Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots are closing in on a deal to sign Josh Gordon

chad72

8 hours ago, JimJaime said:

No you said he be bad for the locker room.  Sometimes people just need a change of sceneries and not being around the same people to break the cycle of abuse..

Do you know what Ballard meant when he said high character players? 

Those are the type of players he wants in his locker rooms.  If that needs explaining any farther I guess I would be wasting a lot of time explaining it to you.

Could we possibly try to have a discussion about this without people getting overly ruffled that there are opinions different to their own? When it’s a qualitative discussion there will be no absolute right.

To the topic at hand, I think it’s a becoming recognised league wide that draft picks are over valued by teams and we’re seeing a shift to more trades. If you’re talking pure talent this is a no brainer but we know it’s about the risk factor. A no lose gamble for a 5th seems good business if you have a locker room full of veterans and an entrenched head coach. A first year HC and a younger team, maybe a bit riskier. I certainly wouldn’t have given up a 2nd!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

See Jonathan Newsome, Montori Hughes, Josh Chapman, Brody Eldridge, Marcus Howard. We could do this all day

And you would still be wrong.   I went back 3 drafts, all of the 5th round picks the past 3 drafts made the team.  You posted that 5th round picks were not likely to make the team.  You were wrong. 

37 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

And you would still be wrong.   I went back 3 drafts, all of the 5th round picks the past 3 drafts made the team.  You posted that 5th round picks were not likely to make the team.  You were wrong. 

So providing more examples than the ones you provided makes me wrong. Got it

22 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

So providing more examples than the ones you provided makes me wrong. Got it

You literally posted that 5th round picks were not likely to make the team.  The past 3 drafts every 5th round pick made the team, every one, 100%.  Considering that the average NFL player career lasts about 3 years, yes that makes you wrong. 

16 hours ago, Gramz said:

Hey buddy how are you?   Yes, I watched both of your games, thus, my statement earlier.  This is a different team.

Also, Tom is not invincible and he's been getting hit..  It may start to take a toll.

I'm not going to say they won't get it together though, cause sure as % they'll prove me wrong.  haha 

I'm good, thank you! Summer fly by like it usually does, huh? Kids are back in school and everyone is good. Hope the same is the case for you and yours. 

They definitely miss Edelman... I think it'll be a different offense when he's back. They're actually better equipped to play without Gronk (like 2016) than they are without Edelman.

The defense played well against Houston, but they were just awful against the Jags. We'll see if BB and crew can get it all straightened out. 

15 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Which makes me wonder why they got rid of two of their receivers in the offseason?

Me too, lol... but in the end, it's what they do. They were never going to hang on to Cooks because they would never pay him what the Rams payed him, and Amendola finally said no to taking a pay cut. Mitchell would have stuck but it looks like his career is done (knee). And they've had almost no success drafting the position for the entirety of Belichick's tenure. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Do you know what Ballard meant when he said high character players? 

Those are the type of players he wants in his locker rooms.  If that needs explaining any farther I guess I would be wasting a lot of time explaining it to you.

You do know the only reason he says that is because the Colts have a 1st year HC and well “high character” players make it easier for him.  Trust me has nothing really do with character just the red shirt freshman HC.. nothing more.. (I also wasn’t arguing that Indy be a good fit either, Gordon needs a outfit like NE which is all business nothing else.)

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

You do know the only reason he says that is because the Colts have a 1st year HC and well “high character” players make it easier for him.  Trust me has nothing really do with character just the red shirt freshman HC.. nothing more.. (I also wasn’t arguing that Indy be a good fit either, Gordon needs a outfit like NE which is all business nothing else.)

:facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Link?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Could we possibly try to have a discussion about this without people getting overly ruffled that there are opinions different to their own? When it’s a qualitative discussion there will be no absolute right.

To the topic at hand, I think it’s a becoming recognised league wide that draft picks are over valued by teams and we’re seeing a shift to more trades. If you’re talking pure talent this is a no brainer but we know it’s about the risk factor. A no lose gamble for a 5th seems good business if you have a locker room full of veterans and an entrenched head coach. A first year HC and a younger team, maybe a bit riskier. I certainly wouldn’t have given up a 2nd!

Yeah its a shame. As a NE fan I was happy all those years teams like Browns & Lions going crazy with those high 1st round picks and got busted on them. Eventually I figured they'd catch on and now like you said they have. :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I think it's more the CBA effect. Players are mad about length and guarantee for their contracts so they just don't play. If a player doesn't play you might as well trade them and draft another one.