle?

18 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Not sure what to say about this signing...

"But I will go ahead and say 'not a starter' even though I'm not sure what to say..."

:facepalm:

If you're getting ready to post an opinion about a player, but your post starts out with "I don't really know anything about him" or "I haven't really watched any tape on this guy" then MAYBE rethink if you should make the post in the first place...  :sip:

:2c:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

He is good enough for Ballard to sign him. I doubt Ballard would sign any player that wasn't any good.

Maybe give the guy a chance before judging him?

:agree:

He's got to get the roster up to 90 for when Training Camp starts.  

I mean obviously everyone has a chance in camp but I'm guessing his chances of making the 53 man roster is fairly low unless he can carve out a niche for himself on special teams.  

43 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I mean obviously everyone has a chance in camp but I'm guessing his chances of making the 53 man roster is fairly low unless he can carve out a niche for himself on special teams.  

Not sure about that. Seems like a pretty good player. 

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Ballard signed him less than 24 hours after the Browns waived him.  To me that tells me he was wanted by Ballard.

Could be Ballard and Dorsey were talking about Kindred? I don't know but the Colt's signed him very quick.

IMO he will make the 53.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ballard signed him less than 24 hours after the Browns waived him.  To me that tells me he was wanted by Ballard.

Could be Ballard and Dorsey were talking about Kindred? I don't know but the Colt's signed him very quick.

IMO he will make the 53.

To be clear the colts didn’t sign him. He went to the waiver wire and the colts took him when it got to their turn. They will be responsible for the rest of his rookie contact. He will probably make the team but only having the rest  of his rookie contact to pay would make it a easy cut if he doesn’t perform in training camp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

To be clear the colts didn’t sign him. He went to the waiver wire and the colts took him when it got to their turn. They will be responsible for the rest of his rookie contact. He will probably make the team but only having the rest  of his rookie contact to pay would make it a easy cut if he doesn’t perform in training camp.

Yes you are correct but that still does not change my opinion that he will make the 53.

He is a good depth player and plays on special teams.

5 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

"But I will go ahead and say 'not a starter' even though I'm not sure what to say..."

:facepalm:

If you're getting ready to post an opinion about a player, but your post starts out with "I don't really know anything about him" or "I haven't really watched any tape on this guy" then MAYBE rethink if you should make the post in the first place...  :sip:

:2c:

If he were a starter, I would have heard about him. Nobody knew him before we signed him. Or not many at least

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Pierre Desir and Kenny Moore we’re both waiver pickups also. Although they were cut right before the season started so they were close to making their teams.

Ballards best waiver claims seem to happen after the preseason is over.  That's when he picked up all 3 of them I do believe.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Glowinski was a waiver wire pickup too.  And we know how that turned out.  Our GM knows what he's doing.  

You can add Doyle Pascal Farley and Muhammad to the waiver claim list too. There is no question if you can find helpful pieces on the wire 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Ballards best waiver claims seem to happen after the preseason is over.  That's when he picked up all 3 of them I do believe.

He grabbed Moore when NE cut down to 53 I remember bc he was a guy I and others on the board watched hoping he'd get cut. Thrre was a big buzz about him during the Pats camp that summer

Just now, akcolt said:

He grabbed Moore when NE cut down to 53 I remember bc he was a guy I and others on the board watched hoping he'd get cut. Thrre was a big buzz about him during the Pats camp that summer

I sure am glad we don’t have to worry about him in NE and he is a colt. I know he went to a small school but I am amazed that such a good player can go undrafted.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have a question. Why does a player go to a waiver wire rather then just being cut and signed as a free agent elsewhere? Does a team have a choice whether to put a player on the waiver wire? 

It has to do with time in the league if you have less then 4yrs you hit the wire If you have 4 years or more you are a free agent I believe that to be true 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The signing tells me Ballard, Eberflus, Ventrone, Williams, Gannon, etc. have researched him, studied his college and pro film, and decided his traits generally match a role they have in their systems. Other players will be added with traits that align with the teams overall concepts, and the competition for a spot on the 53 man roster will ensue.

Team building in progress...

Carry on!

• Like 4

When we claim someone off the waiver wire, what does it mean? Do we pay anything/lose anything by doing that? If not, why not claim nearly every reasonably competent player available at your spot?  I am just trying to understand, not advocating doing that.  Thanks. 

18 hours ago, JPFolks said:

When we claim someone off the waiver wire, what does it mean? Do we pay anything/lose anything by doing that? If not, why not claim nearly every reasonably competent player available at your spot?  I am just trying to understand, not advocating doing that.  Thanks. 

Basically you take over their salary. We will finish paying this guys rookie contract. So it’s really only one season.  Only guys with less then 4 years go on the waiver wire.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JPFolks said:

from nfl.com

The NFL and NFL Players Association Collective Bargaining Agreement sets forth specific rules for how NFL clubs can claim and release players using the NFL’s waiver system. Here is how the process works.

The waiver system allows player contracts or, in certain cases, a club’s NFL rights to a player to be made available by one club to the other clubs in the league.

The waiver period runs from the first business day after the Super Bowl through the end of the NFL’s regular season. Except in rare incidents, the waiver period lasts 24 hours and all waivers are categorized as “no recall” and “no withdrawal,” which means once a club waives a player, it cannot take the player back or change the player’s status.

Once a club waives a player, the 31 other clubs either file a claim to obtain him or they waive their chance to do so (thus the origin of the term “waiver”). Clubs are assigned players on a priority basis. From the first business day after the Super Bowl until the day after the third regular season week, assignments are based on a claiming order that is the same as the order in which clubs selected in that year’s Draft. From the beginning of the fourth regular season weekend through the Super Bowl, assignments are based on the inverse order of their win-loss record. For example, a team with fewer wins will be awarded a player off waivers ahead of a team with a better record. If a player passes through waivers unclaimed, he becomes a free agent.

Once the waiver period starts each year through the trading deadline, a vested veteran — a player who has acquired four years of pension credit — is not subject to the waiver system if the club decides to release him. That means if a team decides to release a vested veteran, the league considers his contract to be terminated immediately and he is free to negotiate and sign with any other club. From the trading deadline through the end of the regular season, vested veterans are subject to the waiver process.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-players/nfl-waiver-system-overview/

20 hours ago, JPFolks said:

As stated before the claiming team picks up the salary( this is why some guys go unclaimed)