Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts and Cowboys both say cleats we're a problem

Iron Colt

I can believe it with the colts game. I have seen a lot of people say the cots were tip toeing and sliding everywhere. Maybe that is just because having not played in weather like that they didn’t know what they needed. But knowing a storm was coming they should of been prepared.

I don’t know why a field in Los Angeles though would be slick. Was it raining. It didn’t look like it was.

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can believe it with the colts game. I have seen a lot of people say the cots were tip toeing and sliding everywhere. Maybe that is just because having not played in weather like that they didn’t know what they needed. But knowing a storm was coming they should of been prepared.

I don’t know why a field in Los Angeles though would be slick. Was it raining. It didn’t look like it was.

LA field was bad. Rain before the game and college level grass at best. Still, both teams played in it. Dallas defenders looked like they were on skates

It does sound like an excuse but 273yards rushing??? And now the Colts are saying the same thing?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Funny how quickly things change. Leading into KC game we all thought inclement weather would be our allie, especially our owner.

Now we need HFA and turn the heat up.

HFA is just big, no sugarcoating it. I remember when the 49ers didn't treat their muddy rainy field before the 1994 NFC Title Game. They did it so Emmitt Smith would slip and slide and be ineffective. They knew what they were doing so they could beat Dallas. 

15 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Funny how quickly things change. Leading into KC game we all thought inclement weather would be our allie, especially our owner.

Now we need HFA and turn the heat up.

I didn’t!  I never understood how bad weather would favor the indoor team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Inexcusable. That falls under poor preparation. Equipment managers should have several different kinds of studs at the ready and should be tested pre-game.

Colts could have been wearing rocket skates and it still would not have mattered though.

Lol, you are probably right man!

3 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Source?

Tried searching both Google and Twitter and couldn't find anything.  Thanks in advance.

Well said!  Before we all jump on slating Ballard and Reich for terrible preparation, can we see a quote from the Colts player who said the cleats were a problem @Iron Colt?

Even if they were an issue, I would be surprised if someone in that locker room used that as an excuse!

• Like 2

I completely believe it.  On KC's first possession our guys were clearly unable to get good footing while KC was playing normally.  I even commented in the game thread that the field was garbage.  That said, I also believe we did make equipment adjustments because the guys were running and cutting normally later in the half and from then forward.  It might be that because the offense was so inept, and went 3 and out over and over, that the D didn't get the new cleats/shoes until KC had already gone up by two or three scores.

Like others have said, it's not an excuse.  There was plenty of time to test the field prior to kickoff and select the right equipment.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

@Iron Colt I'm going to need you to post a link to your source.  Everyone else has said they haven't been able to find anything.  Not only that, but the Cowboys played indoors, so I'm not sure why they'd even be commenting on their cleats.  If you can't provide a link, this will be locked.

Here is a copy of my post at 4:50 last Sunday .....

"It almost looked like our players had the wrong footgear on and couldn't get any leverage ,while the Chiefs had no problems with the field. Not saying that was the case , just saying I can't believe both our lines would get dominated like they did. "

38 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Still not seeing any credible sources. A whole lot of "heard from a guy that..." 

Fake. 

Exactly!!! This sounds like a guy that knows a guy that said this...

Till I can find the NFL Network segment, I flat out cannot take this seriously, sorry!!! 

• Thanks 1