Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots are closing in on a deal to sign Josh Gordon

chad72

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

Congrats to them, but I do not think it will work out. 

I am thinking it will backfire like it did with Malcolm Floyd of the Cardinals after his DUI. 

They tried with Ocho Cinco, Floyd etc. but those Z wide outs have not worked out since Randy Moss so far. 

He's the perfect guy for the Pats to try to grab.

Buy super low. They don't give a crap about his long term prospects. He's a short term merc while they still have a championship window.

And their WRs are so jacked up that he could slot right in now.

If he doesn't work out they are no worse off than they are now.

If he does work out, they have him for this year and likely next on his RFA tender and then move on after 2019 when he is either due a decent contract and is 29 years old.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Browns get a 5th round pick. If Josh Gordon is not active for 10 games, Patriots get back a late round pick from Browns. 

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/41178/Patriots-Acquire-Josh-Gordon-For-5th-Round-Pick

Just another instance of them running circles around teams

Look, I get that Gordon has issues and is a head case.

For a 5th rounder he is a no brainer.

When you factor in that the Pats get a late rounder back if he doesn't suit up for 10+ games, it is a brilliant move.

You take a risk on Gordon and worst case you gave up say a 5th for a 7th to take that risk?

And if it does work out and you don't get that pick then that means Gordon played 10+ games for you at the cost of only a 5th?

Smart move for them with their desperate need for WR help

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Ricky Williams had a pretty bad drug habit and managed to make a pretty decent career out of it

Yeah, but that's different. This guy's been gone for a long time. He's gotta learn that system in ne. They are strict, he won't get any chances there.

He's more of a name then a performer at this point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PManTheGreatest said:

I guess this is not good news for Hogan on my fantasy team

I doubt Gordon makes much of an impact.   We have seen guys go there and not pick up the playbook.    Nothing about Josh Gordon makes me think he will.   Unless they just send him deep every play

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PManTheGreatest said:

I guess this is not good news for Hogan on my fantasy team

In fact, it is the opposite. Hogan will never see double teams now and Gronk and Gordon will see all the double teams. Just like it was with Cooks and Gronk last year alongside Hogan.

21 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Patriots got a steal imo. Wish we would’ve done the same. Legit WR1 with a conditional 5th round pick. Zero risk and tons of potential for the Pats

I dunno about that.  I think he's averaging 5 games a year for the last few years.  Hard to call him a legit #1 with such small sample size.  His first couple of years were legit.  Give me a full year now and then I can make that call.  For now, it's all about his up side, lol.

Did I not call this when others said, "Not another Josh Gordon thread".

I even called the team whom he would be picked up by, roughly 2-3 weeks ago. 

I said we should get him before the...Pats pick me up.

I stated his stats from a few years ago playing:

Steelers

Pat's

Jacksonville 

And that he tore them all up. Alot of you, (don't go hiding. Come on out) said alot of nothing! 

13 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Can at least 1 honest person say, "You know what @Rackeen305 I remember that thread where you gave stats, and had a dialog wit a guy in Indy about High school football a few weeks back.

I might disagree with alot of your posts @Rackeen305 but you absolutely hit on this topic a few weeks back"

Ahhh the old scattershot method. Say a bunch of crazy things and when you are finally right start a thread and demand people tell you good job.

• Like 1

The way I see it is there are two scenarios.

1) He washes out and everyone feels better about not taking a chance on him.

2) He ends up a home run trade for the Patriots, with minor investment, and people will still say “We are a character team and don’t want that kind of guy on our team”. 

I hope everyone at least wants the guy the guy to pull his life together first and foremost.