Vontae Davis released

Case

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Don’t mind him being released but this whole situation has been poorly handled. Then again that shouldn’t surprise me considering the Franchise smh

This seems to be the new SOP for this team..... cover up, lie, mis-direct.... mislead...

Just now, Old Colt said:

This seems to be the new SOP for this team..... cover up, lie, mis-direct.... mislead...

not to sound like a homer, but according to the team, which claims to have medical documentation proving Vontae was fully medically cleared, I think this was Vontae hiding the injury from the team.  Now that he's been released, this may have been exactly why.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Don’t mind him being released but this whole situation has been poorly handled. Then again that shouldn’t surprise me considering the Franchise smh

I wholeheartedly disagree. Davis wasn't playing well because of a previous injury that had healed well enough to be cleared to play by team doctors. He didn't like being demoted. But the Colts could not put him on the field because he was a liability.

Why can't it simply be that some injuries are difficult to assess by both doctors and players, instead of it always being that the team mishandled it, or the team is lying about it?

I’m thinking Vontae was upset with being shopped around during the trade period so he decided he would milk his injury and not play for the Colts. Ballard and Coaches then decided to cut him. Good move. Sets a tone and gives them a chance to watch some younger guys. 

I think whats going on/what went on is that Vontae got really upset at the "trade block" (he was being shopped). The Colts coaches then basically demoted him for "bad play" on the field. Vontae probably told them at that point that he wasn't still feeling better due to groin issue, which led to the colts staff getting bent/confused as now they are confronted with vontae hiding injury details possibly. This is why colts never reported it. So at that point they told vontae to get other opinions, here comes the surgery reference, however the Colts just didn't want anymore circus regarding this so they cut him as he was going to IR anyway..

I believe something like this went down, a part of it at least. just speculation though, good or bad

9 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Boy I'd really like to know what's going on here. 

There's something more than just the injury. Has to be. There's gotta be some kind of internal beef that has been bubbling. 

Why?  Vontae was upset with the Colts, the Colts claimed they had done nothing wrong.  Vontae is underperforming, getting old, and injured.  He's also in a contract year, and the trade deadline has passed.  The Colts want to get younger.  Releasing him was the right move

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Why?  Vontae was upset with the Colts, the Colts claimed they had done nothing wrong.  Vontae is underperforming, getting old, and injured.  He's also in a contract year, and the trade deadline has passed.  The Colts want to get younger.  Releasing him was the right move

Well don'tcha know, the Colts are dumber and worse than the Browns now, so basically everything is now evidence of the narrative..

BTW, yes, at this point it was the right move. The Colts side of this story has to be something like this.. He wanted to play, and we (the squad) needed him.

It didn't work. That happens sometimes.