Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Update

Case

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems like this is more of a holistic approach while throwing the football is a huge milestone i though how his body looked in the presser and how he answered questions looks like the old Luck was back. Not worried here but i'm excited as any fan should be to see him back on the field soon.

39 minutes ago, waka waka said:

seems like this is more of a holistic approach while throwing the football is a huge milestone i though how his body looked in the presser and how he answered questions looks like the old Luck was back. Not worried here but i'm excited as any fan should be to see him back on the field soon.

I think we're allowed to have our OTA's a little earlier since we'll have a new HC.  Probably the beginning of April. 

Hopefully he's throwing bombs by then!

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice to wake-up on my birthday and get good news for Luck.     I'll take that,  thank you very much!

And yet.....

Oddly enough,  I'm just not convinced,  and won't be until Luck actually starts throwing.    I'm just funny that way.

And while Luck may talk again around the time that McDaniels is introduced next week,   I'm not expecting him to be able to say much if he hasn't started throwing yet.     So, it might not be until early March -- right after the combine -- until we have a better understanding of where Luck is.

So.....    I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions just yet.....    this is modestly enouraging,  but only to a point.

We're just going to have to do what Luck and Ballard have been saying....    Trust the Process.

You're not the only one.  I'll believe it when I see it.  

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

That's by far the best news I have heared on luck in the last 4 months.

Its not good news.

He can be as close as he wants but we don't know if he can throw or not and we won't know if he needs a surgery until he throws.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice to wake-up on my birthday and get good news for Luck.     I'll take that,  thank you very much!

And yet.....

Oddly enough,  I'm just not convinced,  and won't be until Luck actually starts throwing.    I'm just funny that way.

And while Luck may talk again around the time that McDaniels is introduced next week,   I'm not expecting him to be able to say much if he hasn't started throwing yet.     So, it might not be until early March -- right after the combine -- until we have a better understanding of where Luck is.

So.....    I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions just yet.....    this is modestly enouraging,  but only to a point.

We're just going to have to do what Luck and Ballard have been saying....    Trust the Process.

Happy birthday dude my birthday is on march 14 day of free agency soo hopefully we both get good news!!

24 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Its not good news.

He can be as close as he wants but we don't know if he can throw or not and we won't know if he needs a surgery until he throws.

Well, you are right....it can be bad news if he needs surgery again.

He originally had his surgery last January and then missed the 2017 season. If he needs surgery again, we may not find out until mid-late February and he will have surgery after that. His 2018 season would be in doubt.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice to wake-up on my birthday and get good news for Luck.     I'll take that,  thank you very much

I was gonna leave a shiny new toy in your driveway, but I couldn't decide if you were a Porsche or Ferrari guy. Happy Birthday NCF! 

4 hours ago, Gramz said:

Or at least trade him to another board. haha

I never slam any forum member, but I must admit that reply was clever & very original. Thanks for the laugh Gramz. 

When somebody makes me cackle out loud, I gotta give em props. 

10 hours ago, CamMo said:

I’m just going to stay cautiously...pessimistic. That way maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised lol

I keep reading that last sentence over & over again particularly the 2 words I highlighted in red. 

So, you want Luck to fail or suffer a setback then? Look, I get your sense of trepidation about Luck's recovery timetable. I won't tell you what to think CMO, but from my perspective, Andrew probably just wants to get reps in private so that by the time Colts fans see him sling the ball INDY fans will go, "Yep, Chewbacca is back & the Blue Horseshoe can start winning division titles again."

That's how I look at it anyway.  

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Its not good news.

Thats not necessarily true at all. It may determine how slow they need to take the process or how to progress him, but there’s plenty of tests/measures/imaging to be done to see if the tissue is properly healed. If the bicep tendon wasn’t healing by now he would’ve had another surgery. 

Im not exactly taking this as good news until he’s practicing again, but it’s not bad news.

26 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I keep reading that last sentence over & over again particularly the 2 words I highlighted in red. 

So, you want Luck to fail or suffer a setback then? Look, I get your sense of trepidation about Luck's recovery timetable. I won't tell you what to think CMO, but from my perspective, Andrew probably just wants to get reps in private so that by the time Colts fans see him sling the ball INDY fans will go, "Yep, Chewbacca is back & the Blue Horseshoe can start winning division titles again."

That's how I look at it anyway.  

No way, man. I want Luck to succeed and win endless amounts of Superbowls with the Colts haha  I think he’s a beast. And that’s why I don’t want to get my hopes up about him being all good now.

I DO believe he’ll be back this season, just think it’s too premature to say “no surgery.”

18 minutes ago, CamMo said:

No way, man. I want Luck to succeed and win endless amounts of Superbowls with the Colts haha  I think he’s a beast. And that’s why I don’t want to get my hopes up about him being all good now.

I DO believe he’ll be back this season, just think it’s too premature to say “no surgery.”

I wasn't really criticizing you on purpose CMO. I just found your word choice [cautiously optimistic]...Unsettling. Yeah, I know hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I get it.

Given how long it took for Pagano to admit that Luck was done & wouldn't be starting for us this past season; You don't wanna feel like you're being lied to anymore about Luck's status. 

I know you're a huge Luck fan & his health is tied to the team's success. I know that. I want Lombardys too Bad. I read ya. We're cool CMO. 

4 hours ago, BPindy said:

Thats not necessarily true at all. It may determine how slow they need to take the process or how to progress him, but there’s plenty of tests/measures/imaging to be done to see if the tissue is properly healed. If the bicep tendon wasn’t healing by now he would’ve had another surgery. 

Im not exactly taking this as good news until he’s practicing again, but it’s not bad news.

He was healed before but there was still residual pain.

We won't know anything for sure until he throws.

17 hours ago, stitches said:

If he progresses through the throwing program ok then I don't think there will be too much problems.  Just got to know he can throw the football without more shoulder problems flaring up.  

After that he's got 6 full months before Training Camp even starts.  And given that OTA's are done without pads, there is a good chance he could be ready for OTA's.  

Maybe it's a little foolish but I'm feeling pretty optimistic about Luck.  I can't believe McDaniels would choose the Colts without some confidence that Luck could play.  Guy isn't some bottom of the barrel coaching hire, he had options.    

21 hours ago, CamMo said:

Of course it’s not the ONLY way of knowing, but how is the actual act of throwing a football not a test at all? The article says he’s close to throwing and will not need more surgery. Sooo what happens when he starts chucking footballs and the same thing happens as last time?

The time that has elapsed since then and the muscle he has gained and balanced should coordinate nicely with a positive outcome. Basically the pain shouldn’t happen, or is much less likely to. 

Too many assumptions being thrown around here:

Luck might be ready to start throwing, but if he isn't throwing we don't know anything yet.

Luck said there are other ways to know - but the reality is until he is throwing at full velocity none of us know how his shoulder will respond.  Will he have the velocity, touch, and accuracy?

McDaniels wouldn't come here if Luck wasn't healthy - We just don't know that.  Complete assumption.

It sounds like good news at this point, but let's just relax and give this time.