Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well most of USA Today staff picking Colts over Cowboys .

HOF19

3 minutes ago, Devildog said:

I usually ignore others.  Their picks are just good as mine....50/50.

But I'm glad they see us winning over the Cowboys.

Well a Mr. Nate Davis of USA Today is one of the people picking the Colts and he is 129-77 (better than 60 percent right ) . Hey I will take all the good vibes I can get ……...GO COLTS !!!!!

3 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Well a Mr. Nate Davis of USA Today is one of the people picking the Colts and he is 129-77 (better than 60 percent right ) . Hey I will take all the good vibes I can get ……...GO COLTS !!!!!

Isn't he the one that picked the Colts to go 2-14 or something like that?

9 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Well I'm 127-67 this year in a picks league I am in.     I actually think the Cowboys win this, but it's a tough one to call.   I'm hoping the the home crowd can be of assistance and help the Colts pull this one out. 

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

I believe it was Nate Davis who infamously predicted the Colts would go 2-14 this year!

2-14.     Let that one sink in...  

It doesn't look good for TY to play. but... This team NEEDS to win without him. The confidence boost it would provide to this young receiving core to have a big day, and to Luck to play big without his go-to, would be huge to finish on a playoff push. Can you imagine an Andrew Luck with even more confidence in the playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Let's win this week, whattya say?

Our defense is getting a swagger about them.  They are building confidence in each other every week and appear to be having the time of their lives.  They will be pumped up for this one.  I expect our D to get a couple turnovers in this one.

If Reich calls a smart game and doesnt do any of his 4th down shenanigans, i really like our chances.

After the last couple weeks, i think our Colts wanna show th league this week that nobody want to see us in the playoffs.  The team looks focused, and hopefully we wont see any more of the "funk" we saw against Jacksonville.  

And btw, Andrew looks to ks VERY focused and committed to getting this team in the playoffs.

We have an uphill battle, but if we win out, and get in this thing, i think its anyone's game.  Top teams early (pitt, ne, kc) have struggled, and some (colts, sd, bal) are seeminly peaking at the right time.  This. Could (and should) get very exciting.

We're not there, but we have been consistent enuff(except jax) and flashed enuff to be very dangerous every week.

Our offense can score the points needed and our defense has shown they are at least capable of playoff football.

These young guys get in and I think the excitement level will instantly snap back to the level we have grown accustomed to.  These young guys of ours just might be too young to know how difficult a playoff run really is.  That could help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LucknessMonster12 said:

I dont have a good feeling about this game. All things considered. And, yeah. If we dont win its definately over.

AFC:

1. Chargers 13-3

2. Patriots 12-4

3. Texans 12-4

4. Ravens 9-7

5. Chiefs 12-4

6. Colts 9-7

NFC:

1. Saints 14-2

2. Rams 14-2

3. Bears 12-4

4. Cowboys 11-5

5. Seahawks 11-5

6. Vikings 7-8-1

How my playoff predictor came out with us losing this game... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackPanther said:

AFC:

1. Chargers 13-3

2. Patriots 12-4

3. Texans 12-4

4. Ravens 9-7

5. Chiefs 12-4

6. Colts 9-7

NFC:

1. Saints 14-2

2. Rams 14-2

3. Bears 12-4

4. Cowboys 11-5

5. Seahawks 11-5

6. Vikings 7-8-1

Lets say we lose tomorrow, most people will think it's the end of the world but we can still get in actually if the Steelers lose a couple of more and we beat the Titans, with Ravens winning their Division. What about the Dolphins? They would only have to lose 1 game and I think they will. Here is what could happen and it's a 50/50 chance that it does with the Steelers playing the Pats and at Saints:

1 Seed Chargers 13-3 I have a feeling they will overtake KC

2 Seed Patriots

3 Seed Texans

4 Seed Ravens at 9-7

5 Seed KC at 12-4

6 Seed Colts 9-7

-Steelers will finish 8-7-1, Dolphins and Titans 9-7 and we would have tiebreakers over both the Dolphins and Titans because of head to head. Remember head to head is applicable in a 3 way tie if one of the teams has the tiebreaker over the other 2 teams. It would not be applicable in any other scenario but in our case it would be here if we beat the Titans again. Lets hope we win tomorrow though.

16 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Wait?!?!  This can't be?!?!

The media hates the Colts.  

Surely the OP must have misread the article.

They do generally give us no respect. Nate Davis is the same guy that picked us to go 2-14. Wow, Usa Today finally gives us credit for a change lmao . I should take a picture of their picks and frame it because this is a first.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Colts will win this game. They’re not going to lose at home to Cowboys. That’s blasphemy

This is a 50/50 game, I don't know?? I am picking us to win but it is not a given. Thankfully the Steelers opened up another door for us by losing to crappy Oakland. 9-7 could still get us in if we do slip up as long as we beat the Titans.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is a 50/50 game, I don't know?? I am picking us to win but it is not a given. Thankfully the Steelers opened up another door for us by losing to crappy Oakland. 9-7 could still get us in if we do slip up as long as we beat the Titans.

Colts can’t afford another slip up. They won’t be so fortunate this time around. They need to win out

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

AFC:

1. Chargers 13-3

2. Patriots 12-4

3. Texans 12-4

4. Ravens 9-7

5. Chiefs 12-4

6. Colts 9-7

NFC:

1. Saints 14-2

2. Rams 14-2

3. Bears 12-4

4. Cowboys 11-5

5. Seahawks 11-5

6. Vikings 7-8-1

That's well, and good. But, they need a ton of help. There are a number of things about this match up that bothers me. Coupled with TY not being 100%. Believe me. No body in the world hope's I'm wrong more than I do. 

Even if the season ended today theres no room to be dissatisfied. They have everything heading in the right direction.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LucknessMonster12 said:

That's well, and good. But, they need a ton of help. There are a number of things about this match up that bothers me. Coupled with TY not being 100%. Believe me. No body in the world hope's I'm wrong more than I do. 

Even if the season ended today theres no room to be dissatisfied. They have everything heading in the right direction.

Prey tell, just what are these mysterious things that bother you so? 

If TY doesn't play that is huge.   Look for the Cowboys to play us much in the same manner the Jags did.  I am not sure how we move the ball with TY out of the game.  Absent him, we will have to rely on our running  game and tight ends.  Look for them to press our recievers until they prove they can separate. Should b a low scoring game.

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Prey tell, just what are these mysterious things that bother you so? 

The Jags blueprint, for starters. If you look at some their defensive showings (barring last week) recently, they can shut it down if they want to wrap up the div. Whether Eberflus being a former Marinelli guy could be beneficial. Or, the opposite. 

If they can limit Cooper theres no way they dont have a great chance to win. Which, I'm hoping everyone has a great showing. The fact that the Colts are in a big game is great, regardless.