Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson

1959Colts

Won't @pacergeek be happy.  Thought I'd give you a shout out.  With all your ramblings you may have called this one.

I stated during the 2018 offseason that I did not think Wilson was a good fit for a zone CB because he does not react well to the ball in the air.  I don't know if that is the reason but it would explain a lot to me.  

Maybe Ballard is saving him to trade to the Steelers and a 2nd rounder for Bell.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Won't @pacergeek be happy.  Thought I'd give you a shout out.  With all your ramblings you may have called this one.

I stated during the 2018 offseason that I did not think Wilson was a good fit for a zone CB because he does not react well to the ball in the air.  I don't know if that is the reason but it would explain a lot to me.  

Maybe Ballard is saving him to trade to the Steelers and a 2nd rounder for Bell.

Considering we are thin at corner with the injuries yesterday if he is healthy he should be playing...very concerning and could be the first real bad miss in the Ballard era. Seems to be more of a effort/attitude thing than talent...because like you said he has the ability.

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

At this point I'd take that trade. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Considering we are thin at corner with the injuries yesterday if he is healthy he should be playing...very concerning and could be the first real bad miss in the Ballard era. Seems to be more of a effort/attitude thing than talent...because like you said he has the ability.

Ballard has already had a big miss in OT Zach Banner from USC. He was an early 4th round pick and didn't even make the roster. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

not sure what that writer is talking about because Quincy is injured in the hand still

Umm it's because the Week 3 injury report lists Wilson with a concussion and the Week 4 injury report lists Wilson with a concussion.

I'm guess that is what he's talking about.

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Umm it's because the Week 3 injury report lists Wilson with a concussion and the Week 4 injury report lists Wilson with a concussion.

I'm guess that is what he's talking about.

I mean do we know he's passed the protocol? Sometimes it takes players multiple weeks. Ryan Kelly went on IR last year because he couldn't pass. If he's on the injury report with a concussion I would assume he hasn't passed.

5 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I mean do we know he's passed the protocol? Sometimes it takes players multiple weeks. Ryan Kelly went on IR last year because he couldn't pass. If he's on the injury report with a concussion I would assume he hasn't passed.

Well, I'm guessing that is why the author of the tweet said, "I'm almost certain he's not in the concussion protocol anymore."

My post was in response to the shadow creek wondering what Keefer was talking about because Shadow thought Wilson had a hurt hand.

45 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He was drafted for Pagano's system, just like John Simon and Jonathan Hankins were signed for Pagano's style of D, the 2-gap 3-4 with man CBs. However, it is not like there is no place for a man CB in the current system, and if he still cannot make it, the problem is with Quincy Wilson.

Like Darius Butler, who got shuffled around after being drafted by the Patriots high, and eventually found a spot here, Quincy Wilson might find his spot somewhere else. Best to get what you can for him. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Well, I'm guessing that is why the author of the tweet said, "I'm almost certain he's not in the concussion protocol anymore."

He is almost certain based of what?

Wilson was on the official injury list last week, with concussion/DNP: https://www.colts.com/team/injury-report/

I don't think the rules allow to keep a player under the protocol after he was cleared. They might hold him back from clearing himself. But why would they do that? He counts against the 53 whether he is under or not, so it does not make any sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Peterk2011 said:

He is almost certain based of what?

Wilson was on the official injury list last week, with concussion/DNP: https://www.colts.com/team/injury-report/

I don't think the rules allow to keep a player under the protocol after he was cleared. They might hold him back from clearing himself. But why would they do that? He counts against the 53 whether he is under or not, so it does not make any sense.

I would guess that is a question to ask Zak Keefer.  I'm not the one that made the comment, I just pointed out to shadow creek what the tweeter was talking about regarding the concussion protocol.  And then I pointed out to Boiler Colt that based on Zak tweets, he is indicating that Wilson is not on the concussion protocol nor is he practicing.

I'm not a fan of Zak Keefer and I think this could be him just trying to stir the pot so to speak or it could be based on some observation that we, as fans, do not get to observe.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

He doesn't play with any urgency or tenacity either . What I hate is he stands so far of the receiver, which is bad for a player like him who doesn't break to the ball hard. If he had half the attitude, effort and tenacity of a player like Kenny Moore III, he would be an excellent corner.

He is 21 years old, hopefully we will mature.

• Like 1

Did not like this pick. It's interesting...the complete 180 from Ballard going from investing a 2nd round pick in a CB to filling the entire secondary with late picks, castoffs and UDFAs.

I have long thought that Pagano and coaches had some influence on that draft...so I am sticking to that because it makes me feel better.

The worst part, of course, is the opportunity cost. Kamara was my draft crush...can only imagine what he would do for this offense. But he wasn't the only good skill position player that was available.

8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

You would be surprised how long a concussion can hang around.

Just ask Kerry Collins.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

This.  As someone that has had several concussions, including 2 where I lost consciousness completely, you are 100% on the mark.

Everyone's body (and brain) reacts differently to concussions. 

32 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

What Keefer is telling you is that there is another issue outside of the concussion.

That's coming across as nothing more than pure speculation from Keefer.

I reserve the right to be wrong, but concussions can be nasty, nasty business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

What Keefer is telling you is that there is another issue outside of the concussion.

Keefer is speculating. I'm sure he's seen/heard something that he's not yet able to report, but he obviously doesn't really know whether Wilson has cleared protocol. 

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Yes.

The Yankees have a top outfielder prospect Clinton Frazier aka Red Thunder that has missed basically the whole season with  concussions. Infact it is feared his career is in danger because of it.

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Ballard has already had a big miss in OT Zach Banner from USC. He was an early 4th round pick and didn't even make the roster. 

You funny. The 32nd pick in the 4th round (early) can't be a big miss. At that position you hope they someday become a solid backup. HOPE   Swing and a miss.
Quincy lacks several tools to be a VG cornerback in this era of FB. JMO

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

So ignore the rest of the draft and focus on 1 4th round pick that didnt work out?  Its really no big deal.   Really.

you'll feel much better if you focus on pretty much ALL the other picks.  And most of the FAs too.

2 hours ago, zibby43 said:

That's coming across as nothing more than pure speculation from Keefer.

I reserve the right to be wrong, but concussions can be nasty, nasty business.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Keefer is speculating. I'm sure he's seen/heard something that he's not yet able to report, but he obviously doesn't really know whether Wilson has cleared protocol. 

Could be just speculation but it strikes me that he knows something but just can't confirm it.  And given Wilson's odd 2017 season, it strikes me as reasonable to think Keefer is on to something.

I believe the concussion, just like being in Pagano's nonexistent doghouse, is phony news. Quincy is a Grigson-level bust. If he wasn't a second round pick, he would have been cut a long time ago. When you see all the holes on the roster, this whiff is magnified. We need a good CB. Watson exposed the secondary badly 

3 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

He doesn't play with any urgency or tenacity either . What I hate is he stands so far of the receiver, which is bad for a player like him who doesn't break to the ball hard. If he had half the attitude, effort and tenacity of a player like Kenny Moore III, he would be an excellent corner.

He is 21 years old, hopefully we will mature.

Wilson just looks slow to me. He's a bigger, physical CB that can hit. In today's NFL, you have to be able to run with these speedy WR's. Quincy got exposed badly vs Cincy. Wilson was guarding Ross, but Ross made it look like he was not being guarded

23 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Unless Keefer has some more information than we do im not buying it. Concussions can have lingering affects and are some pretty bad injuries. Take into consideration Austin Collie Concussions killed his promising career. i wouldn't be surprised if he still has some concussed symptoms.

23 hours ago, chad72 said:

He was drafted for Pagano's system, just like John Simon and Jonathan Hankins were signed for Pagano's style of D, the 2-gap 3-4 with man CBs. However, it is not like there is no place for a man CB in the current system, and if he still cannot make it, the problem is with Quincy Wilson.

Like Darius Butler, who got shuffled around after being drafted by the Patriots high, and eventually found a spot here, Quincy Wilson might find his spot somewhere else. Best to get what you can for him. 

I truly don't think Ballard drafted ANYONE for the 3-4...I believe long term he took the most talented players he could find. I think Ballard had a plan to fire Chuck and put in what he wanted to put in regardless of who was here last year....but that is just my opinion.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 11:45 AM, BProland85 said:

All three of our 4th round picks in the 2017 were at the end of the round.    Not early.

And when you miss on a late 4th rounder,  that's hardly a "big miss."

19 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Wilson just looks slow to me. He's a bigger, physical CB that can hit. In today's NFL, you have to be able to run with these speedy WR's. Quincy got exposed badly vs Cincy. Wilson was guarding Ross, but Ross made it look like he was not being guarded

You have to be able to run with those speedy WR's especially when you're playing man or press coverage.

Much less so when you're playing zone which we now play most of the time.

That's why Ballard emphasis the front 7 being the most important part of the defense.   Not the back 4.