Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That's my CB!

IndyScribe

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

if Carson Wentz was going to play id actually watch the Superbowl. But i guess ill just tune in to some TV show instead:spit:

yep.  Cause all the commercials suck these days.  That was always the highlight for me when the Colts werent in it

2 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Honestly this postseason hasn't been interesting for me I was rooting for the jags just cause I strongly dislike Brady but that is honestly the only game I watched besides the rams and falcons since I live in LA

I am just tired of watching the same team. It's beyond old. I am part of the dwindling numbers game....

Just now, Four2itus said:

I am just tired of watching the same team. It's beyond old. I am part of the dwindling numbers game....

The NFC had 5 new teams and the AFC had 3.....I am just upset at how bad the officiating has been all postseason it is hard to watch a game with how bad it is especially in any Pats game last night it was like 100 penalty yards on Jax but only 10 on Pats the refs literally handed them a TD drive sad to watch

7 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

The NFC had 5 new teams and the AFC had 3.....I am just upset at how bad the officiating has been all postseason it is hard to watch a game with how bad it is especially in any Pats game last night it was like 100 penalty yards on Jax but only 10 on Pats the refs literally handed them a TD drive sad to watch

Oh, I agree. I did watch most of the playoff games, I meant the SB...which is what this thread was about. 

They need to hold referees accountable for their horrible play calling. Pay them more, or fire them and hire someone else. It seems that every year lately there is a major game changing questionable penalty. I just don't remember it being this bad before. It's gotten so consistent I'm waiting for the ref to make a call that will change the tide of the game, and I honestly shouldn't have to expect that every year. 

I'm on the SB boycott. I'm sick and tired of watching the NFL paid

refs ensure the Pats have an edge in every game they play. 

If they don't stop the blatant favoritism bias for the Pats

then I will stop watching the NFL altogether. Tired of watching

sketchy football.

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

As much as I agree, I think this shows he is still a bit immature to feel the need to make this public. 

Agreed. This is exactly why Pagano kept referring to him as a 20-year old. 

His skills did not keep him out of the lineup. His immaturity did. 

Just now, DaveA1102 said:

Worst collection of fans at a sporting event ever? 

Wouldn't want to be a Minneapolis resident that week. 

For sure. I just cant stand the NFL this year and last. I'm seriously considering cancelling my Superbowl party that has been going on every year for 10 years.

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I couldn't ask for a worse Superbowl. I hate the Pats and the Eagles. 

I’m with you. I was afraid this might happen: two teams I dislike in the SB. THESE two teams, specifically. But what can you do except not watch? 

After the USA Today article about Eagles fans throwing beer cans at Vikings fans and at their buses, I can’t bring myself to root for them, as much as I dislike NE.     Every fan base has their “*s” but certain fan bases approve of and justify some pretty obnoxious behavior, Philadelphia and New England being prime examples.

So, here’s my perspective: If NE wins, I’ll stop hearing the Eagles chatter and if Philly wins, no ring for TB. A win-win, I guess.

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

They need to hold referees accountable for their horrible play calling. Pay them more, or fire them and hire someone else. It seems that every year lately there is a major game changing questionable penalty. I just don't remember it being this bad before. It's gotten so consistent I'm waiting for the ref to make a call that will change the tide of the game, and I honestly shouldn't have to expect that every year. 

Hey, the refs have Grit !! they will keep chopping wood ! everything will be OK !!...LOL

yea the officiating in the two games at gillette stadium this playoffs was beyond questionable, definitely makes it hard to watch. Ill tune in hoping the Eagles will pull off a miracle, but once the Pats take control (which they likely will) ill turn it off. Its just sad that the refs control the game in so many ways nowadays whether they are paid to do so or not. (i fully believe they are).

5 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

yea the officiating in the two games at gillette stadium this playoffs was beyond questionable, definitely makes it hard to watch. Ill tune in hoping the Eagles will pull off a miracle, but once the Pats take control (which they likely will) ill turn it off. Its just sad that the refs control the game in so many ways nowadays whether they are paid to do so or not. (i fully believe they are).

By eliminating much of the rule book, you eliminate much of the reffing. Let them play. This is the NFL, you know what you're getting into. 

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

yep.  Cause all the commercials suck these days.  That was always the highlight for me when the Colts werent in it

Here's a drinking game: Take a shot every time you hear "Dilly dilly."

Hint: You'll hear it a lot.

18 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Man, you guys aren't giving the eagles much respect.  The Eagles, not the patriots, were the most impressive team over the weekend.   Not saying the will win, but they have a decent shot.

If they play like they did last night they can win they just can't forget how to play defense like Jacksonville did foles is better then bortles lol

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Isn't anyone going to watch the game simply to see how Josh McDaniel does?!?

You know....  our new head coach?

Doesn't anyone want to see McDaniel perform?  Anyone?    Anyone at all?

Hello?   Is this thing working?      :peek:

He won't have the same success here unless he brings the referees 

with him next year. 

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

The only bad call I rember against the jags was the 1st half interference against Bouye. Not sure why people are crying about the refs.

I would suggest it is the non-calls that weren't given. The Pats were down most of the game and only got one penalty?

Ultimately the Jags let themselves down with stupid plays that gave up massive yards.

6 hours ago, dodsworth said:

I'm on the SB boycott. I'm sick and tired of watching the NFL paid

refs ensure the Pats have an edge in every game they play. 

If they don't stop the blatant favoritism bias for the Pats

then I will stop watching the NFL altogether. Tired of watching

sketchy football.

This is sad, but so true. it was so odd that before the flags started flying near the end of the first half I was reading the comments of the fans and they were saying "just watch and the refs will take over this game" --"the flags will start flying soon" and they did. it really is a trend (especially for one team) when people start saying it before it happens

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

The only bad call I rember against the jags was the 1st half interference against Bouye. Not sure why people are crying about the refs.

I think it's mostly an issue of the LACK of calls. The Patriots only had ONE call against them all game, which the NFL mentioned hasn't happened to a playoff team since 2011. That is very impressive to go an entire 60 minutes with only one penalty.

7 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

For sure. I just cant stand the NFL this year and last. I'm seriously considering cancelling my Superbowl party that has been going on every year for 10 years.

I haven’t watched the games since the first colts home game this year. Watched the pats/jags game and I thought some calls that weren’t made against the pats were an issue but I also feel the Jags played scared after the middle of the 3rd quarter on and the Pats did what they always do, complete games. As for the nfl in general, we won’t watch the SB game for the first time in a long time nor attend a party with friends. As someone said, even the commercial side aren’t very good anymore. I just have to decide whether or not I have any desire to keep the season tickets or just be done with them altogether. Tough choice that I don’t want to make a rash decision on. Clock ticks though. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Isn't anyone going to watch the game simply to see how Josh McDaniel does?!?

You know....  our new head coach?

Doesn't anyone want to see McDaniel perform?  Anyone?    Anyone at all?

Hello?   Is this thing working?      :peek:

One game does not a career make. I've seen enough Patriots games with him calling plays to have an idea what we're getting into. Watching the Super Bowl isn't going to have any effect on that one way or another. 

It shouldn't for anyone. 

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

I also feel the Jags played scared after the middle of the 3rd quarter on and the Pats did what they always do, complete games.

Honest to god truth right there. I don't think they played scared, necessarily, but they played stupid. A lot of strange playcalling offensively. Like last year's SB, the Jags gave that game away more than the Patriots won it. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Honest to god truth right there. I don't think they played scared, necessarily, but they played stupid. A lot of strange playcalling offensively. Like last year's SB, the Jags gave that game away more than the Patriots won it. 

Maybe it was stupid play calling, I call it scared. They tried to run the ball to bleed the clock and they hadn’t really had success in that all game. Those 5-6 yard passes were what got them the first half lead. I think they went away from what worked and Bortles showed he is an avg qb still.