Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

247 Sports just moved Colts

bigt

19 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I would like the Colts to stay in Indy but for the Jags to move over.

They seem to be the most obvious choice and means we get one Colts game a year to head down for! :thmup:

I hope the NFL decides to drop this dream of a London team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I read yesterday, from NFL.com I think, the Colts are sitting at 18. Considering im 99% sure we started out the season dead last, we are doing well to advance a little bit each week. If we can beat the Titans this weekend and Miami the next, which are very possible, we could definitely be in the 12-15 range and possibly even a 6th seed after Miami

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

The only move I'd like to see the Colts make is back up to the AFC East. The AFC South never made any sense. Trade places with the Dolphins.

The East doesn’t really make all that much sense either, as opposed to when the team was in Baltimore.  And that’s a switch that should happen, Colts to the Central, Ravens to the East, and Dolphins to the South.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why in the world would we move a football team outside the US? Stupid. They going to change the name to the Inernational Football League?!?

Logistically it is foolish.  But this isn't about common sense, it is about money.  And sometimes people lose their minds when it comes to money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rockywoj said:

The East doesn’t really make all that much sense either, as opposed to when the team was in Baltimore.  And that’s a switch that should happen, Colts to the Central, Ravens to the East, and Dolphins to the South.   

I'd like to stay in the South.   Makes allot of sense.

7 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

I have no real desire for it either if I'm honest, but it is not a dream. Goodell will make it happen. His main concern is if the London team makes the playoffs (ie no bye week after to get over the travel).

Seems like the National Football League would have to change its name to something else, LOL.

The NFL is a U.S sport that has been Intl  outside of the U.S  before it does'nt matter how bad the greedy NFL wants to expand it went down in flames it was like a B league of quality players was'nt worth watching in Europe soccer is football if the NFL wants to branch out they need to change the ball . 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, Myles said:

I hope the NFL decides to drop this dream of a London team. 

Being totally selfish, I would love to see the Colts in London again. The Jags have invested a lot of money in training camps etc in the London area and their owner was recently trying to purchase Wembley from the English FA, this has now been scrapped which may diminish the chance of a franchise here happening.

As has been mentioned previously, it is all about money and the London games sell out every year, but that is when people are getting the chance to see different teams play one off matches, I am not convinced that having a team play here regularly would attract the same kind of crowds week in week out especially if the team was struggling for form and on a losing streak.

It does happen in UK at present with a team from Toronto playing in Rugby league and 2 teams from South Africa playing in the Rugby Union league. I did notice however the outcry why the Spanish La Liga tried to play a game in USA rather than Spain.

So it can work both ways, when we were flying back from our recent trip there were a few Eagles fans on the flight who were combining a holiday with watching the game. I suppose the same as we did in reverse. The difference being we could not come back over year after year (no matter how much we would love to) and I think that is where the problem would lie.

So would I like to happen - Yes, can I see it happening  - Not in the short term, I think they will continue with the current Status Quo for a while yet.