Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tarell Basham claimed by New York Jets

TKnight24

15 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Rule states he has to be on active roster correct?

how long?

He does go to the active roster, but there's no amount of time he has to stay on the active roster. They can waive him anytime. 

If a team signs a player from another team's practice squad, he has to stay on the active roster for 3 weeks. 

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

He does go to the active roster, but there's no amount of time he has to stay on the active roster. They can waive him anytime. 

If a team signs a player from another team's practice squad, he has to stay on the active roster for 3 weeks. 

Do you think 53 is too low a limit for a roster? Would you add the PS spaces to it?

Well, does this mean the draft last year was more tailored to Pagano's 3-4, and while we all thought Basham fit the 4-3 better, in reality, 3-4 teams were just as interested?? At least these actions by the Jets make it seem so. 

Henry Anderson, however, has been doing real well there (this was before game 4):

https://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/09/do_eagles_have_nfls_best_defensive_line_pro_football_focus_t.html

He ranks tied for 10th among qualifiers in pass-rush productivity (8.2), as he's recorded nine total pressures (five hurries, two hits, two sacks) across 67 pass-rush snaps. 

Henry Anderson has 2.5 sacks after 4 games. 

37 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Do you think 53 is too low a limit for a roster? Would you add the PS spaces to it?

I'd keep the practice squad and active roster separate, but I'd relieve some of the restrictions for teams to keep their own young players. In this situation, it doesn't make sense that the Colts should have to waive one of their young prospects just to field a legitimate game day roster. 

But I do think the rosters should be bigger. I'd go 60 active, 50 on game day, with a separate 10 person practice squad. Hopefully after last night, more people understand the reason for the game day restrictions. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Its been discussed.

with the decrease in real practices , etc, and increase in injuries across the league, i think its good for the league.

increase the roster AND PS, imo.  

Better depth league-wide should equate to a better product on Sundays.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Its been discussed.

with the decrease in real practices , etc, and increase in injuries across the league, i think its good for the league.

increase the roster AND PS, imo.  

Better depth league-wide should equate to a better product on Sundays.

IMO you don’t even up the 53 just the GameDay Roster

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Well, does this mean the draft last year was more tailored to Pagano's 3-4, and while we all thought Basham fit the 4-3 better, in reality, 3-4 teams were just as interested?? 

No, Ballard knew he was going to change the defensive scheme and let Pagano go after a year. Knowing that, there’s no way he drafted players for Pagano unless he is a complete *. Either way it was a bad pick and it’s all on Ballard. 

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

Well, does this mean the draft last year was more tailored to Pagano's 3-4, and while we all thought Basham fit the 4-3 better, in reality, 3-4 teams were just as interested?? At least these actions by the Jets make it seem so. 

Henry Anderson, however, has been doing real well there (this was before game 4):

https://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/09/do_eagles_have_nfls_best_defensive_line_pro_football_focus_t.html

He ranks tied for 10th among qualifiers in pass-rush productivity (8.2), as he's recorded nine total pressures (five hurries, two hits, two sacks) across 67 pass-rush snaps. 

Henry Anderson has 2.5 sacks after 4 games. 

And he’s doing it from a 3-4 Defense....

Not a 4-3...

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

And he’s doing it from a 3-4 Defense....

Not a 4-3...

Doesn’t matter. Anderson slimmed down to play in the 4-3, I think him and hunt would’ve played well together. Henry Anderson is gonna end up being like a Justin smith type player, maybe not that good but still. Very stupid letting him go