Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Update

Case

1 hour ago, MightyLucks said:

Luck specifically said that throwing wasn’t the only way of knowing when he held that presser last month. 

Of course it’s not the ONLY way of knowing, but how is the actual act of throwing a football not a test at all? The article says he’s close to throwing and will not need more surgery. Sooo what happens when he starts chucking footballs and the same thing happens as last time?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited to hear about his progress.

There's been too many people hating on Luck, including some Colts fans. He's been counted out since the beginning of last season, I need to see my guy back and this team back at the top of the division.

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

I can guess just as well as you.
  The soreness is gone.
   And Lucky is ready to refine his mechanics and start throwing the route tree
  He should be looking good before free agency and be ready to be traded to Cleveland by then. yippee

And then McDaniels will bring Tebow in and we will go to the Super Bowl by beating New England 40 to 5 in the AFCC in New England after which McDaniels will proceed to the middle of the field and laugh hysterically in belichek's face as a meteor crashes into Earth

1 hour ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

I'm surprised he isn't throwing yet. I'm also surprised to see Rapsheet say, very clearly and definitely, that he doesn't need another surgery. 

If it's 100% true he doesn't need another surgery, that's the ultimate takeaway here. 

I guess this is my main point. How can they say “no surgery” until he throws a football?

I’m not sure what “working on arm speed” actually entails, but his workouts could be using the exact same muscle mechanics as throwing a football?...I was a soccer player, I know zero about how the shoulder and bicep interact to cause the issue Andrew had (has?)

27 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The soreness is gone.
  He should be looking good before free agency and be ready to be traded to Cleveland by then. yippee

We tried to trade you to Cleveland. 

They vehemently declined. 

Which is sad, we had dropped the price all the way down to a roll of trash bags. Now we’re stuck with you and nothing to contain you in. 

53 minutes ago, Restored said:

I agree and people need to stop thinking that throwing a football is the tell-all for how his shoulder is doing.

What should be the tell-all? Ian Rapaport’s verbiage? Andrew’s gut feeling? His muscle mass? 

Those arms are looking hella good. 

33 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The soreness is gone.

:troll:

Cautiously optimistic here as others have stated.  I think this is a good sign, but it may not be the tell all.  I am encouraged at how he looks physically more than anything. Hopefully this is the start of the Colts being reborn.  IF he comes back healthy and we do some work in the draft and via FA..there is no reason we can't compete for the South crown next year.

2 hours ago, life long said:

Im a bit confused. How would they know he wont need another surgery if he hasnt thrown yet? I was under the impression he has to throw, then see if there is soreness and pain... It would be fantastic if i am mistaken.

Not sure. My best guess is that since one of the main concerns was with his bicep, they're able to see that it's intact via MRI, and can see that no further procedures will be required. Again, that's total speculation on my part.

With the trio of Ballard, McDaniels, and Luck ready to throw again, I'm more optimistic now than I have been in a couple years. More excited for FA, the draft, and watching Luck progress than ever before. We are behind in our quest to win a SB with Andrew Luck as QB, but now it looks like there may be light at the end of the tunnel. This FA class and draft is going to be vital to our future success. I hope Ballard hits on both. If we have any sort of major competitive team around Luck, we have a chance. We also probably won't have anywhere close to the #3 pick anytime soon.

12 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Not sure. My best guess is that since one of the main concerns was with his bicep, they're able to see that it's intact via MRI, and can see that no further procedures will be required. Again, that's total speculation on my part.

not only that, but if the surrounding muscles are now stronger than they were in October, then that will help tenfold. 

Nice to wake-up on my birthday and get good news for Luck.     I'll take that,  thank you very much!

And yet.....

Oddly enough,  I'm just not convinced,  and won't be until Luck actually starts throwing.    I'm just funny that way.

And while Luck may talk again around the time that McDaniels is introduced next week,   I'm not expecting him to be able to say much if he hasn't started throwing yet.     So, it might not be until early March -- right after the combine -- until we have a better understanding of where Luck is.

So.....    I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions just yet.....    this is modestly enouraging,  but only to a point.

We're just going to have to do what Luck and Ballard have been saying....    Trust the Process.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice to wake-up on my birthday and get good news for Luck.     I'll take that,  thank you very much!

And yet.....

Oddly enough,  I'm just not convinced,  and won't be until Luck actually starts throwing.    I'm just funny that way.

And while Luck may talk again around the time that McDaniels is introduced next week,   I'm not expecting him to be able to say much if he hasn't started throwing yet.     So, it might not be until early March -- right after the combine -- until we have a better understanding of where Luck is.

So.....    I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions just yet.....    this is modestly enouraging,  but only to a point.

We're just going to have to do what Luck and Ballard have been saying....    Trust the Process.

First of all, Happy Birthday!

And I'm with you....I will wait and see. I don't think Luck is in the clear yet. Also, I vaguely recall from Luck's last press conference that he stated he was just a week or so away from throwing, and now here we are a month later and he hasn't started to throw yet. It seems that whatever is going on with his shoulder, it's taking a very long time for him to gain confidence in it. I'm hoping for the best....there's still plenty of time.

Edit: I went back and read the script from his interview and he did not mention a timetable for when he was planning on throwing the football. Good news, we may be on track.

Amazing how many posts have been placed on Luck's injury when no one knows anything. Luck has to feel good about being liked in Indy and elsewhere. On Jim Rome this morning(01/30/18) an update said he is not throwing. My fingers have been crossed so long I no longer need chopsticks.

4 hours ago, CamMo said:

I don’t get how him being “very close” to throwing equates to no more surgeries. I thought throwing an actual football would be the test.

I’m just going to stay cautiously...pessimistic. That way maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised lol

This just means we won't get any significant news next week at the JM presser.  Which means we won't know anything until probably OTAs.

2 hours ago, Restored said:

And then McDaniels will bring Tebow in and we will go to the Super Bowl by beating New England 40 to 5 in the AFCC in New England after which McDaniels will proceed to the middle of the field and laugh hysterically in belichek's face as a meteor crashes into Earth

Hopefully the meteor will not hit any of the flying pigs on the way down and won't mess up the massive arctic cold front that will be surely due to pass through hades.  

2 hours ago, CamMo said:

What should be the tell-all? Ian Rapaport’s verbiage? Andrew’s gut feeling? His muscle mass? 

Those arms are looking hella good. 

Out of curiosity, I noticed that you used the word "hella". Are you from NorCal?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-andrew-luck-throwing-program-0130-story.html

Colts might not know Andrew Luck's status before draft

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck watches the season finale against the Houston Texans, (AJ Mast / AP)
ProFootballDocContact ReporterSports Medical Analyst

The good news is Andrew Luck is reportedly in Los Angeles and set to begin a throwing program.

The bad news is it could take months before Andrew Luck and the Colts know his status for sure.

Last year, he threw as part of rehab but never progressed to full practice.

Typically, one throws in rehab for at least a month, then progresses to limited practice for a month and then a full-go trial.

Realistically, it may be three months or more before Luck can be sure he will be fine for the 2018 season.

I expect and hope he will do well, but there is no certainty after all he has been through the past two-plus years.

Obviously, any setback that involved surgery would at this point jeopardize his ability to play at the start of the 2018 season, which is why I lobbied for a scope to make sure.

The key here is things may look good and Luck may be progressing, but it is entirely possible that on draft day the Colts won't have a guarantee on the health of their franchise quarterback.

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

weird, I'm from West-Central IN, and everyone said "hella" growing up....  

I think it originated in Northern California and is now used all around. "Wicked" on the other hand is still a North East thing, (that's wicked cool, or wicked smaht ((smart)).

Per Wikipedia:  Hella is an American slang term that originated in East Oakland, California, but has since spread to become native slang to all of northern California. It is used as an adverb such as in "hella bad" or "hella good" and was eventually added to the Oxford English Dictionaryin 2002. 

6 hours ago, crunked said:

The longer it takes for Luck to re-grow a new shoulder the more this reminds me of the old Underdog episode I watched as a kid where he hurt his back......he kept saying, "When I stand up I am right as rain, but when I bend over there's a stabbing pain" 

I doubt if Luck has a sword stuck down his shirt that he forgot about.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And yet.....

Happy Birthday, sir!

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And yet.....

Happy Birthday, NCF!