Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tarell Basham claimed by New York Jets

TKnight24

12 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Doesn’t matter. Anderson slimmed down to play in the 4-3, I think him and hunt would’ve played well together. Henry Anderson is gonna end up being like a Justin smith type player, maybe not that good but still. Very stupid letting him go

"Slimed to play in the 4-3", "like a Justin Smith type player"... Do you realize Justin Smith was a 3-4 DE?

17 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Ballard * away two 3rd round picks. I still think trading Anderson to the jets for a bag of chips was the worse move he made

How is that even possible? Ballard hadn't 3rd round pick in 2018, only in 2017.

3 hours ago, K-148 said:

"Slimed to play in the 4-3", "like a Justin Smith type player"... Do you realize Justin Smith was a 3-4 DE?

Justin Smith also played 4-3 for bengals. When I say “like Justin Smith” I mean just a solid football player, blue collar guy. Like John Simon,Aaron kampman,Aaron schobel,etc

3 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

Justin Smith was more then solid actually. Anderson has that potential 

Justin Smith was one of the best defensive players in football for about half a dozen years. I don't see Anderson having that kind of potential.

18 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

Justin Smith was more then solid actually. Anderson has that potential 

Dear God ....

What did you see?    And when and where did you see it that makes you think Anderson could turn into Justin Smith?

I’m a Stanford fan.   I hoped we’d draft him and was thrilled that we did.   But I never saw anything that would make anyone think of Justin Smith.

Wow....

On 10/6/2018 at 6:40 PM, SteelCityColt said:

People bash Bashem, call him a bust. Complain.

Colts cut ties, same people say we’re letting other teams rob young talent from us. Complain.

I don't think most are sweating that Basham was cut. It is just timing of the Jets' claim that makes them have a little pause. Given that he has been given several chances, he just was not a fit for us, that is something everyone probably agrees on. He might be turned around and cut a few weeks later by the Jets, and then we will go the full circle again. 

It happens everywhere though - right now, Colts fans look at Jerry Hughes, Austin Blythe, A.Q.Shipley, Henry Anderson etc. and are playing what-ifs? Patriots let go of Darius Butler too and he gave us some solid years, I am sure their fans can recollect other players too. It is just the nature of the business and it happens to several other teams too, we just aren't entrenched in their roster dealings as much as we are with the Colts. 

Long story short, it happens to every team and I agree with you. It is water under the bridge. Right now, the coaches have not given me any indication that they are not out there maximizing talent, and that is a big boost of confidence in my eyes over the previous regime in terms of player development :)

• Like 1