Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.J. Green released

BlueShoe

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Depending on Hooker and Geathers health yes. It must mean they are fully recovered. I thought Green may stick around as insurance early on.

there are better options on the roster right now than green to back up the starters

• Like 4

I’m not going to kick a man while he’s down. But I will say it’s not a surprising move at all. Had all the measureables but none of the skill or natural football IQ for the position.

Two guys from Grigson’s 2016 class both gone in the same week. Crazy. Only Kelly, Haeg, Clark, and Ridgeway remain from that class and Clark is on the bubble.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m not going to kick a man while he’s down. But I will say it’s not a surprising move at all. Had all the measureables but none of the skill or natural football IQ for the position.

Two guys from Grigson’s 2016 class both gone in the same week. Crazy. Only Kelly, Haeg, Clark, and Ridgeway remain from that class and Clark is on the bubble.

Nahh, I dont believe Clark is on the bubble as we need someone to play either Tackle positions.

Speed may be able to get you drafted, but in order to sustain you need to make plays on the field. 

Unfortunately for Green he just didn't make enough of them.  I will be curious to see if any other teams sign him.  I believe he still can improve his game, but I don't know if teams have that much patience.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Again odd NFL personalisation rules. You can’t get a name on the back of it’s the surname of a player who isn’t on your team... or that was the case when I last tried.

Don’t have an issue with the name but the number I use has been a retired Colts # for years

Interesting. While I hated the pick from the beginning and new it was a comical reach I actually thought he had a chance this year.  We have 2 oft injured safeties and he was a player who had been improving (not rapidly but steady) so I figured he had quite a bit of ammo to stay.

Hope he does well in his future endeavors.

53 minutes ago, Savage21 said:

Another bust by Grigson. At least Grigson didn't throw a four year $24 million contract at him like he did to Laron Landry lol.

If I recall the story when he was drafted was that pagano was pounding on the table saying they had to have him because teams were after him.  I think he was more a Pagano guy than a Grigson guy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Clark is done. Another bust of a Grigson experiment. More dead weight if u ask me. Good week. Unloaded Morrison and now FINALLY Green...

I feel for him. Say what you want about ability to play the game but he gave it his all, even when hung out to dry at corner against one of the best offenses in the nfl on day one last year. A ridiculous call, one which Ballard took part of the blame for.

Some players just aren't cut out to be NFL players, even with all the athleticism in the world.....doesnt make him a bad guy.

All be best TJ.

14 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Another busted Grigson draft pick. Ryan has to be the worst GM of all time. It's honestly hard to have such an atrocious track record of roster management

It's amazing he was so bad. Think about it he had 5 drafts and as of now there are what 8 players left. I think counting Luck is being generous. That was more a product of having the top pick. We will give him 8 but we haven't made it through cuts yet. We could see more cut loose

It wouldn't surprise me if Clark or Good are shown the door despite our need at T.  One isn't very good there other is serviceable but can't stay on the field. Webb probably makes it we will see how the rest plays out.  Luck Hilton Kelly Haeg Geathers and Rideway are all safe. If you take a look at the guys that were cut many were straight out of the league.  He has to have one of the all time worst draft records. I'm not sure he could've done worse if he tried. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Not surprised. Hope he find another team somewhere, tho.

15 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Looks like some will need to find a new whipping boy.  Good luck T.J. on your next chapter.

14 hours ago, Mike Tahoe said:

Speed may be able to get you drafted, but in order to sustain you need to make plays on the field. 

Unfortunately for Green he just didn't make enough of them.  I will be curious to see if any other teams sign him.  I believe he still can improve his game, but I don't know if teams have that much patience.

If he gets back on an NFL squad, I'll have a feeling it will be with Pete Carroll and the Seahawks.  If not, I think he stays in shape in case mid season injuries make teams call.  Otherwise, he might be headed to the AAF league to develop.  Player recruitment for the AAF starts in December I believe.