Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN having fun with different trade scenarios

Deadpool

ESPN had a little fun doing wild trades. and out of all of them I liked the trade for # 1 overall pick. 

Colts send Luck and the #6 pick to cleveland for their 1, 4, 35th and next years first rounder. Then Colts would have the choice of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at # 1 and could still get Barkley or Chubb at 4. Another one they did was Colts and Miami trade of # 6 to Miami for # 11 and next years first rounder. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23120758/all-trades-2018-nfl-mock-draft-bill-barnwell-imagines-first-round-deals-all-32-teams

• Like 1

I’d do that trade with Cleveland.  2 of the top 4 picks plus 4 more in the second.... is a lot of talent to bring in. 

Especially when I feel the chances of Luck being 100% are not good. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

ESPN had a little fun doing wild trades. and out of all of them I liked the trade for # 1 overall pick. 

Colts send Luck and the #6 pick to cleveland for their 1, 4, 35th and next years first rounder. Then Colts would have the choice of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at # 1 and could still get Barkley or Chubb at 4. Another one they did was Colts and Miami trade of # 6 to Miami for # 11 and next years first rounder. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23120758/all-trades-2018-nfl-mock-draft-bill-barnwell-imagines-first-round-deals-all-32-teams

Cap hit looks to be 44 million ?

22 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

That was depressing, giving up Andrew. I know its all fun that idea makes me sick lol

I was listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan do their mock last Friday.  Jim had the Colts trade for the #2 pick and select a QB.

I turned it off at that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Personally, I would be tempted to make the trade with Cleveland if they called and that was the offer. I thought this was a fun mock draft. Granted, neither side is going to even consider this but it was fun to speculate and ask "what if?".

I would be tempted as well. Ballard and Reich's QB of choice and another one of the top players...and then four picks in the first half of the 2nd round. You could literally build one half of the ball in the first two rounds. 

And then with Brissett starting (I assume the rookie QB would sit for a year), as well as having rookies in so many spots, the Colts are a lock to get a top pick next year (maybe even the top pick). Get one of Oliver or Gary. Plus you would have another 1st round pick to address another position...and then two 2nd round picks.

At that point, with all of that young talent AND a boatload of cap space, the roster should be strong enough to insert that 2nd-year QB and be instantly competing for a playoff spot...if not more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpool said:

Wouldn’t do it ..... nobody in this draft even comes close to Lucks talent. I don’t care if we get 2-3 first rounders for this .... our team would be in even bigger trouble if Luck went. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I think it would be less since part of that dead cap hit includes guaranteed base salary, which would transfer to CLE.

Could be that's the case as I was wondering the same thing. Spotrac wasn't real clear on what  made up the guaranteed money. 

I kind of hate myself for it but I would think long and hard about both of those options. 

Andrew’s durability worries me now. He’s a warrior but you can’t throw at a ProBowl level with a lame shoulder. I’d fight to keep #6 instead of taking the 2nd rounder from them though. So we’d end up with 1,4 & 6 and our existing 2nd rounders. With the picks we got back from Cleveland we could pick up Mayfield who is pretty perfect for Reich’s RPO. Either Chubb or Barkley at #4, whichever player NYG don’t take. And maybe Nelson at #6. Or even a modest trade back for more picks. And even without that second trade, 3 picks in the top half of the 2nd round to galvanise both sides of the ball. That’s an insane retool. 

I love Andrew and I’m pulling for him. But I can’t say honestly that I’m 100% confident that he’s physically capable of being the top 5 QB he used to be. And I have my doubts whether stubbornly nailing our team’s success to Andrew’s questionable health is a good idea in the long term.

For the 2nd one I’d want something this year as well as a 1st next year for #6 from Miami though, especially if a QB is at stake for them. I want their #1 next year because I think there’s a high probability it’ll be a top 10 pick. But I’d ask for an additional 3rd this year as a QB premium. The point system kind of goes out the window in the top 10, especially when a QB is involved.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I was listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan do their mock last Friday.  Jim had the Colts trade for the #2 pick and select a QB.

I turned it off at that point.

Yeah good call.  If the Colts wanted a QB they would have stayed at three.  People just have to talk to fill air time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't understand this weird obsession some people have with trading Luck.  If there were concerns about Luck, would Ballard trade the 3rd overall pick to a QB-needy team?

ballard is not psychic.  they said he would be back last year too

im mostly worried about his ability to take hits going forward.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

ballard is not psychic.  they said he would be back last year too

im mostly worried about his ability to take hits going forward.  

Ballard isn't psychic, but he has direct contact with the Colts doctors and trainers, and with Andrew himself, and they can all speak frankly with one another instead of having to use media-talk in front of the cameras.  That's more than what any of us or anyone at ESPN has

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Ballard isn't psychic, but he has direct contact with the Colts doctors and trainers, and with Andrew himself, and they can all speak frankly with one another instead of having to use media-talk in front of the cameras.  That's more than what any of us or anyone at ESPN has

he may come back, but that doesnt mean he will play to 40

id consider a trade because his durability may have been compromised   

What I don't understand (and never have) in all of these "trade Luck" scenarios is, why would any team bring him in if he's not healthy on his contract? The Colts would only want to move on if he's not going to be 100% going forward, I'm guessing, so then who's swooping in on that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

What I don't understand (and never have) in all of these "trade Luck" scenarios is, why would any team bring him in if he's not healthy on his contract? The Colts would only want to move on if he's not going to be 100% going forward, I'm guessing, so then who's swooping in on that?

hypothetical.

i wouldnt trade for him if i was another team

3 hours ago, Deadpool said:

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

That was depressing, giving up Andrew. I know its all fun that idea makes me sick lol

Yeah, I saw that first trade and immediately closed the page

• Like 3

Crazy talk.  You go with Luck until it is proven he can’t play at all.  He is a generational talent that is far better than any QB in this draft.  To dump him without waiting would be dumb. Chargers gave up on a top 5 QB and he won a Super Bowl with a perennial losing Saints.

53 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Crazy talk.  You go with Luck until it is proven he can’t play at all.  He is a generational talent that is far better than any QB in this draft.  To dump him without waiting would be dumb. Chargers gave up on a top 5 QB and he won a Super Bowl with a perennial losing Saints.

The Colts essentially gave up on a HOF QB and went with Luck.  That bet ended up positive at the beginning but now it's a mixed bag.  Just like no one knew how Peyton would be after his injury, the same goes for Luck.  It doesn't matter what the doctors say.  They have already been wrong with this specific injury and he had to get it worked on again.  This could end up being a Grant Hill situation or end up with Luck being 100% next season.  No one really knows.  To make the gamble and get all those picks for him now is the only way to cash in on that uncertainty.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Exactly. You have to ride that horse until it proves it’s out to pasture. But people should look beyond Luck’s shoulder. The bicep tendon is what may be the killer problem. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I'd rather keep Luck at this point.  He may very well never be the same again, but I don't see anybody in this draft even close in comparison.  I'll take my chances that Luck makes it back.

A bad Luck is better than all these prospects. 

Mans he probably won’t be bad, so I’m keeping Luck no matter what if I’m Ballard

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I'd rather keep Luck at this point.  He may very well never be the same again, but I don't see anybody in this draft even close in comparison.  I'll take my chances that Luck makes it back.

110% agree. None of these guys are anything close to Luck. I stand with my opinion that these guys will be busteriffic. Especially Darnold.

• Like 1

I would do the trade with Cleveland at the moment. I'm just not optimistic about Luck and you select your next franchise QB and have another top five pick. I was an advocate for letting Manning go and my allegiance is to the Colts, not anyone player.  

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

You actually don't know that.   No one out side 56th does

Really? He can’t throw a football...yet he can pass a physical? Luck is on his way to recovery...but if he isn’t at the process to be throwing he isn’t healthy enough to pass a physical.